Blasphemy - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Blasphemy in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by mr weather Not sure where this "only 18 mpg highway" stuff is coming from. If I don't ...
    AussiePete is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Re: Blasphemy

Quote Originally Posted by mr weather View Post
    Not sure where this "only 18 mpg highway" stuff is coming from. If I don't put my foot in it, I routinely get 22-23 on highway runs.
    I keep reading about you guys in the 20's for highway MPG - and am starting to wonder if there is something wrong with my car. There is no god damn freaking way I can get 22-23 mph. No god damn way. Are you modded - and if so what - because I want them. My best average is 17 and that was full highway miles without even *breathing* on the gas pedal. Generally I get 11 or 12.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Are u filling up with 10% ethanol gas - that kills mpg

Also if you live in a hilly area it will kill mpg

Over 80mph I feel my mileage drops

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by AussiePete View Post

I keep reading about you guys in the 20's for highway MPG - and am starting to wonder if there is something wrong with my car. There is no god damn freaking way I can get 22-23 mph. No god damn way. Are you modded - and if so what - because I want them. My best average is 17 and that was full highway miles without even *breathing* on the gas pedal. Generally I get 11 or 12.
    Closet lead foot.

mr weather is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by AussiePete View Post
    I keep reading about you guys in the 20's for highway MPG - and am starting to wonder if there is something wrong with my car. There is no god damn freaking way I can get 22-23 mph. No god damn way. Are you modded - and if so what - because I want them.
    No mods here, all bone stock. Plus the premium gas around here has no ethanol. Like I said, if my right foot behaves I have no problems getting the highway mileage I do.

A few years ago Top Gear did a segment comparing the mileage on a new M3 and a Prius doing a decent speed around their track. The Bimmer used less gas and the take home message was: it's not what you drive but how you drive it.

Just come out of the closet. You are in good company here. We all have a heavy right foot.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Gasoline with 10% ethanol has 3% less energy than pure gasoline. That means 26.2mpg instead of 27mpg, or 18.4mpg instead of 19mpg, or 11.6mpg instead of 12mpg.

I have the instant-mpg gauge displaying all the time; I don't see 27 for more than an instant. Speed costs.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by AussiePete

Go out on a freeway and engage your cruise control around 2100 rpm in 6th. If you're on fairly level ground for about 30 miles, your avg. mpg should be between 20 and 21. Don't forget to reset your avg. mpg before you do this, and keep your foot off the throttle.

Jud
    Jud

AussiePete is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

I'm in Cali, the land of shit 91 octane gas, so maybe that is playing a factor - but as Jinx says on the instant-mpg gauge I will only see 27 or near if I am coasting down hill. Flat level ground, doing 65, I'm rarely breaking 20s. It's to the point I have considered bringing it up at the next service - except I don't want to be that DB who brings an infamously bad gas guzzler in to complain about MPG..

When I bought the car however, I had Toe adjusted as I was badly wearing/cupping the outside of the tires - which will definitely effect MPG. So maybe there is actually something still going on? I think the only way to tell is to swap cars with someone for a cruise. Anyone else in San Diego with a stock 6 speed Vagon?

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

I tried to get a read on cruising mpg at 60mph on the way to work this afternoon, but I couldn't drive that slow. People honked.

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Any miles per gallon achieved at 60 mph is offset by the consumption used getting to that speed. I continue to try to get that 0-60 mph time down...often times repeatedly.

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Filling up and resetting the computer when I started, I averaged 19.7 on a one day ~600 mile trek to/from the poconos from DC area. Lots of highway miles (probably ~550 miles of it) at mostly 65-75 mph (all legal, your honor), about 10-15 traffic light stops in total, about ~40 miles of hilly country roads, and about 10 miles of dirt road (grrrr). Driving style was "normal;" not trying to be a hypermiler, but not running like the Dukes of Hazzard, either(2010 V2 sedan, 6M).

Old fashioned math confirmed the computer number within a couple of tenths.

I do have a pully tune and some other goodies with 680 or so at the crank and near 600 to the tires. Its a 2012 6M coupe. And since I put the tune on I do get better gas mileage. A good three to four on the average. At 75 cruise I averaged 21.5 mpg. If I slowed down to 60 I'd get above 25+ mpg. Maybe its the leaner tune.

mr weather is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

I achieved my numbers by running 65 with the cruise on. Topography around here is pretty flat so that helps.

If I wanted great mileage I wouldn't have bought a 2 ton, 556 hp sedan. But I know it can do alright by driving appropriately.

RobF300 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's

no sense buying a powerful car just to drive it like a vagina to save $10 per fill up hyper milling like a tree hugging hippy down the highway, lol

My name is Rob, I get 12mpg and Im not afraid to admit it
    RogersV likes this.

Bridgette2013 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V SEDAN
    Quote Originally Posted by RGaret
    Just read this in Newsday, a regional Long Island newspaper. It's a review of the new CTS

"The star of the show is a twin-turbocharged version of the V6 that puts out 420 horsepower and 430 pound-feet of torque. This unique-to-Cadillac powerplant anchors the CTS V-Sport (it's also used in the larger XTS), which is the successor to the hotrod CTS-V sedan. The "V" is available for at least one more year in the coupe and wagon models that carry over unaltered for the 2014 model year. As quick as they are, the 556-horsepower supercharged V8 with its unquenchable thirst for fuel (12 mpg in the city and 18 highway) is no longer considered acceptable or politically correct in this day and age. Enter the turbocharged V6."

Obviously not written by a car guy.

http://www.newsday.com/classifieds/c...dans-1.5816968
    Left wing bs

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.