Blasphemy - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Blasphemy in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; People that demand to be politically correct could not tell the difference looking at a V6 or a V8 much ...
    V locity is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan A6, 730 RWHP Stock airbox & stock exst

Re: Blasphemy

People that demand to be politically correct could not tell the difference looking at a V6 or a V8 much less even figure out how to lift the hood... Oh, excuse me, "Bonnet"

one_tracker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RGaret View Post
    Japanese cars have no soul or character.
    How can a "car guy" make a blanket statement like this? Absolutely ridiculous. Car guy? I don't think so.

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RGaret View Post
    Nissan charges $100k+ for their car. No way it's worth it. Would much rather have an M or AMG. Japanese cars have no soul or character.
    I don't see how you can say it's not worth it when there is no other car from the factory that can compete with it until you get into supercar territory. Even a V modified with 40k in extra's couldn't beat it on a race track (not drag strip). You have the right for an opinion but what is this opinion backed up with? How many Japanese cars have you owned? I say owned because driving one for 15 minutes doesn't count.

Also you do realize M / Amg cars are more along the lines of 120k right? Does that make it "worth it"?

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by ptrd View Post

I don't see how you can say it's not worth it when there is no other car from the factory that can compete with it until you get into supercar territory. Even a V modified with 40k in extra's couldn't beat it on a race track (not drag strip).
    That is a completely false statement. First of all there are several Vs that are faster than Godzilla in motorcross and drag. Yes with modifications some for a lot less that the stock price of GT R. Plus the back and forth testing at Nuremburg had the Viper the GTR and the ZR1 trading places for first. ZR1 and GTR completely factory stock. Godzilla is totally beatable and for less money. Plus with the V you get a better interior a better ride and you don't get mistaken for a chevy cobalt from the rear. Yuck. I'm sorry but I don't know about soul for a car but the GTR has little character in its looks. Its an ugly car.

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    My intention was not to ignite a contentious debate. I am sure the GT-R is a fine automobile in certain respects. But it isn't for me. I just don't "want" it like I do other cars. To each his own. And by the way, I had two Nissan's, an Infiniti, and a Lexus before my V.

The GTR is impressive. Its performance is undeniable. Its just ugly and rides like a brick. I don't see how anyone can drive it every day without chipping an occasional tooth. Plus you can get to that kind of performance with less money and a better ride.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanB52
    I don't see how anyone can drive it every day without chipping an occasional tooth.
    LOL! Good stuff.

texasnoiz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): M3M5EVO9-sold; next up TESLA, Vwagon

perhaps I should have said 500hp with luxury AND utility.....and we could avoid the back and forth on paucity of japanese automotive soul - one may agree that a true automotive enthusiast has room for appreciation of all things automobili - GT-R is without a doubt AWD wizardry in terms of factory speed and numbers. Respect. However it may not suit everyone's needs - i do prefer a 4 door - and a wagon provides enough versatility (and V provides some speed factor) that staves off any SUV talk in this household. stay calm and carry on....

mr weather is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

Not sure where this "only 18 mpg highway" stuff is coming from. If I don't put my foot in it, I routinely get 22-23 on highway runs.

MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

All ugly.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

The V2 makes 21mph hwy with 560 hp. That's still good for this day and age, and not far behind cars that cost $30,000 more.

Yes the AMG and S8 etc are now making 24ish mpg and about the same in town....I've argued this before that 2-3 mpg really isn't that big of a deal, but I would hope that the V3 might improve upon this of course.

Also I get better mpg at 80mph in my V than my 392 SRT did which at those speeds takes the MPG down to 21-22. I can't speak for the AMG, having driven enough, but I was impressed by my fiends 2012 CLs550 making 25.5 over 450 miles. In town his CLS is 15-16 just like our cars.

The V2 is hardly outdated. In this day and age, the tech packages change like apple hardware, it's a fact of life now with all of the touch screen computer junk.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by mr weather View Post
    Not sure where this "only 18 mpg highway" stuff is coming from. If I don't put my foot in it, I routinely get 22-23 on highway runs.
    X freaking zackly

I get 27 at 60 mph. 21 at 70. M6

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Automotive reporting in most newspapers is generally crap. To them it's a lifestyle section, not hard news. So it's no surprise that yet another newspaper got the story wrong in the rush to fill a few inches with punchy prose.

Wast'omoney

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.