2014 Engine Confusion
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 2014 Engine Confusion in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; WhenI search online for CTS V 2014 For Sale, everything I find shows the V-8 engine. What happened to the ...
    GringoEd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX 4

2014 Engine Confusion

WhenI search online for CTS V 2014 For Sale, everything I find shows the V-8 engine. What happened to the twin turbo V-6? If I order a CTS V from a dealer, is the Turbo V-6 an option? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PetroCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V Sedan

Re: 2014 Engine Confusion

The 2014 CTS V Sport will have the 3.6L twin turbo V6.

http://autos.aol.com/cars-Cadillac-C...edan/overview/

bnagel is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

The twin turbo cts Vsport is not a CTS-V with 556 HP. It is low 400s iirc.
    Ben

IBMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe

The V Sport is not the V series.
    neuronbob, RapidRob and Tedboss1 like this.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

This will all become clear when the 2014 CTS ordering information shows up on Cadillac.com. It's still summer, the new generation CTS isn't available until fall, and the Vsport package not until some time after that.

The 2014 CTS-V info is on the website because it's carryover. Unfortunately, GM has always (wrongly so IMHO) been very slow to put all-new production model info on their websites. If you're talking about it in the press, you need it on your website, even if it's just a placeholder.
    RippyPartsDept likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by GringoEd View Post
    WhenI search online for CTS V 2014 For Sale, everything I find shows the V-8 engine. What happened to the twin turbo V-6? If I order a CTS V from a dealer, is the Turbo V-6 an option? Thanks!
    Hello GringoEd,

another forum members are correct that there is a differentiation between the two. The 2014 CTS V-Series is a continuation of the previous model and has the V8 engine. The Twin Turbo V6 engine is available on the V Sport which is the brand new for 2014 model.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

Guess I could try to deduce the info.
    What is the drivetrain weight difference between the V-6 and V-8 models.

baabootoo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Hundreds of pounds.........

And 130+ hp. Despite the lighter third-gen platform, the pounds/hp of the Vsport is not in the same class as the present CTS-V.

Cub Cadet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6spd MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello GringoEd,

another forum members are correct that there is a differentiation between the two. The 2014 CTS V-Series is a continuation of the previous model and has the V8 engine. The Twin Turbo V6 engine is available on the V Sport which is the brand new for 2014 model.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    So, new body style (2014 style) and existing supercharged v8?

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Cub Cadet View Post
    So, new body style (2014 style) and existing supercharged v8?
    I think you meant OR not AND

The 2014 CTS-V is the same body style as the 2013 and has the V8 supercharger
    The NEW style CTS and CTS-V-Sport will have the V6 engine. The V-Sport houses the V6 twin turbo.

Don't worry, I had trouble wrapping my head around it at first. But it is easier to think of the CTS-V is the same as the 2013 with some different color options. By this time next year, the confusion will all be a past memory.

marcusp23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan
    Why is everyone assuming there will still be a V in the new CTS body style with a V-8 like the current version? I sure hope so, but has there been any real announcement of this? Or is it all speculation at this point?

ehrasmuss is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusp23
    Why is everyone assuming there will still be a V in the new CTS body style with a V-8 like the current version? I sure hope so, but has there been any real announcement of this? Or is it all speculation at this point?
    I did read in Automotive News the a there will be a next generation V, however, no engine specs were provided.

There has been no official announcement -- and anyone who expects one this early doesn't know GM -- but GM reps in interviews have coyly indicated that there will be another CTS-V. As for powerplant, a less-exotic version of the forced-induction V8 going into the Z06/ZR1 replacement is a pretty safe bet.

skilltel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

This seems like a horrible marketing decision and creating frustration among customers... I have been on hold for the last 6 months on a new vehicle purchase in wait of the new body style CTS-V. Even my dealer representative was not aware of there being a difference between the "CTS-V" and the "V-Sport" and was under the assumption that the CTS-V would share the new design... why have a naming convention that causes this unnecessary confusion? Why does it make sense for the standard CTS and V-Sport (souped up V-6 model) to wear the new design (which looks great) but not have a CTS-V introduced at the same time with the new body style? Who will buy the 2014 CTS-V (old body style) with anticipation that a new body style is imminent, and the CTS V-Sport on the street that is visually more impressive despite a lack in horsepower? I am now in a holding pattern as a result as I was intending to purchase an new body style as an upgrade to my 2009 CTS-V... I cannot wait another year, unfortunately I may have to go M5 shopping...Frustrated to say the least.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.