2014 Engine Confusion - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 2014 Engine Confusion in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Cadillac already has the 2014 CTS V ordering page up. It seems to work... http://www.cadillac.com/cts-v-sport-...-zipcode=07440...
    LeeH is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe

Re: 2014 Engine Confusion

Cadillac already has the 2014 CTS V ordering page up. It seems to work...
    http://www.cadillac.com/cts-v-sport-...-zipcode=07440

montgb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by skilltel View Post
    This seems like a horrible marketing decision and creating frustration among customers... I have been on hold for the last 6 months on a new vehicle purchase in wait of the new body style CTS-V. Even my dealer representative was not aware of there being a difference between the "CTS-V" and the "V-Sport" and was under the assumption that the CTS-V would share the new design... why have a naming convention that causes this unnecessary confusion? Why does it make sense for the standard CTS and V-Sport (souped up V-6 model) to wear the new design (which looks great) but not have a CTS-V introduced at the same time with the new body style? Who will buy the 2014 CTS-V (old body style) with anticipation that a new body style is imminent, and the CTS V-Sport on the street that is visually more impressive despite a lack in horsepower? I am now in a holding pattern as a result as I was intending to purchase an new body style as an upgrade to my 2009 CTS-V... I cannot wait another year, unfortunately I may have to go M5 shopping...Frustrated to say the least.
    This is fairly standard practice, although I agree that it is frustrating. IIRC the current gen M3 was introduced after the 3-series had been available for some time. Cadillac is smart to introduce a "tweener" vehicle like the Vsport - the power specs (and fuel economy of a twin turbo) will enable it to compete nicely in the entry-lux class. As a CTS-V owner, I roll my eyes at the badging, but with all the F-sports, IPLs, SS models, S-types, etc, it makes sense.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by skilltel
    This seems like a horrible marketing decision and creating frustration among customers... I have been on hold for the last 6 months on a new vehicle purchase in wait of the new body style CTS-V. Even my dealer representative was not aware of there being a difference between the "CTS-V" and the "V-Sport" and was under the assumption that the CTS-V would share the new design... why have a naming convention that causes this unnecessary confusion? Why does it make sense for the standard CTS and V-Sport (souped up V-6 model) to wear the new design (which looks great) but not have a CTS-V introduced at the same time with the new body style? Who will buy the 2014 CTS-V (old body style) with anticipation that a new body style is imminent, and the CTS V-Sport on the street that is visually more impressive despite a lack in horsepower? I am now in a holding pattern as a result as I was intending to purchase an new body style as an upgrade to my 2009 CTS-V... I cannot wait another year, unfortunately I may have to go M5 shopping...Frustrated to say the least.
    I'm in the same boat with my 2009. Fortunately, it has been a great car and continues to amaze me. We probably won't be able to purchase a V3 for 1.5-2 years, so I'm waiting to see how the ATS-V turns out. If it has a 6 cyl. engine, I will look at a C7 or maybe a Chevy SS, if offers a higher performance V8 and the TR6070 at the time.

Jud

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by skilltel View Post
    They sold a '14 V because there was demand. They never release a V version until the new model has a year on the market.

End of story. You've had a V. If you came here for info and not a money grabbing salesman, you'd have no problems...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

stuckbehindaprius is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 6sp CTS-V Wagon

This seems like a horrible marketing decision and creating frustration among customers... I have been on hold for the last 6 months on a new vehicle purchase in wait of the new body style CTS-V. Even my dealer representative was not aware of there being a difference between the "CTS-V" and the "V-Sport" and was under the assumption that the CTS-V would share the new design... why have a naming convention that causes this unnecessary confusion?
    Cadillac is the latest on the bandwagon:

BMW does it with M trim cars, Lexus now has F Sport cars, Audi has S Sport cars (basically every A7 I see has "s sport" wheels and badging, etc etc.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.