2010 V overheats
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 2010 V overheats in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I was on a business trip in Mississippi from Mephis, and when I pulled into a gas station from being ...
    cts-v ls6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

2010 V overheats

I was on a business trip in Mississippi from Mephis, and when I pulled into a gas station from being on the highway for 3 hours, the DIC said I was overheated. The short version is that a Cadillac dealer was on the same street as the gas station, and less than a mile away. The car had about 96k miles on it, so it was still in power train warranty. The diagnosis was a bad thermostat, and a cracked plastic tank in the cooling system. Both parts had to be ordered, and the down time was 4 days. So I asked for a loaner car, but the dealship said they had none, and instead directed me to a nearby car rental company. I rented the car, they fixed my V and I retrieved my car later that week.

My question is if the repair was warranty, why wasn't the rental car covered?

Jack

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    If it was a factory warranty replacement it should've been.

stabie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V wagon

Re: 2010 V overheats

I'd contact cadillac corp, I believe it would be covered under trip interruption.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by cts-v ls6 View Post
    I was on a business trip in Mississippi from Mephis, and when I pulled into a gas station from being on the highway for 3 hours, the DIC said I was overheated. The short version is that a Cadillac dealer was on the same street as the gas station, and less than a mile away. The car had about 96k miles on it, so it was still in power train warranty. The diagnosis was a bad thermostat, and a cracked plastic tank in the cooling system. Both parts had to be ordered, and the down time was 4 days. So I asked for a loaner car, but the dealship said they had none, and instead directed me to a nearby car rental company. I rented the car, they fixed my V and I retrieved my car later that week.

My question is if the repair was warranty, why wasn't the rental car covered?

Jack
    Hello cts-v ls6,

I would be more than happy to do some additional research for you as to you question. Could you please private message me your name, contact info, VIN, and dealership that you had the work done at? Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post. I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Greg W.

I Pm'd you the info.

Thanks,

Jack

Greg W. with Cadillac--

Were you able to get an answer on why the rental car wasn't covered?

Thanks,

Jack

Greg W. with Cadillac Customer Care--

Any word yet?

Thanks,

Jack

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by cts-v ls6 View Post
    Greg W. with Cadillac Customer Care--

Any word yet?

Thanks,

Jack
    Hello Jack,

I have sent you two private messages and I haven’t gotten a response back. If you did not receive them, is there an email that I can reach you at that might work better? If you don't want to publicly post it, you can email me at socialmedia@gm.com or private message it on this account. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Hi, Greg,

I haven't seen the PM's but my email is hegger3@jtectn.com.

Thanks,

Jack

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.