Will Cadillac continue production on the 14' V8 cts-v's?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Will Cadillac continue production on the 14' V8 cts-v's? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hey, I ordered a 14' opulent blue cts-v two weeks ago. Yesterday my salesman told me that Cadillac is stopping ...
    Jymboslice is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Will Cadillac continue production on the 14' V8 cts-v's?

Hey, I ordered a 14' opulent blue cts-v two weeks ago. Yesterday my salesman told me that Cadillac is stopping production on the cts-v's with a v8 in them and producing that twin turbo v6 motor instead.

Will cadillac continue to make the v8 v's? or are they pretty much done with them?

Any information on this would be awesome, I do not really want to buy a car off the lot and would rather get the one I want. Only options I got were opulent blue, satin wheels, yellow calipers, TR6060, and recaros. All the cars on the lot have a sunroof and that maple interior trim, not to big into either of those. An auto would be nice, but I'd rather have the manual because of the "fun" factor.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Trackjunke is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Will Cadillac continue production on the 14' V8 cts-v's?

Yes, there is going to be a limited run of "old" CTS-V with supercharged V8 engine for production in 2014 ( I know because my V wagon order was accepted for production). The new engine you are referring to is for the CTS V-sport which is based off of the new CTS chassis (not a CTS-V).

IBMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe

What he said.

shchow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V; 2010 Escalade ESV
    Agreed.
    Ordered 2014 V which is supposed to be delivered middle of August.
    At this time, I don't think anyone knows how long Caddy will continue to take orders for 2014's.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackjunke View Post
    Yes, there is going to be a limited run of "old" CTS-V with supercharged V8 engine for production in 2014 ( I know because my V wagon order was accepted for production). The new engine you are referring to is for the CTS V-sport which is based off of the new CTS chassis (not a CTS-V).
    When did your order get accepted and when did you place the order?

Thanks

Trackjunke is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Placed the order about 2 weeks ago and accepted about 1 week ago. Production date still TBD. Talking to a few other dealer, they seem to be saying they can no longer place orders as they have no allocated cars.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Never take a salesman's word about the inability for you to order the car you want. Maybe he would rather sell you something off the lot, maybe the dealership doesn't have allocation, maybe he's just not well-educated, but it's very likely that he's operating off second-hand (or third- or fourth- or fifth-hand) information and you're not getting the whole story. If he can't produce some Cadillac documentation that Cadillac is no longer accepting orders from anyone anywhere and production is closed, let him know you will exhaust every option available to you to get what you want. That starts with calling other dealers until you find one that can prove he can deliver.

That said, rumor has it that sedans and coupes are being built but wagon orders are waiting until September. Which suggests to me they plan to be building Vs at least through September.
    IBMike likes this.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Never take a salesman's word about the inability for you to order the car you want. Maybe he would rather sell you something off the lot, maybe the dealership doesn't have allocation, maybe he's just not well-educated, but it's very likely that he's operating off second-hand (or third- or fourth- or fifth-hand) information and you're not getting the whole story. If he can't produce some Cadillac documentation that Cadillac is no longer accepting orders from anyone anywhere and production is closed, let him know you will exhaust every option available to you to get what you want. That starts with calling other dealers until you find one that can prove he can deliver.

That said, rumor has it that sedans and coupes are being built but wagon orders are waiting until September. Which suggests to me they plan to be building Vs at least through September.
    +1

There are countless threads on this site alone that illustrate the complete lack of competency of so many "salesmen" at dealerships. It's just the nature of the beast. Odds are, your salesman is bullshitting you 75% of the time - the only question is: is he doing it on purpose, or is he just naive?

It's sad, and I can't believe there isn't a more effective dissemination of information for how to order a $70K vehicle... but that's the way it is. If you don't get the answer you want, go somewhere else.

Hell, there are easily a half-dozen Cadillac Dealers that heavily advertise online that would gladly take your order (and probably ship the car to you for "free").

Maybe I should go to a different dealer and ask around? I wouldn't understand why he would be making up excuses about not ordering a car but it does make sense. I was going to purchase the vehicle and even put a deposit down, he knew this. Maybe I'll just go to another dealer. I know I wouldn't be as happy in a car off the lot and for $70k I want the car I order. There are a few other Cadillac dealers around me, I'll try going to them.

Crystal Red CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07

Quote Originally Posted by Jymboslice View Post
    Maybe I should go to a different dealer and ask around? I wouldn't understand why he would be making up excuses about not ordering a car but it does make sense. I was going to purchase the vehicle and even put a deposit down, he knew this. Maybe I'll just go to another dealer. I know I wouldn't be as happy in a car off the lot and for $70k I want the car I order. There are a few other Cadillac dealers around me, I'll try going to them.
    Yes, didn't want the sunroof so had to order.

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

All I know?
    With each new 2014 CTS you get THUNDERCLAP at no additional charge.
    So I thought I would look up this new bonus as i had heard of the Bullhead clap and Clap in general.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=thunderclap
    Reads as new thrills at the dealers.

I ended up speaking to a different dealer, one who actually called me back, and explained to me that cadillac is running into some supplier issues or something with the v8 V's. He actually told me more about it, in 5 minutes, than the dealer that I ordered the car from. I'm about to go get my deposit back and go to this new dealership. He said once this issue is over, he should be able to order me a V no problem.

So it looks like it is a supplier issues that is putting a hold on the V8 cts-v's.

btek is offline Cadillac Owners Member

can anyone tell me which dealership (preferably in southern California) is taking orders for 2014 V wagons?

bbradyc5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

I was informed that GM has put a hold on accepting wagon orders (by someone at GM not some dealer clown). My order was placed in first week of June and has a targeted production week of Sept15 which is supposedly the first run of wagons for 14. Apparently due to some plant re-tooling and supplier issues they are only building coupes and sedans right now and GM wanted to stop accepting wagon orders since the delivery timing would be so far out. Not sure if this is still the case or not but if you want to order a wagon, find a reliable dealer and stay on them to find out when orders are able to be placed again.

btek is offline Cadillac Owners Member

thanks. that 's a bummer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.