Rear bumper, poor fit
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Rear bumper, poor fit in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Anyone else notice that the rear bumper on their V-wagon sticks out on the sides? Both sides of my rear ...
    spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Rear bumper, poor fit

Anyone else notice that the rear bumper on their V-wagon sticks out on the sides? Both sides of my rear bumper, where it comes to a point under the tail light, poke out a bit. It's flexible urethane, so I can push on it and it flexes into normal position. But its resting state is sticking out 1/4". Sigh.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

Re: Rear bumper, poor fit

Mine does too, left side only, about 1/8" I used my wife's Mega-Hairdryer to heat it up, and pushed it back flush. Lasted about a day until it worked it's way back out again...

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    Anyone else notice that the rear bumper on their V-wagon sticks out on the sides? Both sides of my rear bumper, where it comes to a point under the tail light, poke out a bit. It's flexible urethane, so I can push on it and it flexes into normal position. But its resting state is sticking out 1/4". Sigh.
    Mine does this too, only on the left side. I went to the dealer and it looks like all of the V cars have this issue. I've decided to live with it.

V-swagon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1985 Fleetwood Brougham, 2002 DTS, 2011 CTS-V wagon
    Mine is the same way on my 11 wagon.

mpouls1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '09 V 11.99@118mph, '11 Tahoe LTZ, '03 Silverado, '00 Jetta

Quote Originally Posted by RGaret View Post
    it looks like all of the V cars have this issue...
    this...beginning the first V2 rolled off the line.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi all,

I apologize for the rear bumper sticking out on the sides. I understand how this can be annoying for everyone and I am sorry for those who went to the dealer and are choosing to live with it. If anyone has concerns or issues they would like to further discuss, please private message me!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hi all,

I apologize for the rear bumper sticking out on the sides. I understand how this can be annoying for everyone and I am sorry for those who went to the dealer and are choosing to live with it. If anyone has concerns or issues they would like to further discuss, please private message me!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Laura,

For me at least, I understand it may be a design flaw and not something the dealer can fix. That's why I decided not to complain about it. All of the CTS-V's I saw at my dealer have the same issue.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Thanks Laura. Given this seems to be a broader manufacturing issue, I'm going to sit on it. If I feel motivated enough, I'll take off the bumper and epoxy a small aluminum strip to the inside of that area to hold it in better shape. A new bumper would mean painting by the dealer and color mismatch. Not worth it.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by RGaret View Post
    Laura,

For me at least, I understand it may be a design flaw and not something the dealer can fix. That's why I decided not to complain about it. All of the CTS-V's I saw at my dealer have the same issue.
    Hi RGaret,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. We appreciate our customer feedback. I am sorry there is not a current fix for your vehicle.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    Thanks Laura. Given this seems to be a broader manufacturing issue, I'm going to sit on it. If I feel motivated enough, I'll take off the bumper and epoxy a small aluminum strip to the inside of that area to hold it in better shape. A new bumper would mean painting by the dealer and color mismatch. Not worth it.
    Hey spearfish25,

You are welcome. If there was an available fix, I would be sure to let everyone know. I understand how issues with a vehicle are frustrating when there is no available or easy solution.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

mpouls1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '09 V 11.99@118mph, '11 Tahoe LTZ, '03 Silverado, '00 Jetta

I would rather just leave it alone, really don't notice at all. I would be more worried taking it to a dealer and being made worse, bumper scratched, etc. you know what I mean.

MPNX2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    My 13 sedan has the same issue on the left side. I noticed it the other day in the garage.

Gman1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Same here, both sides. The amount of protrusion does seem to fluctuate with temperature changes. It seems odd on this caliber of car but it is what it is. Old style GM fit and finish is not totally gone.

Blakester is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 cts-v wagon
    My wagon had rrear bumper cover replaced(great allignment, only issue is driver side tail lite(top) align.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Yeah, my rear bumper doesn't quite align with the quarterpanels either. It's basically flush at the lower end and protrudes slightly at the upper end, a little more on one side than the other.

I don't know that GM has ever gotten good alignment on any car in this area. It's probably an old-GM thing.

nucleus101 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks everyone for the comments. Now I know it's a manufacturer issue. Since I bought a used cts, i was worried that the bumper was removed and fixed for whatever reason and put back on.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.