Racing shift
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Racing shift in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Good Morning all, So, I'm traveling 79mph in 6th gear when a silly little 350Z wants to play. I'm in ...
    Andremator is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Racing shift

Good Morning all,

So, I'm traveling 79mph in 6th gear when a silly little 350Z wants to play. I'm in 6th gear so I pop it into 4th, take it to 120 and try to go into 5th, it won't!! In the mean time the silly little Z catches up, forcing me to put it in 6th to keep going. Not sure what happened there, but why didn't it want to go into 5th? Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Dumb question but...in the heat of the minute are you sure you were trying fifth and not third? Been there. Has it happened again since?

LOL. Yes, I'm positive it was fifth. It's happened before!

Zhariak is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum, 2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

Re: Racing shift

Just chiming in

Not sure how accurate this is, but I've always noticed 5th and 6th fussy on 2 separate V's... When driving calmly they go in without a problem, but when driving a little aggressively, there's a way to do it.

I'm guilty of grinding 5th a few times. I remember the first time I did it on my 2013, I was devastated! hahaha

Zhariak, what do you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by Andremator View Post
    Zhariak, what do you suggest?
    lol, I'm sorry but can't suggest anything...

Because it's semi-difficult to get in, I always used to put effort in to going completely to the right, then up to 5th. One day, after driving V's straight for almost 1.5 years, I noticed accidentally it actually went in to 5th super easy if you just push forward and very very very lightly to the right. I don't want to sound dumb, but I couldn't believe how easily it went in without any issues. It actually took me a while to master this, since I was always scared about accidently slamming it back in to 3rd... hahha

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    I've got to see if it's more difficult to find 5th after 4th when accelerating hard. When I downshift from 6th to 4th to pass a car, I'm so impressed with the rocket acceleration that I go to 6th after passing. Also, on 2 lane public roads, I need to get out of the triple digits for many reasons. I scare the locals when I do this. If I go to 5th in those circumstances, I'll hit take-off speed pretty quick. Ha haa!

Jud
    Jud

Well, since the OP posted the thread, I've had some time to play...

I've confirmed, if you push over right, and then up. It makes 5th somewhat more difficult to get in.

If you just push up from 4th and gently (lightly) put sideways (to the right) pressure on, it goes in super silky smooth.

Just make sure you don't accidently throw it back in to 3rd, lmao

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhariak

Just make sure you don't accidently throw it back in to 3rd, lmao
    Exactly!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.