Adding bluetooth handsfree and streaming without onstar
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Adding bluetooth handsfree and streaming without onstar in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hi guys! Firstly I just want to say how helpful this place is. I have spent hours and hours on ...
    Emile is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts-v

Adding bluetooth handsfree and streaming without onstar

Hi guys!

Firstly I just want to say how helpful this place is. I have spent hours and hours on here learning about the cts v before I finally took the plunge last night ad picked up a black 2011 auto!

I am over the moon! It's amazing...but it does not have onstar/bluetooth handsfree.
    I'm in the UAE and I don't think onstar is available, so the module isn't there. I do have sat nav though.

What I'm looking for is some way of adding bluetooth handsfree and pref steaming. The dealer is offering to install something for around $350/400, which seems a lot for just handsfree.

Do any of you guys have any other ideas?? All thoughts are welcome!!

Thanks guys!!

E

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Adding bluetooth handsfree and streaming without onstar

I'm not sure about phone handsfree but you can always get a bluetooth usb dongle to stream music to the aux usb.

Hey thanks for the reply! The priority is really the phone as I take a lot of calls on the car. I will try o get mmore info from the dealer re his proposed solution and post it here.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

you could try and get an onstar module and bluetooth antenna

i've heard of people successfully adding factory bluetooth to their cars using this method

the hardest part is figuring out which part number you need to get
    usually people are selling them on ebay for about $200-$300

the bluetooth antennas are all the same part number and some of the ebay auctions will include the antenna... some won't

my suggestion is to search this forum as thoroughly as you can to find a thread where another 2nd generation CTS (probably a 2008 pre-bluetooth model) owner has upgraded to add the bluetooth
    those threads are here ... you just need to find them

once you've done that it's just a matter of finding one on ebay and crossing you fingers and hoping everything works when you plug it all in
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Dogbreath is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Try Crutchfield.com. They have a number of Bluetooth adaptors. It also seems like there was a thread here previously. I'd look for it, but I'm too lazy.

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    you could try and get an onstar module and bluetooth antenna...
    But to stream audio over BT, you need A2DP support. I don't have this on my '09, has it been/can it be added?

no

i don't think any pre-cue cadillac has a2dp bluetooth
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

warmwater is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe

Check out my post as long as you have the USB plug then this should work and also give you Bluetooth , I will test tomorrow and verify the mic works I know the sound output works.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...oolstream.html

Hey WarmWater, any news re the Mic. From what I can see these products only stream the music, and dont connect with the mic. Pity though, would be an easy fix...... I might drop them an email anyway. I think the dealer is suggesting a Nokia kit which must integrate with the OEM hardware.

Update: the dealer has just come back to me, apparently the system he is offering will not integrate with the car controls, only the speakers and the built-in mic. For $400 that seems quite mad. I'll keep updating this as I get more info, but i'm quire sure that there is an answer to the problem that wont cost the earth!

Ok, it looks as though the already much debated COSTAR Bluestar is a contender for a fix here. Does anyone on here sell them or know much about them? I need to check if my 2011 (with all the right buttons) has the module (which i doubt) and if it does not, will the costar unit still work? I'll keep you informed, as I really dont want a cheap plastic add-on control sitting around my interior if i can help it!!

Hi guys, had a great chat with Chris from Costar. Their product requires (as you guys prob know) ALL of the Onstar hardware to work, more than just the wireing loom. As such it won't work in my case as I only have the mic and buttons on the wheel.

Next step is to look into devices which will mirror my iPhone onto the nav screen and perhaps make do with a seporate call answer button.

Will post an update soon.

didit is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V SDN

i went with the monoprice bluetooth adaptor... only $15 and works excellent... been using since March when I bought the car...
    http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

VMoose is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by didit View Post
    i went with the monoprice bluetooth adaptor... only $15 and works excellent... been using since March when I bought the car...
    http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
    Yep, I posted this in another thread, but wanted to get the information out there.

$19.47 Monoprice Bluetooth Receiver Link: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...2704&p_id=7364

$0.90 Monoprice USB A Male to USB A Male (for powering the receiver) Link: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

$1.50 3.5mm male to male stereo cable (I had several laying around the house) Link: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

All set up in the console:

The phone automatically pairs within range. For my Android phone, I use the Poweramp music app which launches and plays music on Bluetooth connect. It will automatically pause when the bluetooth device is not in range or it is off.

how is the sound quality of the monoprice bluetooth receiver?
    i have heard that some less expensive bluetooth chips are not that good

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.