Maybe a Repost - but I will leave this here - 2014 CTS-V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Maybe a Repost - but I will leave this here - 2014 CTS-V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I hope that this isn't right, and that the new V will have over 100whp less than the older model. ...
    Stop&Turnfreak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Maybe a Repost - but I will leave this here - 2014 CTS-V

I hope that this isn't right, and that the new V will have over 100whp less than the older model. If this is true, I am really dissappointed.

Again, hope it isn't a repost ... if it is my apologies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd6FRLMV_so

~STF

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elphil is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Really Cool '11 CTS-V Wagon

Re: Maybe a Repost - but I will leave this here - 2014 CTS-V

We don't know for sure, but we believe the CTS-V Sport is an in between model and the full blown (no pun intended) V series, as we know it, will come later. Or, we may be approaching the end of the V model as we know it.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

V-Sport and CTS-V will be two different models.

Squirlz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond 6MT V-Wagon

Yes, some are confused. This the new Vsport. A new CTS-V is still to come.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by Stop&Turnfreak View Post
    I hope that this isn't right, and that the new V will have over 100whp less than the older model. If this is true, I am really dissappointed.

Again, hope it isn't a repost ... if it is my apologies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd6FRLMV_so

~STF
    the V sport is not a real CTS-V. It's akin to the 550i, 335i Msport or similar.

V inspired, not actually a V.

neuronbob is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

.....and the predicted confusion over nomenclature continues.

yaymitch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon

I can't believe there is so much confusion from supposed car enthusiasts. It's just like the A4, S4 and RS4 that Audi produces. The Germans have been doing this for years and their buyers don't seem ultra confused about this. There is only one V. There is only one V-Sport. Why is this soooo confusing?
    RippyPartsDept likes this.

CoppeR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 BD Coupe

I like my V's without the sport.
    Kyle_B likes this.

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by yaymitch View Post
    I can't believe there is so much confusion from supposed car enthusiasts. It's just like the A4, S4 and RS4 that Audi produces. The Germans have been doing this for years and their buyers don't seem ultra confused about this. There is only one V. There is only one V-Sport. Why is this soooo confusing?
    Yeah I don't know either. I mean audi even does "s-line" which just has the look fast bits but not actually go fast bits. BMW has m badging on non-m cars and MB you can always get amg rims.

Va72mlibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    The car manufacturers want the confusion. People buy the S-Line (or Vsport) when they don't want or can't afford the actual performance variant, but want the "cool" version.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

There's more confusion now because this Vsport thing is new and the V3 doesn't exist yet. When the Vsport gets comparison-tested with Audi S and BMW non-M, the press will explain the Vsport's positioning and some confusion will fade; when Vsport and V2 are sold side-by-side in dealer showrooms it'll be a little clearer; when the V3 is announced more people will get clued in; and when V3 gets its mettle tested against RS and M and AMG, all but the terminally foggy will get it.

Not to say all CTS-V owners will ever be happy about it...

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Cadillac could have just kept with the CTS-Sport without the V moniker, but from a stand point of marketing, this was a brilliant move calling it a V-Sport. It will definitely be a great selling point and I believe will have added value for the V-Series.

Honestly I was afraid that we had lost the V-Series to the new V-Sport when it was introduced, but I am no longer concerned as the 2014 CTS-V is alive and well. I just hope I won't be disappointed with the looks of the 2015 V3. Hopefully there will be enough differences in the body lines between the new CTS and the V3 to make the V-Series the most recognized and desired model over and above all other competitors.

hoontang is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V Wagon OBM 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by yaymitch View Post
    I think the sports division badging is very confusing. Audi, BMW, and Mercedes do all play a little fast and loose at times with the naming and badging, but I would argue that their sports divisions are signifcantly older and more well-known than the relatively young CTS-V variants.

I would guess that most people who are casual fans of cars do not think of Cadillac in terms of performance, and may not be as familiar with what "CTS-V" means.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

People who don't know what the CTS-V is after more than five years of OMG-a-556hp-Cadillac reviews are not in the market for a high-performance sedan.

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    People who don't know what the CTS-V is after more than five years of OMG-a-556hp-Cadillac reviews are not in the market for a high-performance sedan.
    True, however if you try to google American performance/sports cars or any combination, you won't come up with Cadillac. If you add luxury to the query you get the Imports. So your statement is true to some degree, but most people still don't associate Cadillac with performance. That's why I think the new V-Sport will give additional credence to the V-Series.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.