Good deal?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By RaVeNous
  • 2 Post By PNBLWZD
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Good deal? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I've been shopping for a nice used V for the past few months, and morose since the beginning of June ...
    PNBLWZD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Black Diamond Sedan, 09 CTS-V (sold), STS-V (sold)

Good deal?

I've been shopping for a nice used V for the past few months, and morose since the beginning of June when I sold my STS-V. I was mainly looking for a 2011+ near Los Angeles in the mid $40k range with low miles with a decent amount of factory warrantee remaining or CPO, but nothing has surfaced yet. A couple weeks ago a friend told me about a friend with a 2009 V sedan in the LA area for sale, which I went to see today. Car is really nice, garage kept by car guy, 2nd owner, no door dings or scratches, 23k miles, silver, Recaros, pano roof, suede wheel/shifter, high polish wheels, navi, and new PS2 tires. Only thing missing is the wood trim kit, which I'm not sure was even an option at the time. It drives nice and smooth and seems tight with no rattles, but it went out of warrantee in Feb which is a little concerning as that's one of the reasons I sold my other V to get something with a warrantee. I can get 0 deductible 6/60 warrantee through my credit union for $1500, or just chance it and not have one. He started off at $45k, and after showing him the car books for $38-42k we negotiated down to $41k. I would of course prefer to get it closer to the lower end of the scale, but he didn't go for that and since the car looks to have had a pretty easy life I can't blame him. Decent deal or keep looking?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

IBMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe

Re: Good deal?

After searching near daily since Oct, here's my 2¢ to do with what you will. What I would consider a "good deal" on an 11 with Recaros and between 20-30k miles would be in the $45-$46k range. I haven't been looking for anything older than an 11, so I can't speak to a 9-10, but there is no way I'd pay $41 for an 09, no matter HOW nice it was. For less than $5k more you can get one 2 years newer with the same mileage (less if you don't want Recaros).

From reading the boards, these cars are pretty bulletproof and hold up well. But if $1500 is worth your piece of mind, get the warranty.

----------

Just a few I found in a quick search

11 - 22k miles $44k https://usedcars.truecar.com/car/Cad...DV5EP6B0149850

11 - 30k w/ Recaros - $45k https://usedcars.truecar.com/car/Cad...DV1EPXB0128315

11 - 23.6k miles - $46 https://usedcars.truecar.com/car/Cad...DV5EP6B0118839

11 - 24k miles Recaros - $45k http://www.getauto.com/2011/cadillac...tails_51868891

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Yep - maybe for 38k.

I would suggest that unless you find a low mileage 2009-2010 for 35k or so, I would look into 2011+ with a warranty in the 40-46k range. They are out there.
    IBMike likes this.

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

You are not going to get a low mileage 09-10 for 35K with all the options you want unless the guy needs to get quick cash to pay a drug debt or something. Carmax will give you more than that. $40K perhaps might be realistic. If its not CPO go buy a GM Platinum warranty.

For mid 30k range an 09 will have a LOT of miles, in fact there's one for sale like that right now but I wouldn't touch it. Based on what I've been able to find here in so cal over the past few months, this one at 41k doesn't seem unreasonable, especially when I have seen newer V's with same or less miles for sale in worse condition for more. Ive seen some better deals thousands of miles away, but not really interested in traveling out of state to hunt down a little better deal as I don't have time for that. This one is close by, ultra clean, has almost $2000 in new ps2 tires, high options, and decent miles. Sure I'd like a newer one for cheaper, but they don't have a used car factory unfortunately
    Tedboss1 and IBMike like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PNBLWZD View Post
    For mid 30k range an 09 will have a LOT of miles, in fact there's one for sale like that right now but I wouldn't touch it. Based on what I've been able to find here in so cal over the past few months, this one at 41k doesn't seem unreasonable, especially when I have seen newer V's with same or less miles for sale in worse condition for more. Ive seen some better deals thousands of miles away, but not really interested in traveling out of state to hunt down a little better deal as I don't have time for that. This one is close by, ultra clean, has almost $2000 in new ps2 tires, high options, and decent miles. Sure I'd like a newer one for cheaper, but they don't have a used car factory unfortunately
    If you don't want to wait or travel and this car meets your needs, I say go for it!

DPL
    DPL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Go for it. Its a fair deal. I look at it this way, the more you wait the more you are actually paying for not driving this car. YOLO

I went ahead and bought this car today, and am very happy with it so far. I inspected it all over, including putting it up on a rack, and it looks new even underneath. I was a little nervous getting an 09 at first, but condition/mileage/price all seem to be a great fit. Feel a little self conscious driving something this nice and bright silver, but will get used to it I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by PNBLWZD View Post
    I went ahead and bought this car today, and am very happy with it so far. I inspected it all over, including putting it up on a rack, and it looks new even underneath. I was a little nervous getting an 09 at first, but condition/mileage/price all seem to be a great fit. Feel a little self conscious driving something this nice and bright silver, but will get used to it I'm sure.
    Congrats!! Have fun with it!

I too FINALLY got one, after 10 months of looking. Now I just gotta get through my last 3 weeks here so I can get home to it!

Karch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 TG sedan, 6A,LPE 650, and a few more mods.

Congrats. What part of town are you in?

West Culver City, near the end of the 90 Marina Freeway.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.