CTS V Sedan and Coupe - Rattles Creaks and Other Noises - Do Your Cars Have Them? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS V Sedan and Coupe - Rattles Creaks and Other Noises - Do Your Cars Have Them? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; 18K miles. No sunroof. And more importantly, no recalled glove box. No creaks, rattles or squeaks. So who here has ...
    Club Malibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, White, Manual, Bone stock, no sun-roof

Re: CTS V Sedan and Coupe - Rattles Creaks and Other Noises - Do Your Cars Have Them?

18K miles. No sunroof. And more importantly, no recalled glove box.

No creaks, rattles or squeaks.

So who here has a 2009 or 2010 that had the glove box replaced and now has center console squeaks?????????

caddyhills is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: CTS V Sedan and Coupe - Rattles Creaks and Other Noises - Do Your Cars Have Them?

Thank you everyone for your responses, I really appreciate all of the valuable input. What a great forum!

Yes it is an amazing car and even with the new 2014CTS coming around the corner - my attention still gets taken to the current V/ V Coupe - just seems edgier and more driver focused/dynamic - of course won't really know that until the new car is out in the field so to speak. Just my perception.

Eric-

I have been eyeing n XFR too - but the V at the end of the day still as an edgier look to it - can't quite put my finger on it - the XFR is really nice - maybe nicer material/ finish choices with the interior, but 8/10ths - 9/10ths on the exterior compared to the V.

Again thanks for the responses!

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

Quote Originally Posted by Club Malibu View Post
    18K miles. No sunroof. And more importantly, no recalled glove box.

No creaks, rattles or squeaks.

So who here has a 2009 or 2010 that had the glove box replaced and now has center console squeaks?????????
    The dealer slipped the glove-box mod. by me during a service visit, without asking me first. But that was over a year ago, and so far no noises or rattles ...

Rob
    Club Malibu likes this.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by RapidRob

The dealer slipped the glove-box mod. by me during a service visit, without asking me first.

Rob
    On recalls, do they have to? I'm not sure.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

The XFR is a very nice car. The interior is quintissentially British -- anybody else mixes that much chrome and wood and it looks tacky, but somehow the Brits pull it off.

The exterior is elegant and purposeful. I really miss the low roof of classic Jags, but the newer cats still have expensive-car proportions. The thing of it is that its styling elements are on the front end of popular trends. You'll see bits of this on everything from Astons to Infinitis, even Fords and Kias. In another ten years, it'll probably still look contemporary, but it might not look bold or distinctive.

The Cadillac, on the other hand, doesn't now and never will look like anything else. It might look dated in a decade, or even weird, but it won't be anonymous. Some people would say that's a bad thing; others love the idea.

.Jinx
    neuronbob, RapidRob and shchow like this.

embassured is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

CaddyHills,
    The XFR is such a beautiful machine and the interior, IMO, rivals Aston. The only reason I've got my eye on one is because the expense of repairs, maintenance and resale value have faded since my STR. Just remember - rotors $1,000 per axle, torque converter $3,500, and oil changes at $100+ a pop. Another point of delineation; I tried to sell my STR for trade-in value for 3 months whereas I sold my V1 in 48 hours. Once you get past the factory warranty - there's almost a zero resale market unless you sell it well below any listed value. If you drive it to the wheels come off - good luck. In my town there's one Jag dealer and non-oem part support is nill and oem part prices are well protected through dealer channels.

BTW, glad I wrote this post - I think I'll hang on the V2 for a while longer!

Best,
    Eric
    IBMike likes this.

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

Quote Originally Posted by Trapspeed View Post
    On recalls, do they have to? I'm not sure.
    I guess not - when I asked the SA about it, he said that the procedure was mandatory.

Rob

NEPA_Z is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 69 ELD, 72 CDV, 77 Sev, 89 Brg, 92 SDV, 94 FWB, 02 STS, 10 V

* This poster would like to express regret though not outright apology for any emotional anguish caused by his lack
    of proper paragraphing... for some reason the editor wouldn't switch modes for me last night. Still, it's not exactly right up there with, say, third-world hunger or testicular cancer.

With apologies to Monty Python, those responsible have been sacked...

sykb47l is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe

Passenger seat makes a ticking sound without a passenger. (can only hear without the radio on)

Dash rattles slightly when I park in the sun. (hardly ever park in the sun)

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

The newer Cadillacs are not any worse than any other cars I've owned or spent any significant time in. My v2 is on par with other car in that class. Every car rattles.

warmwater is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2013 ctsv coupe with 6k my only creak is the center console and it sounds like NEPA_Z has a fix or the dealer might have a fix. I just try not to touch it or lean on it.
    I do notice some wind noise on the driver side not sure if its the seals or mirror, but it is only at highway speeds not sure if it's all the time or just with a cross wind. Only had the V 1 month and a bit.
    Oh I have no sunroof and I do not miss it, I think the car looks better without it.

I do not like the piano black trim on the console would like a carbon fiber option or brushed or metal pattern like on BMW

OEM's and Manufacture should do more testing of plastics for noises in different temps or use other materials.

I think the CTS-V is a great ride and a great buy.
    IBMike likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by warmwater View Post
    2013 ctsv coupe with 6k my only creak is the center console and it sounds like NEPA_Z has a fix or the dealer might have a fix. I just try not to touch it or lean on it.
    I do notice some wind noise on the driver side not sure if its the seals or mirror, but it is only at highway speeds not sure if it's all the time or just with a cross wind. Only had the V 1 month and a bit.
    Oh I have no sunroof and I do not miss it, I think the car looks better without it.

I do not like the piano black trim on the console would like a carbon fiber option or brushed or metal pattern like on BMW

OEM's and Manufacture should do more testing of plastics for noises in different temps or use other materials.

I think the CTS-V is a great ride and a great buy.
    Hello warmwater,

I am happy to hear you think the CTS-V was a great buy and is a great ride. I see you are having an issue with the center console. Are you planning on bringing your vehicle into a dealership to work towards a resolution on this issue? Please let me know. I can also be contacted via private message if you would further like to discuss any concerns you may have.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

warmwater is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Laura,

Thank you for responding, I am shocked and I think it's awesome that Cadillac looks at the forums and hopefully can be used for better customer service and feedback to product management and engineering.

Yes if its a know issue and can be resolved I'll have Sewell Cadillac get it fixed.

What I don't want is a minor creak to turn into a major one after service.

Thank you so much

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by warmwater View Post
    Laura,

Thank you for responding, I am shocked and I think it's awesome that Cadillac looks at the forums and hopefully can be used for better customer service and feedback to product management and engineering.

Yes if its a know issue and can be resolved I'll have Sewell Cadillac get it fixed.

What I don't want is a minor creak to turn into a major one after service.

Thank you so much
    Hi warmwater,

You are very welcome! I am glad to hear you think it's awesome we are engaged on these forums We are here to help! I see you are willing to work with the dealer if it can be resolved. Please be sure to keep us updated on the outcome and status.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

edtallon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 cts'v sedan

I own a 2011 cts-v sedan with 12,000 miles on the odometer.
    NO rattles or creaks or any other noises. Solid as a rock, Never had to take it to a dealer for any reason with the exception of a weak battery which was replaced under warranty,

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.