LT1 engine in '15 CTS-V? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, LT1 engine in '15 CTS-V? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Time will tell. I hope to see a V3. But.... 1. Audi "A4 S line" vs. "Audi S4" BMW "550 ...
    Looney100 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: LT1 engine in '15 CTS-V?

Time will tell. I hope to see a V3. But....

Audi "A4 S line" vs. "Audi S4"
    BMW "550 M sport" vs. BMW "M5"
    Cadillac "CTS-V" vs. "CTS V-sport"
    You must admit that the Cadillac names are more similarly and confusing than the others. There are many on this enthusiasts forum that have been confused.

2. If the marketplace saw a CTS -V as a similar value as an M5 or E63, there wouldn't be a $27K gap between their starting prices. Cadillac can't match prices with them.

3. I'll agree that the CTS-V is widely seen as a success while the IS-F will wallow in obscurity.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

It would make more sense to me for a V3 to get special direct injection awd twin turbo V6platform, because I can't imagine a twin turbo or supercharged version of the new LT-1 is going to net a lot more power than the LSA and keep the price anywhere reasonable. They would be better off adding AWD, to a tuned version of the v-sport, because 700hp in a blown LT-1is still not taking the V3 deep into 3's of 0-60 times on street tires. The new Benz and Audi are in the 3.5-3.7 range already. In order for the V3 to be as ground breaking as the V1 it must be in that range. Whatever the case, I'm sure the V3 will be bad ass and $$$.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

1. A few have been confused. Most have just been butthurt.
    2. We're talking about V3. Past performance does not always indicate future results. After all, V2 wasn't the same as V1. Also, I bet used prices of V2 close that proportionate gap against its German contemporaries.

----------

Bmw m5, 3.7 0-60.

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    1. A few have been confused. Most have just been butthurt.
    2. We're talking about V3. Past performance does not always indicate future results. After all, V2 wasn't the same as V1. Also, I bet used prices of V2 close that proportionate gap against its German contemporaries.

----------

Bmw m5, 3.7 0-60.
    You might want to include "A few have been confused..." to include the salesmen and service folks at the Cadillac dealership as well. Some of the ones I talked to didn't know about the VSport...they are thinking sport only without the V and the saying there is only one V - the V series. So there will be more than a few that will be confused over the next several months until launch.

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

Quote Originally Posted by LSUFoolsball View Post
    The new CTS-V is called the VSport it going to have a Twin Turbo V6 450HP
    This is a perfect example of the confusion that can be caused by using the term "V-Sport"! (and I believe the TT 3.6 will be rated at 420 HP.)

...and lest we forget the original LT-1, which was a higher compression, solid lifter high-performance variant of the 350 which produced horsepower ratings from 370 bhp when it was introduced in the '70 'Vette (and 360 in the 70 1/2 Z/28) to 255 net HP with a 9:1 compression by the time it was phased out after the 1972 MY.

Best regards,

Elie

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    I'm holding out for your average country club lizard that buys a V3 thinking that it's a V Sport, floors it and loses control of the car and his sorry fat ass. Great marketing GM.

Jud
    Jud

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    I'm holding out for your average country club lizard that buys a V3 thinking that it's a V Sport, floors it and loses control of the car and his sorry fat ass. Great marketing GM.

Jud
    LOL!

...but that scenario ain't gonna happen.

The lizard (who thinks he's driving a V-Sport), will never get his sorry fat ass in trouble because he won't have a clue as to how to turn all the nannies off!!

He'll be so limited, controlled and dialed back, the car just plain won't ever let him get sideways - unless he figures out which buttons to press, for how long and in what sequence!
    ...and don't ever tell him about the no-lift shift!

IMHO, this marketing ploy just does nothing to preserve the equity GM has done such a great job with in building the V brand since 2005.

Best regards,

Elie

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by garfin

IMHO, this marketing ploy just does nothing to preserve the equity GM has done such a great job with in building the V brand since 2005.

Best regards,

Elie
    That's the bottom line. GM don't screw up what you've done.

Jud
    Jud

Here's a great overview of where Chevy sees the new LT1 in the overall scheme of things. There are a few realistic hints in this interview that could easily be applicable to a V3... and these hints are coming from James Bell who is Chevy's head of Consumer Affairs.
    http://www.lsxtv.com/features/interv...mes-bell/?utm_

Best regards,

Elie

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Please stop posting links to lsxtv.com articles. I always go there and start reading the article with the linking thread in mind, but about halfway down I completely forget why I'm there.

shchow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V; 2010 Escalade ESV
    Quote Originally Posted by Looney100
    And there may never be a V3. I'm doubtful because:

1) The V-sport monicker dilutes the value of the "V" branding and makes it confusing. They can't sell a CTS-V alongside a V-Sport without confusing the hell out of customers.

2) The pricing announced for the V-Sport of a $59K base price puts it too close to the current V pricing. If they try and slot another model above the V-Sport, you're looking at an $80 - 90K car, which is getting awfully close to M5 and E63 territory, and I don't think the marketplace will support that.

3)What caddy has done with the V looks eerily similar to what Lexus did with the IS-F (which has been killed off): They launched a next gen chassis, but kept the IS-F for another year on the old chassis, while creating a bunch of "F-Sport" models without the power of the IS-F, then killed the IS-F.
    2) I suspect the V3 will have a 10k premium over the V2, which translates to around 80k LOADED.
    M5 and E63 loaded are easily pushing over 100k.
    That is not the same fiscal territory.
    Even if the V3 ends up being 10k less than its German rivals loaded, it would still be a great buy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.