Stock CTS-V vs Mustang 5.0 Miami Street Racing
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Stock CTS-V vs Mustang 5.0 Miami Street Racing in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; From Our Monday night meet http://www.jdmtube.com/video/815/CTS...-Street-Racing iPHone iPad Mobile Version (Loads Faster) http://www.jdmtube.com/ipodvideo/815.mp4 CRX CTS-V 1.jpg...
    JDMtube is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Driver

Stock CTS-V vs Mustang 5.0 Miami Street Racing

From Our Monday night meet
    http://www.jdmtube.com/video/815/CTS...-Street-Racing

iPHone iPad Mobile Version (Loads Faster)
    http://www.jdmtube.com/ipodvideo/815.mp4
    CRX CTS-V 1.jpg
    Gary Wells and Wannago like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DCV
    DCV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV bone stock

Re: Stock CTS-V vs Mustang 5.0 Miami Street Racing

You are idiots and tools, till you kill somebody or die as well. Go to a real track. In the video I see headlights coming the other way...real smart. Given that wildlife is in the area as well that can also make you crash.

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I don't think there are headlights just white road signs reflecting off the headlights.
    With that said its still stupid. Too many risks.

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Street racing has it's risks and rewards...but only to the involved drivers. I will admit I grew up in a time when street racing on rural roads during daylight hours was quite common. Even today, it is hard to resist when challenged....but the thought of license suspension - probably jail time - and insurance cancellation when caught is a very big deterrent and is a distant second to the thought of injury or death to someone else if something goes wrong. I know the OP had some fun that night, but this forum isn't the best place to post street racing kills. JMHO.

cruiser68 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

Yeah, I guess I way really young and really stupid at one time too. Funny, one you spend time on the track or road course, you really don't like racing in traffic with morons.

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by pat2t2f View Post
    I don't think there are headlights just white road signs reflecting off the headlights.
    If that's the case, why did the Mustang change lanes and get behind the Caddy?

I seriously had to at the end...the last time we get to see it stock? The Fed Ex man is on his way?

Really? Mail-order mods are the ticket??

Holy sh*t...I hope I can get tickets to the next race!

Blakester is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 cts-v wagon
    Well, i'm still tempted on street, track is the place for racing. Today, the risks and penalties are very high. A fast Gardian angel has saved my A-- many times in my youth.

JDMtube is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Driver

Sorry about the street racing, it's not for everyone. (this spot is a 45 minute drive from civilization) We go to the track 4 times a month as well. We were at the CTS-V track rental down in West Palm two months ago @ 275 Dollars. Not trying to save money by street racing here. I'll bring you guys some of the track footage as soon as possible...... We do our own work so we order the parts. No need to pay the middle man, gotta save money somewhere.

The car at the end of the track is a lookout car, We've been doing this for a very, very long time. Regardless, no more street videos on this site.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Street racing is not smart, but the groups who pick a deserted street and manage traffic aren't in the same league with the spontaneous d!ck-measurers and don't deserve the same level of abject hatred.

That said, watching a video of other people street-racing, especially relatively stock recent-vintage cars where bench racing accurately predicts the outcome with high probability, is about as exciting as seeing other people's vacation photos.
    Luna. and MacBuster like this.

SilverrV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    That said, watching a video of other people street-racing, especially relatively stock recent-vintage cars where bench racing accurately predicts the outcome with high probability, is about as exciting as seeing other people's vacation photos.
    very true

ClarkkentCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Thunder gray CTS V

LSUFoolsball is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Sedan All options

Drag slicks help alot cause I smoke 5.0's all day in my V2.

Trainman SRT-10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V Coupe, 6M

Here's how it's done legally, the other night I challenged a new 2014 GT500 (662hp) with my 2012 CTS V Coupe (Airaid CAI, tune, street tires, 6 speed manual) , it was still 98 degrees at 10pm (DA 3500'), so the times weren't great, but nobody was running that good. My 12.63 (116.23) beat his 12.69 (116.59).....and my .002 RT to his .304 RT made the winning margin about 3 car lengths. Enjoy

http://youtu.be/SVEwQbBmSGo
    Bubba Ho-Tep likes this.

HUGN*RDS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 V

Nice vid, I wish we had some road stretches around here like that. I compliment the watchout guy, too.

Quote Originally Posted by pat2t2f View Post
    With that said its still stupid. Too many risks.
    Does that mean driving my motorcycle shouldn't be done, because there are too many risks? Apples to oranges but they're both very risky.

Street racing is not smart, but the groups who pick a deserted street and manage traffic aren't in the same league with the spontaneous d!ck-measurers and don't deserve the same level of abject hatred.
    I agree

You're feeding the "stupidity" by even watching and commenting on it. I will make sure I post my race videos for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainman SRT-10 View Post
    Here's how it's done legally, the other night I challenged a new 2014 GT500 (662hp) with my 2012 CTS V Coupe (Airaid CAI, tune, street tires, 6 speed manual) , it was still 98 degrees at 10pm (DA 3500'), so the times weren't great, but nobody was running that good. My 12.63 (116.23) beat his 12.69 (116.59).....and my .002 RT to his .304 RT made the winning margin about 3 car lengths. Enjoy

http://youtu.be/SVEwQbBmSGo
    that's some good stuff
    who told their momma about this thread??? dude wildlife is the same peril on a motorcycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by DCV View Post
    You are idiots and tools, till you kill somebody or die as well. Go to a real track. In the video I see headlights coming the other way...real smart. Given that wildlife is in the area as well that can also make you crash.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Quote Originally Posted by HUGN*RDS View Post
    You're feeding the "stupidity" by even watching and commenting on it. I will make sure I post my race videos for you.
    There's a word for someone who interprets negative feedback as encouragement. Post your videos only if you think there are people who are interested.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.