Cool way to protect the V from the kids
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Cool way to protect the V from the kids in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I'm always looking for ways to protect the V from the kids basketballs and stuff without being Mr. scrooge and ...
    flatrockguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Raven V Sedan, M6, Graphite Rims, Yellow Brembos

Cool way to protect the V from the kids

I'm always looking for ways to protect the V from the kids basketballs and stuff without being Mr. scrooge and finally found the answer. This is actually designed to hit baseballs and golf balls into without any reflex but works great to keep basketballs and stuff from hitting the car. This enables me to keep the garage door open and still have the kids playing. It also protects my garage door from getting dented. This is more for the other kids not mine because they know how anal I am and they respect our cars. It connects via quick connect clips and takes about 1 minute to put up or take down and you can also close the door with it installed. It also keeps the kids from running in and out of the garage. You just unclip two of the clips and you can walk in and out as needed. Now if I can only stop the balls from destroying the wifes flowers Here is the link if interested.http://www.hittingworld.com/HIT_IT_G..._p/hti-spn.htm
    GMX322V S/C likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels
    Nice fix. Looks good. Wait til your kids start hitting baseballs into the screen on purpose. Then you'll really hope you installed it well.

Re: Cool way to protect the V from the kids

Ya, I guess I should have been more specific with the builder

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Great idea and I may purchase one. However, I'm more worried about my son scratching my car with his bike and scooter as they are stored in the garage with my V wagon. He's already put two significant scratches in my beautiful OBM paint. He's only seven and always in a hurry to get his bike out, and scratches the car too easily. I ended up buying a Cadillac cover for the wagon on eBay to use on the days I am driving my S2000 instead of the wagon.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels
    Oh God. The things I have to worry about as my two month old gets older.
    neuronbob and Faith76 like this.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob
    Great idea and I may purchase one. However, I'm more worried about my son scratching my car with his bike and scooter as they are stored in the garage with my V wagon.
    My buddy has a black Gallardo and I often wonder how he does this, too. His kids are not push button trained either.

I store all the kids bikes (ages 6,9,11) hanging from the ceiling, so I have to get them down and then they keep them outside until evening then I hang them back up. My kids are well trained as far as the cars go, they know not to touch them or get close to them. I was brought up to take care of everything, no matter what the value, so I have instilled the same values in my kids. I just wish all their friends were taught the same.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    True that, my friend.

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I bought a shed for my kids bikes and scooters. That's their garage. My v wagon lives alone.

I would love a shed but our community does not allow it.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Glad I don't have kids. They scratch my car, I break a toy. Cause and effect.
    ben.gators likes this.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    Funny , but nah.

The day after returning from our 4k mile road trip, my son, super-excited about riding his brand-new birthday bike for the first time in 10 days, puts a DEEP six-inch scratch, not quite to primer, but deep enough for my fingernail to catch on it, right on my driver's side front door. He felt so bad when he saw my face that he cried. All I could do was hug him. What was I going to do, yell at him at that point?

To make me feel better, he showed me his scratched up dump truck and he told me: "see daddy, my truck has scratchies on it too."

How could I stay mad at the little guy for more than a few seconds? He learned his lesson and he's super-careful around my car now.

Trust me, when you have kids, you'll understand.

And then you'll do things like buy a car cover or a batting net for your garage.

vfaninva is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post

Funny , but nah.

The day after returning from our 4k mile road trip, my son, super-excited about riding his brand-new birthday bike for the first time in 10 days, puts a DEEP six-inch scratch, not quite to primer, but deep enough for my fingernail to catch on it, right on my driver's side front door. He felt so bad when he saw my face that he cried. All I could do was hug him. What was I going to do, yell at him at that point?

To make me feel better, he showed me his scratched up dump truck and he told me: "see daddy, my truck has scratchies on it too."

How could I stay mad at the little guy for more than a few seconds? He learned his lesson and he's super-careful around my car now.

And then you'll do things like buy a car cover or a batting net for your garage.
    Bob you got that right. I really like my car but I love my kids!

hoontang is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V Wagon OBM 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    Funny , but nah.

Awww! This is such a common thing with kids, but once you see how sorry they are, it melts your heart. My two young boys, under age 4, have both put some scratchs and dents into our cars, but in the end, its just a car. These are the same dings and scratches that one gets from daily driving with gravel, pebbles, parking lots etc.

These are cars, meant for driving - enjoy them!!

cdog533 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    I don't have kids either. But, at my house, it would be more like "They scratch my car, I cut off one of their fingers."

Maybe not that extreme, but they DO need to learn to respect property at an early age, especially cars. Nothing pisses me off more than some little snotnose touching my car in a parking lot because his dad didn't raise him right.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.