Cool way to protect the V from the kids - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Cool way to protect the V from the kids in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I get it. As I said, I don't have kids, but I dated a woman with a child for a ...
    RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Re: Cool way to protect the V from the kids

I get it. As I said, I don't have kids, but I dated a woman with a child for a long period of time, and I also have several friends with young children.

Much of my reaction as you pointed out, depends on the reaction of the child. However; I would not be able to hide my anger, nor do I think that punishment would be out of the question. But no, you don't freak out and act like a crazy person and make a child scared of you. I've just dealt with a lot of children who have no respect for their own things, and therefore have no respect for other people's things either. THAT is a problem. Sounds like your kid knew that he scratched your favorite toy! He was sorry for it, not much else you can do. No if it happens again, or a third time, that is a totally different story...
    neuronbob likes this.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    I get it. As I said, I don't have kids, but I dated a woman with a child for a long period of time, and I also have several friends with young children.

Much of my reaction as you pointed out, depends on the reaction of the child. However; I would not be able to hide my anger, nor do I think that punishment would be out of the question. But no, you don't freak out and act like a crazy person and make a child scared of you. I've just dealt with a lot of children who have no respect for their own things, and therefore have no respect for other people's things either. THAT is a problem. Sounds like your kid knew that he scratched your favorite toy! He was sorry for it, not much else you can do. No if it happens again, or a third time, that is a totally different story...
    It's all good and I agree. There are a lot of kids who just don't GAF about others' property and I have a problem with that. Thankfully, my little guy understands clearly.

I take him to Cars and Coffee here in Cleveland on a regular basis and he knows that the number one rule is: "NO TOUCHIES." Thankfully, he is more interested in playing on the grass or with his iPad than in touching the shiny cars nowadays. He can also point out a Porsche Carrera GT (we have one that comes out on a regular basis) or a Corvette. Smart kid!

MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    Funny , but nah.

The day after returning from our 4k mile road trip, my son, super-excited about riding his brand-new birthday bike for the first time in 10 days, puts a DEEP six-inch scratch, not quite to primer, but deep enough for my fingernail to catch on it, right on my driver's side front door. He felt so bad when he saw my face that he cried. All I could do was hug him. What was I going to do, yell at him at that point?

To make me feel better, he showed me his scratched up dump truck and he told me: "see daddy, my truck has scratchies on it too."

How could I stay mad at the little guy for more than a few seconds? He learned his lesson and he's super-careful around my car now.

Trust me, when you have kids, you'll understand.

And then you'll do things like buy a car cover or a batting net for your garage.
    You're a good dad. I've scratched many cars, many times. None of those scratches make me feel as bad as I do when my 4 year old thinks I'm mad at her. We don't get angry in our house over true accidents, or spills or whatever. Kids minds are more important than car doors. Kids need to be disciplined sometimes, but I'm of the opinion that it needs to be calm and firm vs angry. I rarely discipline my kids in an angry manner.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.