New 2012 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, New 2012 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; That's a pretty one, too. Nice....
    Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    That's a pretty one, too. Nice.

IBMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe

Re: New 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Streethawk View Post
    I have been looking but can't find a single deal. You guys have posted great deals here, can someone find me deals on a "sedan, manual, Recaro, yellow calipers, black raven" but any color is fine. I am looking for the cheapest one I can get, year does not matter either.
    All the major sales sites have the ability to filter. Once you set up a filter, most will email you new cars that meet your specs, and you can save the link to come back and search regularly. I search 10 sites daily, waiting on the car I want for the right price. They're out there.

Bridgette2013 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V SEDAN
    Quote Originally Posted by GM-4-LIFE

It's all in the art of negotiation. I inquired with a bunch of dealers out here in So Cal until I got a few of them to the pricing I was willing to pay. It all came down to which dealer had the car or could get the car of my choice. All in all, my lease payment is very low for how much the car costs.
    Leases are a totally different animal. When it comes to prices, in he end, for lease, is the residual value they get you on when it's one to return the car. From my experiences......js

GM-4-LIFE is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

Yes the payment is usually determined by the residual value, however the money factor or interest rate also plays a role. On the V, the residual value is good and the rebates play a great role in the cap cost reduction. There were great rebates on the car when I got mine. I think right now they got even better as of July 2nd.

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by GM-4-LIFE View Post
    Yes the payment is usually determined by the residual value, however the money factor or interest rate also plays a role. On the V, the residual value is good and the rebates play a great role in the cap cost reduction. There were great rebates on the car when I got mine. I think right now they got even better as of July 2nd.
    I have leased 7 cars and can state with certainty that these are the only factors that affect your payment:

1. Agreed upon price of the vehicle (also known as cap cost)
    2. Money factor. This is really the interest rate although the lease companies don't refer to it as such and are not required to disclose it anywhere unless you ask!
    3. Residual percentage. This is based on MSRP and not cap cost
    4. Lease term. That is, how long will you keep the car.

Obviously #4 is your choice, but the residual percentage changes based on this.

You can only negotiate for item #1. That's it. You can't negotiate money factor or residual as they are set by the leasing company. The lower the price of the car, the lower the lease payment.

In addition, never, ever, pay your taxes up front or make a cap cost reduction out of your own pocket. If the car is lost, stolen, or destroyed you can kiss that money goodbye. The payments will be higher but you will not assume the risk of loss.

dcoleman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV sedan

I just signed the paperwork on a new 2012 v sedan in TN: Black Diamond, recaro seats, 6 speed manual, and yellow calipers. 56,000. My local dealers wouldnt deal. I fly there thursday and get my vechicle. so some deals are still out there I have looked since march.

Bridgette2013 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V SEDAN
    Quote Originally Posted by GM-4-LIFE
    Congrats GM! I wish you the best!
    I was fortunate to land 1.9% for 5 yrs.

IBMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by dcoleman View Post
    I just signed the paperwork on a new 2012 v sedan in TN: Black Diamond, recaro seats, 6 speed manual, and yellow calipers. 56,000. My local dealers wouldnt deal. I fly there thursday and get my vechicle. so some deals are still out there I have looked since march.
    a/o 2 Jul there is $4,500 Dealer Cash available on in-stock 2012s, so they ought to be available for a good price, if you can find them! If anyone knows of a BD, recaro (saffron), 6A, yellow caliper coupe out there, let me know! Some great used deals out there, but a mid-50 or lower new 12 wouldn't be a bad deal either!

BusinessClass is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 white diamond cts v sedan

Today I picked up a 2012 new white diamond sedan A6, with recaro's and moon roof for $58k. They wouldn't
    budge on the $58k, but they did give me $55k for my 2012 cherokee srt8 that had 12,000 miles. The most other dealers had offered me for the cherokee was $49k plus the dealer was in my home town. Overall I am happy with the deal and that's all that matters to me. Looking forward to putting some miles on the beast and possibly some mods down the road.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by BusinessClass View Post
    Today I picked up a 2012 new white diamond sedan A6, with recaro's and moon roof for $58k. They wouldn't
    budge on the $58k, but they did give me $55k for my 2012 cherokee srt8 that had 12,000 miles. The most other dealers had offered me for the cherokee was $49k plus the dealer was in my home town. Overall I am happy with the deal and that's all that matters to me. Looking forward to putting some miles on the beast and possibly some mods down the road.
    Hello BusinessClass,

Congratulations on your new CTS-V and welcome to the forums! Sounds like you got a good deal. We would love to see some pictures if you get a chance. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your vehicle, please feel free to reach out to Laura or myself on this forum or at socialmedia@gm.com. Thank you very much for your time and I hope you are enjoying your new vehicle!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.