Used Cadillac CTS-V Wagons flooding the market
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Used Cadillac CTS-V Wagons flooding the market in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Does anyone know why there are so many Used CTS-V wagons on the market right now with such low mileage? ...
    Fieldgoal00 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Exclamation Used Cadillac CTS-V Wagons flooding the market

Does anyone know why there are so many Used CTS-V wagons on the market right now with such low mileage? I've seen about 10 so far that all have less than 15,000 miles and actually a few that have less than 8000 miles and are 2012 models. I'm looking at these to buy, but with all of these being so low mileage and already on the used market, it brings up a red flag. Can you guys calm me down and help me lower the red flag?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

neuronbob is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: Used Cadillac CTS-V Wagons flooding the market

They are probably GM program vehicles. They are usually well cared for and driven by executives, or occasionally by other employees.

Don't worry about them, they are under warranty. I considered buying one but the one I wanted was snapped up in a hurry, so I ended up just buying new.

I wouldn't call 10 or so "flooding the market", LOL! V wagons are rare beasts, and 6MT ones even more so.

I was really interested in a 6MT one but the A6 transmissions can be tuned to shift very fast in manual mode, and since I do a lot of city driving the manual really would get tiring after a while. Yeah the one I'm looking at is a 2012 with 8,000 miles and they are only asking $50,000 for it. It has the recaros and black wheels with yellow calipers and the suede steering wheel option without a sunroof. Being 6'2 the sunroof takes up a lot of headroom.

Tgonyaw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 VAGON

I recommend doing a GM VISS report along with getting the service history. This is simple if the car is at a GM dealership. If not take the vin number to a friendly dealer. You want to be sure the warranty does not have a block on any part of it.

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    They are probably GM program vehicles. They are usually well cared for and driven by executives, or occasionally by other employees.

Don't worry about them, they are under warranty. I considered buying one but the one I wanted was snapped up in a hurry, so I ended up just buying new.

I wouldn't call 10 or so "flooding the market", LOL! V wagons are rare beasts, and 6MT ones even more so.
    Not all of them are for execs. Many of them get used by Journalists who have their way with ol bessie. I'm not saying they're all bad but it's something to consider. After all how much do you care about your rental cars ?

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by dennych View Post
    Not all of them are for execs. Many of them get used by Journalists who have their way with ol bessie. I'm not saying they're all bad but it's something to consider. After all how much do you care about your rental cars ?
    +1

All the cars in the R&T articles go somewhere. You also probably have quite a few lease turn-ins, and of course those cars that get damaged during production (ie VMoose) but the buyer backs out? Yeah, those cars wind up as "exec" vehicles too.

It's a gamble, but if you get a competitive price IMHO it's no more a gamble than buying any used car. How many guys here have "going back to stock" sales on the EE prior to trade-in?

Used cars are cheaper for several reasons - and the mileage is just part of it. With that said, I think the odds are in your favor of getting a quality vehicle.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Fieldgoal00 View Post
    Being 6'2 the sunroof takes up a lot of headroom.
    Are you sitting in the back seat when you drive? I only noticed rear headroom being limited. I'm pretty impressed with how much headroom I have up front...could definitely wear a helmet comfortably. With the sunroof shade retracted, you'd probably have more headroom than with no sunroof at all. For the first time in a car, I actually really like having a sunroof.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Not a new phenomenon. I first started seriously looking a few months ago and there were "a lot" of V wagons out there, new and used. I never found a manual with Recaros except one Mocha-painted car.

They could also be dealer demos -- I know the dealer I ordered my wagon from had an automatic when I first started my search, and that same wagon is still on his lot.

Of course the perception of "a lot" takes a dive when you're on a website that doesn't distinguish bodystyles and you have to go through pages of sedans to find a couple wagons. And just surf by price range and see how few CTS-Vs there are compared to other makes.

USAFRET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's

As long as you get the warranty and new tires who cares.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    Are you sitting in the back seat when you drive? I only noticed rear headroom being limited. I'm pretty impressed with how much headroom I have up front...could definitely wear a helmet comfortably. With the sunroof shade retracted, you'd probably have more headroom than with no sunroof at all. For the first time in a car, I actually really like having a sunroof.
    My V Wagon has no sunroof; my wife's CTS Wagon has the ultraview. I drive both regularly - there is easily 2 inches of additional headroom lost to the ultraview in the driving position. This is detectable not only while sitting, but by looking at the profile of the roof relative to the sunshades, windshield, etc.

I generally position the seat as low as it will go in the tracks, and in my car I have 2-3 inches of clearance (with the additional 3/4" coming from Recaros). In my wife's base car, my hair brushes the border of the sunroof. For reference, I'm 6-2, 235lb. I have a relatively long torso with a 35" waist.

That doesn't make the ultraview uncomfortable at all, it just means that if you're tall and/or bump your head with the ultraview, having no ultraview will give you the clearance you need. If you're a track rat - then that allows you to wear a helmet more comfortably.
    Chrispy likes this.

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

I found the exact same thing. I'm 6-1 and sitting in the backseat with the UV is brutal. Also in the front seat with a helmet you're basically tilting your head. Add to that the weight, creaking etc and no sunroof is definitely the better option for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post
    My V Wagon has no sunroof; my wife's CTS Wagon has the ultraview. I drive both regularly - there is easily 2 inches of additional headroom lost to the ultraview in the driving position. This is detectable not only while sitting, but by looking at the profile of the roof relative to the sunshades, windshield, etc.

I generally position the seat as low as it will go in the tracks, and in my car I have 2-3 inches of clearance (with the additional 3/4" coming from Recaros). In my wife's base car, my hair brushes the border of the sunroof. For reference, I'm 6-2, 235lb. I have a relatively long torso with a 35" waist.

That doesn't make the ultraview uncomfortable at all, it just means that if you're tall and/or bump your head with the ultraview, having no ultraview will give you the clearance you need. If you're a track rat - then that allows you to wear a helmet more comfortably.

Of course, the one I was looking at just got a deposit on it, two hours before I was going to test drive it and purchase it, now only to hope that the person that put down the deposit backs out for some reason.

DavidPR is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Sedan

I am 6'5" and I do not wear a helmet comfortably with a sunroof/sedan. Every autocross is a headbanging session. I wish I would have not gotten the sunroof.

opposite locker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '14 OBM Vagon 6mt

Are any of these used wagons with a 6mt? Having a helluva time finding one, so just ordered a new '14...wouldn't mind picking up a used one & canceling the order

the blur is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

6'5" with helmet doesn't work in these cars with UV.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.