Cadillac CUE, First try
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Cadillac CUE, First try in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Had the V in for her last warranty service last week. Great service at South Bay in LA, they nicely ...
    tswrod is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V ThunderGrey

Cadillac CUE, First try

Had the V in for her last warranty service last week. Great service at South Bay in LA, they nicely gave me a new SRX to drive as a loaner for four days. SRX drives great, quiet, nice inside...but that CUE system is the awful. Too hard to use and non-user friendly. Clunky inputs, hard to scroll, bluetooth is slow to switch over incoming calls, just awful - and there is NO excuse for it, it could be so nice. Makes me rethink getting a new V (assuming they put the V8 in next year). I am bummed, I really was looking forward to CUE.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Re: Cadillac CUE, First try

My V is in the shop too, because when they changed the oil last Friday they gouged the hell out of one of my wheels. They gave me an XTS loaner and I like CUE and all the neat gadgets, to be honest. But I am a tech nerd and that sort of thing appeals to me. No it's not perfect, but I found it pretty easy to use. I may have the car for another couple days, I'll keep playing with it.

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by tswrod View Post
    Had the V in for her last warranty service last week. Great service at South Bay in LA, they nicely gave me a new SRX to drive as a loaner for four days. SRX drives great, quiet, nice inside...but that CUE system is the awful. Too hard to use and non-user friendly. Clunky inputs, hard to scroll, bluetooth is slow to switch over incoming calls, just awful - and there is NO excuse for it, it could be so nice. Makes me rethink getting a new V (assuming they put the V8 in next year). I am bummed, I really was looking forward to CUE.
    Cue has issues with responsiveness and has an excess of touch functionality. I hope they bring back physical buttons like they did for the C7. A good mix of both. Another annoyance is that stupid touch capacitive crap underneath the screen.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels
    Have an SRX loaner now and CUE blows. The nav is just showing a compass that only displays N regardless of my direction. Won't map, won't navigate. POS

youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED
    I've had ATS, SRX, and XTS loaners the CUE update in the XTS made the experience night and day compared to the ATS and SRX it was very responsive like a smart phone. The navigation is killer, you can enter an address like you do in google maps and in major cities actual buildings are displayed, the compass means the nav disc was removed.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Experienced it in an ATS loaner. I was less than impressed with it.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Last winter when my CTS-V was in for service (was in a lot) I sat in a ATS Demo car in front of the dealer for about an hour and played around with the CUE and was listening to music. I thought the Sound system sounded horrible and I thought the CUE system was pretty bad. Give me the Command system in the Benz anyday over that and the sweet sound of the HK Logic 7 sound system.

AussiePete is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

I have an XTS loaner right now and have to say I find CUE pretty cool. Seems responsive enough, Navi is very cool compared to that in the V. Ford had the with highest warranty claim stats on new vehicles last year with 90% of them related to the Infotainment. Took them 12 months but they released a patch that fixed them all and everyone is happy. I would expect Cadillac to do the same.

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    Have an SRX loaner now and CUE blows. The nav is just showing a compass that only displays N regardless of my direction. Won't map, won't navigate. POS
    That sounds like an issue with that particular unit, not CUE in general. The one in my loaner XTS worked perfectly. I already got my V back but I played with CUE some more on the way back to the dealer. The only thing I had an issue with was the touch sensitive bars on the center stack, for radio volume or the home button or whatever. They were hit and miss, they didn't always register a touch.The screen registered every touch though, and it wasn't lightning fast but I wouldn't call it slow either. I thought it was pretty good overall. The nav was way better than the V's, and the backup camera was better too, with guides that moved when you turn the wheel so you can see where you're going to end up.

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

Just went through the same scenario with a 13 SRX loaner.

At first I loathed it. After a day of playing with it, I got to like it. A little. It has a lot of cool features, but is laggy, and having the screen all fingerprint'y is annoying. The DIC and steering wheel controls are very cool, loved that feature. Voice command actually knew what I was saying, the V never has a clue what I say, it's a useless feature.

Plusses and minuses. It wouldn't stop me from trading up if there is another V in the pipeline...

Frankly I'd much rather have a little slot where the screen is for my iPhone or iPad to attach. Then just give me an app that will control the car and I'll be far happier. Regardless of the not working Nav, the rest of CUE is more like PUE. It stinks like poo. It's not very intuitive and laggy electronics are a big pet peeve of mine. I much prefer the system in the V right now, even if it's considered ancient.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

FYI folks... the touch sensitive 'buttons' below the CUE screen are not to be touched on the silver bar
    the bar is not the touch point
    they are to be touched just above the bar where the ISO icon for the button is
    just like you would on a physical button... you touch right where the ISO icon is
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by tswrod View Post
    Hello tswrod,

I am glad to hear that you had a good service experience at your dealership. Is your vehicle working to your satisfaction now? Thank you for the feedback regarding the CUE, I will be sure to document this, as well as everyone else’s feedback and pass it along. If you, or anyone else in the thread, is experiencing a concern regarding their CUE, please private message us so Laura or I can look into your situation for you. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept
    FYI folks... the touch sensitive 'buttons' below the CUE screen are not to be touched on the silver bar
    the bar is not the touch point
    they are to be touched just above the bar where the ISO icon for the button is
    just like you would on a physical button... you touch right where the ISO icon is
    Sorry but if a button isn't intuitive, you've made a bad button. The fact people don't know where to touch or that the volume is a slider and not a tap button demonstrates engineering failure. Complicating something as simple as a button is stupidity.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)
    No need to apologize to me. I'm not the guy who designed it. Personally I have no problems learning how to use new technology. I understand that I will not always get things intuitively and will have to put in 'work' to 'learn' new things. I just accept that as the cost of progress...
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.