Trunk wont open
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Trunk wont open in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Went to work this morning and trunk will not open. It worked fine last night when I got home. I ...
    Chosenone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS V

Trunk wont open

Went to work this morning and trunk will not open. It worked fine last night when I got home. I have tried the fob and the door button and the trunk membrane button and none work. I can hear the trunk accuator working and clicking but trunk will not open. I tried the emergency release through the back seat and it wont work either. This happened once before a while ago and it finally opened. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Could something be caught in the mechanism?

Re: Trunk wont open

I dont think so. There was one bag in my trunk when I closed it last night. I pulled that bag out through the seat access hole this morning to make sure it wasnt stuck. Not sure what to do from here. I know a dealer is going to charge a lot to remove seat to get in there though.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

No warranty? When did you change the remote battery last? Mine was sporadic, changed it, and all was well.

The remote works fine, all the other doors unlock, auto start works and the trunk you can here working, its just stuck. No warranty.

MASCAD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS4 3.6 2013; CTS-V COUPE 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Chosenone View Post
    The remote works fine, all the other doors unlock, auto start works and the trunk you can here working, its just stuck. No warranty.
    Wonder if you could try using the emergency release again but this time have someone lift upward on the lid at the same time. Or maybe even push down to take pressure off the latch mechanism

yeah I will try that when I get home from work tonight. Of course the cadillac seals the trunk up so tight that there is no access in there at all. Even the back seat trap door the actuator is all covered inside the trunk. So I am guessing I will have to pay a shop to remove back seat and the inside trim from inside the trunk to access the acuator. That should cost a large amount of cash.

Anybody know how to remove back seat? Is it something I can do myself. Then does anybody know how to remove the trunk trim that covers the acuator inside of the trunk. I would need to remove back seat to get into trunk, then remove the gray beauty plastic that covers the latching mechanism I think.

RobF300 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's

back seat usually entails pushing the ass part in and up, releasing the clips
    then it will expose bolts that you remove to get the backrest out

unless you can access the bolts through a fold in the seats

dont take this the wrong way but if you dont know how to remove a seat you probably dont know how to fix the trunk

I know that but when I take the car into the shop to have the trunk looked at I would rather remove the seat myself then pay a shop rate of $75.00-$100.00 to do something I can do with a little help and direction which is what I was asking for. Also if for some reason the trunk latch is just tweaked or out of alignment and all it takes is to straighten it with some pressure or somehow something got stuck in there that just needs to be removed, then I would really cuss myself if I just paid the shop $100 plus dollars to tell me they put a little pressure on the latch and it works fine. Thanks for the insight on seat removal, anybody now how to remove the trunk trim from inside the trunk that covers the latch on the inside?

Dogbreath is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Did you try using the old school metal key?

There is no key hole to put a key in at on the trunk.

VMoose is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a bit to reset the electronics?

shchow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V; 2010 Escalade ESV

Was the car ever rear ended or in an accident?

mpouls1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black Raven 11.99 @ 118mph stock

You can hear the actuator and it won't release, and you tried the manual release and it didn't work. Leaning more towards the latch??? Try what MASCAD was saying and see if you can get someone else to help while you use the fob/emergency release while the other applies putting pressure up/ down on the trunk. Maybe work something lose. Hope this can be resolved without taking to a shop.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.