My V finallly got here!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, My V finallly got here! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I'm now the proud owner of a 2012 Black Raven CTSV! Not too many V's in the west so I ...
    KevinWP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 V

My V finallly got here!

I'm now the proud owner of a 2012 Black Raven CTSV! Not too many V's in the west so I was considering shipping from Texas or beyond but luckily Carmax in Vegas had one that I shipped to SLC. It has 10k miles, no damage, no mods that I can see. Not even window tint.

When I pulled it out onto the road, I'll be honest, I was not impressed at all. I thought, this is what 550 HP feels like? It felt sluggish and I got more excitement out of a 335i. I'm guessing I just didn't understand the car because now when I punch it, it hauls. Do the V's change based on driving habits? I slid the shifter to the right and it felt completely different, are there two modes that this car has? Normal is relaxed then slide the shifter to the right and it's unrestricted? Didn't come with a manual or else I'd read it.

I also noticed the suspension settings, but I can't honestly tell any difference on the freeway or local roads. Do you have to be stopped or can you change it on the fly? Do you just click the button till it says "sport" then it changes things for me, or do I have to do something else?

I guess the first thing I'm buying is the Belkin BT accessory. Can't stand that this car doesn't stream BT.

I'm sure this topic has been argued to death, but this car really should have power folding mirrors, heated steering wheel, rear seat warmers, nav powered by Gmaps, completely revised dashboard tech, BT audio streaming, a little more aggressive exhaust note and a better auto unlock feature (the Grand Cherokee's version works amazing). I think that would bring this car completely up to date, but it's an incredible car nonetheless. 9/10 in my opinion.

I can also see why some complain about the quality compared to other manufacturers. I did notice some seat creaks, minor noise from the sunroof and squeaking with the door handles. I'm sure it's just because of the old GM. I doubt the new ATS is of this standard, but it exists. Nothing music doesn't cover up though. Good thing is it's not an "American problem" anymore. When I considered the new Grand Cherokee, the build quality on those things is incredible. I also love what Ford is doing. I hope GM follows suit, I'm sure they will.

Anyway, just some of my opinions FWIW. I love this forum.

Kevin

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Xaqtly is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Re: My V finallly got here!

Yeah, the automatic has a sport mode, and in normal mode it feels sluggish. The suspension changes on the fly, pretty much instantaneously. It's not a massive difference, but in sport mode the shocks are considerably firmer. Try taking a corner in both modes, you should feel the difference There's a lot more body roll in touring mode. And remember, this infotainment system was designed in 2008. It's been replaced by CUE in other cars, which is much better. The next CTS-V will have CUE. For now though we just have to live with it being a bit of of date. It doesn't bother me, I'm happy with how it is.

KevinWP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 V

Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
    Yeah, the automatic has a sport mode, and in normal mode it feels sluggish. The suspension changes on the fly, pretty much instantaneously. It's not a massive difference, but in sport mode the shocks are considerably firmer. Try taking a corner in both modes, you should feel the difference There's a lot more body roll in touring mode. And remember, this infotainment system was designed in 2008. It's been replaced by CUE in other cars, which is much better. The next CTS-V will have CUE. For now though we just have to live with it being a bit of of date. It doesn't bother me, I'm happy with how it is.
    Ah, I'll have to try that. Is there an online PDF user manual that someone can link me to? I hope CUE is better. It's not that big of a deal because unless it's a Tesla, it's not like I'm going to be incredibly impressed with the infotainment. My brothers new A6 infotainment is nice, but only aesthetically. Nothing dramatically different or new.

Thanks Xaqtly!

Kevin

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Welcome to Cadillac, Kevin!

You should be able to find a manual for your CTS-V on the Cadillac website. Another great service you can register for to keep track of your service and maintenance records and check for any warranty information would be the Cadillac Owner Center.

Many happy miles!
    Sarah (Assisting Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.