New toy 2012 Mercedes E63 AMG Wagon - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, New toy 2012 Mercedes E63 AMG Wagon in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; The AWD for me is more because I live in a winter climate. Snow is workable in the V, but ...
    MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: New toy 2012 Mercedes E63 AMG Wagon

The AWD for me is more because I live in a winter climate. Snow is workable in the V, but still a bit nervous.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

I came close to buying an E63 AMG Wagon from Naples Mercedes just last month. I called on Monday and it was gone. Close...

96Fleetwood is offline Auto Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Eldorado Collectors Series and 1994 Fleetwood

Congrats!! I looked at a 2008 E63 wagon last year and almost bought it... walked away because of no warranty. I can only imagine how much nicer the new body style is
    1994 Cadillac Fleetwood- the sleeper project
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am Collectors Edition WS6 Conv't- the show car
    2002 Cadillac Eldorado Collectors Series # 1572
    2006 Mini Cooper S BRG 6spd- the autox gokart
    2014 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged- wife's daily driver
    2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Hemi Crew 4x4- daily driver/tow vehicle

RogersV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Crystal Red, Auto

quikag is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 White Diamond CTS-V Sedan, '10 Cyber Gray ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by 96Fleetwood View Post
    Congrats!! I looked at a 2008 E63 wagon last year and almost bought it... walked away because of no warranty. I can only imagine how much nicer the new body style is
    There is a BIG difference in how the cars drive, interior, etc. between the earlier E63 cars and the newer ones. A buddy had an '07 E63 and traded it for a '10 E63 (both the 6.2 NA motor) and the '10 E63 drove WORLD'S better. I bet the twin turbo V8 is even more fun, but I did like that 6.2NA screamer that revved out above 7,000rpm and sounded pissed off doing it.

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

A lot of people say that about the old na 6.2 merc motor, I guess it was a beast, to get that kind of power with no turbos or blower is amazing. Anyhow, I'm real glad this did not become a shoot out arguement about which car is better because the real truth is one car might be better for one person and the other car for another person. I do see a real lot similiarities in both cars, the door lock system is very similiar, the luggage cover device in both wagons is nearly identical, although a little bigger in the Benz. It's obvious that both companies had engineer meetings about what the competition was doing and got ideas from each other. Materials are definately nicer in the Benz, but you pay for it. Myself I like the steering feel better in the Benz, to me my caddy wagon I felt I could not feel the road as good. In comp mode, I think the caddy might handle a little bit better, those magnetic shocks are truely amazing and the ride is better on the caddy for sure. The benz has even lower profile tires and you are riding on hard rubber airbags in the rear and they do tend to be a little more bouncy than the caddy which seems to dampen the bumps better. On smooth roads the benz rides like a dream and at high speeds in a straight line I'd say is smoother than the caddy and maybe a little quieter, although the caddy is very quiet to start with but the benz is that much quieter. The biggest thing I do like with the benz over the caddy is the increased interior room especially around the driver, the underseat storage compartments are very cool. I do like the powertrain better in the benz too, but that's just my preference. Others may like the caddy blower better.

Bridgette2013 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V SEDAN
    True story - i recently (as in 3 mths ago) I bought a 2013 S550 twin turbo before buying my V. Very quick car. Loved the S550 but the V provides more bang per buck!

VMoose is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon

Pics 1997BlackETC?

Heres a whole bunch of pics, just got the title today for the car. This dealer was great, really good to deal with, they cut me a very fair deal and they were very knowlegable about the Benz, the salesman I was working with drives a S class. http://www.skymotorcars.com/web/used...vania/1357509/ The above poster who claimed to have a S class, you must have lost a ton of money selling a new 2013 if that's true. My E class stickered for over 106K and I got the car lots less than that. I'm still really liking the car, been nearly 2,000 miles in around 2 weeks. Only complaint is around R.I the roads are very bad and this car does not like the rough roads at all, very tight suspension even in comfort mode and the 19 inch tires are very low profile and very stiff. The Caddy did ride a lot better, there are too many good things I like about this Benz though that makes it worthwhile for me having it over the Caddy though, mainly all the extra leg room, the higher rear hatch area for a lot of extra storage space, the powertrain, and oh, the sound of this motor, sounds completely different than the V, but I love the sound when she rev's, guess I woulda got that with a Corsa on the Caddy, but this cars got a AMG exhaust and nothing needed to be changed or altered

96Fleetwood is offline Auto Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Eldorado Collectors Series and 1994 Fleetwood

Awesome Awesome Awesome!!

Congrats again! You need the front plate I have on my Audi: Uber Wagon

You must get looks like we do with the X5-M... "why is that grocery getter so loud"
    1994 Cadillac Fleetwood- the sleeper project
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am Collectors Edition WS6 Conv't- the show car
    2002 Cadillac Eldorado Collectors Series # 1572
    2006 Mini Cooper S BRG 6spd- the autox gokart
    2014 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged- wife's daily driver
    2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Hemi Crew 4x4- daily driver/tow vehicle

Fortunately, I didn't lose tons of money. It's all about who you know. Sticker was $128k. I'm trying to post a couple pictures on here of it but says dimensions are too high..

Attached Images

Not tech savy. Loved this car but wasn't exactly what I envisioned.

image-642068794.jpg

This is a pic of night I brought 'her' home.
    Attached Images

Bridgett, what did you not like about the car? Benz's are known for being fairly firm, the seats are firm, the ride is firm, same as my VW Jetta, it must be a german thing I guess. The Caddy was a lot more Cushy, the seats were softer, the ride was softer except in comp mode. This won't be as much of a issue once I get to Florida as the roads there are smooth, but up north here you really feel all those bumps and ruts. A tune on my benz is tempting, I would like a little firmer shifts and the extra 100 hp or so would be nice too. I'm looking forward to getting this car to the quarter mile, should be low 12's right now. I just got a OBD II bluetooth reader that works off the torque app and need to check throttle position opening on my car because I do have hand controls and they may be preventing full throttle, I think I got em right, but gotta check for it. I'll see what throttle position opening is with the hand controls and then remove them and press the gas all the way down and make sure it's the same percentage. You really can't go by percentage alone as most cars will never say 100 percent.

I like those exhaust tips better on your S than my E, I may even change them out on my AMG E to tips like those, it would look a lot cleaner from the back of the car. I'm still kinda surprised I'm driving a German car at this point, I've always been a American Muscle type of guy, but the fact is this car just much better meets my needs than anything else I could be driving. Taking my Tennis chair in and out of the back last night was a snap, in the V wagon, it was tight fit and I could not even get my Handcycle in the back of the Vagon as the roofline was not high enough. The extra 150 mile range on a tank of gas on this car really helps out too.

I agree, the roominess is fairly bigger in the Benz than the V. I too, love the e class, as the s class was a bit more money but as you listed, lots of 'extras' as in smooth ride, seats, etc. But having owned many sports cars, that aren't daily drivers (my Vette sat in the garage for a whole year only 1000 miles driven), In hindsight my preference is more towards the 'sports car' look and feel, rather than a speeding 6000lb boat. And something that is rare, and unique. having purchased the last 2nd gen of the V, theres high hopes to keep this car as a collector. The V gives you IMO everything in a race car, of course less room, than an e or s class. But for me, the suit fits. Good luck on your e class 'super car ' endeavors.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.