Rear end symptoms? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Rear end symptoms? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Xaqtly FWIW when mine went I was experiencing both a groaning noise and a high pitched whining ...
    spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Re: Rear end symptoms?

Quote Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
    FWIW when mine went I was experiencing both a groaning noise and a high pitched whining noise. I think the key is if it happens on throttle input. The sound will change pitch depending on wheel speed, not gear, and only comes on under throttle input, so if you lift off the noise goes away.
    I have 2000 miles on my car and I can hear a slight whine under throttle from around 40-50mph and again around 65mph. Seems worse when the car is cold. Not going to worry too much at this point. We'll see what happens. If I took it in and complained about it, it's definitely so subtle I'd be told it's normal.

smackdownCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V BDE (Sold) 2010 CTS-V Red (Traded)

Bring it in, let them do the oil change on it. If that doesn't fix it, then it was a bad/underfilled diff and you'll get a new one. Ask me how I know.

dljames9 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V

I had this noise also. I thought it was tire noise, but after new tires it stayed the same. I took it to the dealer yesterday, and had the tech ride along and listen. He immediately said the noise was the differential and took it into the shop. He confirmed this, and ordered a new rear end. Today they replaced it, and now it is quiet as a mouse.

Ah, ok. I'm driving it 1200 miles to Florida on Saturday. Once I'm there and moved in, I'll take her in. Hopefully it doesn't explode half way there.

FLTRI is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

Took the Vagon in this morning, had the service writer go for a ride with me. He said he was too busy, initially. I told him I could set at his desk and make Rrrrrr & Wah-wah-wah sounds with my mouth while he typed the symptoms for 15 minutes, or we could go for a 2 minute ride. He got my sense of humor, so out we went. He immediately heard the sound and said, "Yeah. That ain't right".

Got a loaner SRX (with CUE, I'll keep my antiquated system, thank you very much) and got a call from the shop just now. Differential is toast, new one is on the way from Reno. Should have the car back in a couple of days...

Trapspeed is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Good outcome. Just break it in right! You shall be noise free!

Yeah I'm pleased, just hope they get it done right.

Now that that is out of the way, I have the rocking Recaro & sunroof noise issues to look forward to.

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

And make sure they're putting in the LSD additive too.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by FLTRI View Post
    Took the Vagon in this morning, had the service writer go for a ride with me. He said he was too busy, initially. I told him I could set at his desk and make Rrrrrr & Wah-wah-wah sounds with my mouth while he typed the symptoms for 15 minutes, or we could go for a 2 minute ride. He got my sense of humor, so out we went. He immediately heard the sound and said, "Yeah. That ain't right".

Got a loaner SRX (with CUE, I'll keep my antiquated system, thank you very much) and got a call from the shop just now. Differential is toast, new one is on the way from Reno. Should have the car back in a couple of days...
    Hello FLTRI,

I am glad to hear you were able to go for a ride with a service writer at the dealership and he noticed the sound also. Good news they were able to locate the issue and order a new part for you. Let us know how everything goes, and reach out to us with any other concerns or issues! We can be contacted via private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello FLTRI,

I am glad to hear you were able to go for a ride with a service writer at the dealership and he noticed the sound also. Good news they were able to locate the issue and order a new part for you. Let us know how everything goes, and reach out to us with any other concerns or issues! We can be contacted via private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Thanks Laura, I am pleased he heard it as well. The noise was very minor, and I had feared that I would have to wait until it got worse before anything was done. And Murphy's Law would probably have it totally fail at the worst possible time, in the worse possible place.

Also, I'm impressed, and somewhat amazed that GM has folks like you whose job it is to peruse these forums, and assist their customers. Say what you want, but it's pretty darn impressive to me. I'll post when the car is done, looking forward to getting it back without the noise...

Quote Originally Posted by FLTRI View Post
    Thanks Laura, I am pleased he heard it as well. The noise was very minor, and I had feared that I would have to wait until it got worse before anything was done. And Murphy's Law would probably have it totally fail at the worst possible time, in the worse possible place.

Also, I'm impressed, and somewhat amazed that GM has folks like you whose job it is to peruse these forums, and assist their customers. Say what you want, but it's pretty darn impressive to me. I'll post when the car is done, looking forward to getting it back without the noise...
    You are welcome FLTRI. Thank you for that kind statement. I really appreciate you taking the time to write back and your willingness to keep me updated on your situation.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

BklynEXT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc

Hello BklynEXT,

I apologize for the inconvenience your vehicle is experiencing. I see you are taking the vehicle in next week. If you would like us to stay invoked throughout the process, please private message us and we can continue our interaction next week to ensure your dealer visit goes well. Also we can be contacted for any other concerns or questions you may have.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

----------

Hello FLTRI,

I am sorry your vehicle is experiencing a rear end issue. Are you going to work with a dealership on this concern? Please feel free to private message us so we can further discuss your issues and help work towards a resolution.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service
    I picked the car up today. Waiting for the fluid additive, new lugs and a new key fob. Thank You for your assistance

Quote Originally Posted by BklynEXT View Post
    I picked the car up today. Waiting for the fluid additive, new lugs and a new key fob. Thank You for your assistance
    Hello BKlynEXT,

You are very welcome! Please let us know if you still experience the issue after those things come in. Thank you for keeping us updated!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quiet as a mouse now. Of course, they did manage to run the chin spoiler into something a gouge it...

Are they fixing the chin spoiler?

My V is getting a new rear diff as we speak. Same sort of issue...whining sound under throttle at 50mph. Service manager heard it immediately, said 'you're getting a new one', and then said that it'll eventually happen to that one too. Boo.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.