Need Advice re: Recaros - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree7Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Need Advice re: Recaros in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Jdani NJ, Monmouth county ---------- Thanks everyone for all the replies after reading them all I really ...
    Lenvo65 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan

Re: Need Advice re: Recaros

Quote Originally Posted by Jdani View Post
    NJ, Monmouth county

----------

Thanks everyone for all the replies after reading them all I really believe that this is just a matter of opinion. Whether or not I have a back problem as some if you have suggested why should i torture myself when I don't have this problem In any of my other cars... I do have another question if I do want to make the change to stock seats do they come with the clothe in the middle like the recaros and also how will they match with these door panels or are the door panels the same
    Hi - I am in Bergen County NJ and have a 2012 Sedan CTS_V with Ebony stock seats. The seats do have the suede like cloth material in the middle. I may be interested in the Recaros and a swap, but would want to work out whether they are plug and play as long as I get (from you or otherwise) the switch for the cooling function of the seats.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

I am under the belief they have different tracks.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels
    I just drove 1800mi and I am in love with the Recaros. Most comfortable long distance drive I've ever done. I enjoyed the whole darn thing.

Arca500 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    I'm 6'2 and weigh in at 255lbs. I have a large frame and work out a lot too. My guess is its not the seat as much as it is your lower back. Go get adjusted and stretch out as much as possible. I get lower back pain as well but, I've been lucky enough not to feel uncomfortable in my Recaro seat. Of course every body is different. Also, I'd go to Dicks sporting goods and get a real Phiten Racing necklace. I know it sounds crazy but, I got one two years ago and it's been a game changer for me. Placebo effect or not, it works. And finally, since you might have sciatic nerve issues (pain shooting down your leg) you need a light anti inflammatory. Go to Costco and buy a bottle of Naproxen. Take 3 in the am and repeat at night for 1 week and it should help you out a ton. It did for me.

Bostonoutlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 cts v

I use a small towel rolled up and put it between the seat and my lower back....it helps. I have 3 bad discs and have a hard time in all my vehicles

warmwater is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe

I think I might be having the same issue with the Recaro seats, I have some disc issues & sciatica. I am not sure if all the driving I did last week aggravated my back or not.

I did find a video on the 8 steps to correct sitting position from Recaro, I need to watch and make adjustments and will post if that helped me.

http://www.recaro-automotive.com/us/...c-comfort.html

http://www.recaro-automotive.com/fil..._100630_en.swf

Oh and Time to work on my Ab's too. The person who posted that could be on to something per this blog post http://experiencelife.com/article/lo...tight-strings/

Bridgette2013 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V SEDAN
    Work the abs everyday. Pelvic tilts, 50 per day. Along with regular floor crunches. I work with patients all day long who experience back pain. The major cause being the TVA or transverse abdominis isn't strong enough to rove compressive forces off the lower back. So muscles in your back eventually become overused, creating I inhibiting of the others muscles around that area. Just have an open mind, use google for reference and try it.

I doubt it's the seats as the main factor. And it couldn't hurt to be stronger.

Hope this Helps.

warmwater is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe

Bridgette2013 Great advice thank you for sharing and the Tips.

OK back to the Crunches

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I'll swap seats, and I was a certified GM mechanic.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.