Need Advice re: Recaros - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Need Advice re: Recaros in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Make sure (if you swap out with someone) that they have full leather. Some cars have alcantara patches in the ...
    tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Re: Need Advice re: Recaros

Make sure (if you swap out with someone) that they have full leather. Some cars have alcantara patches in the seat area. Mine, for example, are full leather from the factory.

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

Mine are 2012 base seats that came in my V Wagon.

Base CTS (non-V) seats you don't want.

Jdani is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 cts- v
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman
    Base CTS (non-V) seats you don't want.
    Got it...that's what I was wondering I though reg cts seats would be fine. I think these will be hard to find used

jzchen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '85 Sedan de Ville, '10 CTS-V
    You can try car-part.com. Retrofitting to Recaros might be a problem, as it's been discussed before that they are heated AND cooled. I don't know about the newer standard seats, but before they were not cooled as I know.

PNBLWZD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Black Diamond Sedan, 09 CTS-V (sold), STS-V (sold)

Regular CTS seats are all leather, no suede.

I find it interesting that the seats in these cars is the most polarizing part of the vehicle, people either love 'em or hate 'em. Personally I think the stock ones are kinda too flat and the Recaros are too racey for everyday use. I've only had "Ass time" in each from shopping around for a V though, I don't have any long road trip time in either other than a loaner regular CTS for a few days. To be honest though, the best combination of both seats were the ones that my STS-V had. Enough support and adjustment with suede inserts, not too hard, not too flat. I wonder what they will offer for seating in the V3.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

I find the Recaros to be very comfortable. The kind of comfort like laying down on a firm mattress after a long work day.

shockwaveMGH is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Coupe, 2007 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jay View Post
    I hate the Recaros in my wifes V. Most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat in. Don't even talk about getting in and out with that wing part you have to climb over. I want to find a regular CTS and ask the owner if I can sit in it to see how it feels.

I have two vettes, C5 and C6. Both are way more comfortable than the V
    I have a 2000 C5, a 2007 C6 Z06 as well as a 2012 CTS-V with the Recaro seats. I couldn't disagree more ..... Perhaps you need to work on adjusting your support ..

Quote Originally Posted by Jdani View Post
    Got it...that's what I was wondering I though reg cts seats would be fine. I think these will be hard to find used
    Just so I am clear, I mean a base model CTS vs. a Performance or Premium model CTS. These are NON-V model CTS's.

FinestKind-CTS-V is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by shockwaveMGH

I have a 2000 C5, a 2007 C6 Z06 as well as a 2012 CTS-V with the Recaro seats. I couldn't disagree more ..... Perhaps you need to work on adjusting your support ..
    Second that!
    I find my Recaros to be VERY comfortable now that ( thanks to this forum) I finally discovered after one year of ownership that there is an extension you can open up to lengthen the seat and gain more support under your thighs.....

Quote Originally Posted by FinestKind-CTS-V View Post
    Second that!
    I find my Recaros to be VERY comfortable now that ( thanks to this forum) I finally discovered after one year of ownership that there is an extension you can open up to lengthen the seat and gain more support under your thighs.....
    That extension can make quite a difference. My first Explorer had that on its seats and I loved it. The next one I bought did not have that feature and it was the most missed feature on that disappointing vehicle. I'm still chuckling that it took you a year to find it!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GM-4-LIFE View Post

The same thing happened to me on long drives in my 2011 V Coupe with Recaros, but it would be a good hour plus before I started feeling an uncomfortable feeling in the center of my back. I never had this issue with the stock seats in my 09 V Sedan. I am in the process of looking for a new V Coupe and I am looking for one without Recaros. They are so damn uncomfortable. I am 6'1" and I am down to 188 lbs. now with an athletic build. I was up to 212, but lost a good amount of weight. The standard seats are way better. I don't know if you can swap the seats without any issues, but I think the Recaros are not padded enough for long drives.
    Wrong. As someone who has done 27, 22 and 31 hour stints straight in my V with Recaros, it's just you. Recaros are supremely comfortable for long distance drives...
    vfaninva and bsim like this.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

I did a 4000 mile cross-country round trip in my V wagon with Recaros three weeks ago and I had no issues whether I was in the seat for 15 hours or 3 hours.

Jdani, base V seats are plentiful on eBay. Recaros are not and someone will give you top dollar for yours. I know this because I owned an 09 V with base seats. I tried for three years to find Recaros with limits success, and mostly found base seats.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi All,

Glad to hear you are all loving your Recaro seats. They are a very comfortable seat for long distances and I hope you are all enjoying their comfort and your Cadillac V's

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

OP - I still think you need to play with the seats a bit longer. There is no question the Recaro are a firm, hugging seat, but there are many ways to either "sink" yourself deeper into the seat, or tone down the security of the bolsters.

I spent a week with premium non-recaro seats, and they were comfortable too. It was in a sedan, and the combination was easier to get in and out of the car compared to my coupe with recs. They definately are softer on your butt, but they just feel like any old seat in a luxery car. Nothing special, and nothing that screams racing, and can actually enhance that experience like the Recaro. But then again, even if the seats sucked id keep them because they look so hot!

Maybe you just need to get a memory foam seat pad for your butt, and work on your abs :P

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.