Need Advice re: Recaros - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Need Advice re: Recaros in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I have regular seats in my 2010 wagon, Light Titanium. Well cared for leather and I have always used a ...
    tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Re: Need Advice re: Recaros

I have regular seats in my 2010 wagon, Light Titanium. Well cared for leather and I have always used a cover on them while daily driving. If anyone with Recaros wants to swap please let me know. I can do the work here at my shop, too, as we are a custom metal fabrication shop (and gearheads).

stl_ls1gto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    I have regular seats in my 2010 wagon, Light Titanium. Well cared for leather and I have always used a cover on them while daily driving. If anyone with Recaros wants to swap please let me know. I can do the work here at my shop, too, as we are a custom metal fabrication shop (and gearheads).
    are you going to throw in a tow hook?

tinman is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Everything is negotiable!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    That's why swimming is better than jogging.

shchow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V; 2010 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    I'm a urologist. It's not his prostate.
    It was an attempt at humor which seemed to have escaped you.

Nice to know there's another urologist on here

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by shchow

It was an attempt at humor which seemed to have escaped you.

Nice to know there's another urologist on here
    It's funny knowing you're a urologist now! I thought you were just mocking me for saying I was a physician.

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 MN6 V Coupe, 2015i Escalade Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Jdani View Post
    I know this is an old topic but im looking for new advice before i sell car or change seats. I have 2012 cts v sedan auto. i had the car a year and a half i have 18000 miles. Ive been getting back pain in this car since the beginning. I tried every possible setting so now i have to either try stock seats or trade car in because im not enjoying this car because of this problem. I have a few other cars and do the same ride everyday but dont get any pain. Im 45 yrs old 6.1 195 lbs in good shape. I am slightly larger fram because id do work out a lot, I am not overweight though. So My question is what can i do. Im thinking to try one stock seat for now just to see how that works, id get this used of course. Also im actually thinking of trading the car in but its a shame because i never really got to enjoy it because of this pain. Any input would be greatly appreciated. oh the back pain is lower back and sometimes shoots down right leg. This doesnt happen everyday but on most. My ride is half hour each way to work. about 25 miles mostly highway
    The same thing happened to me on long drives in my 2011 V Coupe with Recaros, but it would be a good hour plus before I started feeling an uncomfortable feeling in the center of my back. I never had this issue with the stock seats in my 09 V Sedan. I am in the process of looking for a new V Coupe and I am looking for one without Recaros. They are so damn uncomfortable. I am 6'1" and I am down to 188 lbs. now with an athletic build. I was up to 212, but lost a good amount of weight. The standard seats are way better. I don't know if you can swap the seats without any issues, but I think the Recaros are not padded enough for long drives.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    I'm a urologist. It's not his prostate.
    I'm an @sshole. I think his problem is... well, nevermind - I'm just being an @sshole!

(That's a JOKE, Spearfish)
    shchow likes this.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    I have osteoarthritis in my lower back. We all get it at some point. The Recaro's help with that. My only concern is that it will interfere with my upland bird hunting. As long as I can get adjustable and supportive seats in my super sedan, I have many years left with super cars.

Jud
    Jud

jd mack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Funny,I had an '09 CTS with stock seats that were never comfortable and offered almost no thigh support.I now have a '13 V sedan with Recaros and am delighted at the difference in support and comfort.Since everyone else with an opinion seemed to have a medical degree,I must disclose that I am a newly retired orthopaedic spine surgeon........Seats that are poorly designed don't give a damn who you are!!

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by jd mack
    Funny,I had an '09 CTS with stock seats that were never comfortable and offered almost no thigh support.I now have a '13 V sedan with Recaros and am delighted at the difference in support and comfort.Since everyone else with an opinion seemed to have a medical degree,I must disclose that I am a newly retired orthopaedic spine surgeon........Seats that are poorly designed don't give a damn who you are!!
    Happy retirement, doc!

KP-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V sedan, SB, 6MT
    I just did a 2200 mile road trip in my V sedan with Recaros. Best support and comfort of any vehicle I've owned in my 66 years.

Mr V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS V

If anyone in the Chicagoland area wants to trade i have the non recaros in my 2009 i just got, and would LOVEEEEE to have the recaros, feel free to pm me if interested

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Jdani View Post
    I know this is an old topic but im looking for new advice before i sell car or change seats. I have 2012 cts v sedan auto. i had the car a year and a half i have 18000 miles. Ive been getting back pain in this car since the beginning. I tried every possible setting so now i have to either try stock seats or trade car in because im not enjoying this car because of this problem. I have a few other cars and do the same ride everyday but dont get any pain. Im 45 yrs old 6.1 195 lbs in good shape. I am slightly larger fram because id do work out a lot, I am not overweight though. So My question is what can i do. Im thinking to try one stock seat for now just to see how that works, id get this used of course. Also im actually thinking of trading the car in but its a shame because i never really got to enjoy it because of this pain. Any input would be greatly appreciated. oh the back pain is lower back and sometimes shoots down right leg. This doesnt happen everyday but on most. My ride is half hour each way to work. about 25 miles mostly highway
    Where are you located and what color? If they are ebony I'll give you a thousand bucks and my stock ebony seats with 8K miles on them. I'll even drive to meet you if you're within 8 hours

Jdani is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 cts- v
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris CTS V Wagon

Where are you located and what color? If they are ebony I'll give you a thousand bucks and my stock ebony seats with 8K miles on them. I'll even drive to meet you if you're within 8 hours
    NJ, Monmouth county

----------

Thanks everyone for all the replies after reading them all I really believe that this is just a matter of opinion. Whether or not I have a back problem as some if you have suggested why should i torture myself when I don't have this problem In any of my other cars... I do have another question if I do want to make the change to stock seats do they come with the clothe in the middle like the recaros and also how will they match with these door panels or are the door panels the same

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.