Ran the v
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Trainman SRT-10
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Ran the v in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Took the v to the track last wed nite . It went 11.51 on the 3rd pass I never ran ...
    THE////V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 ctsv sedan

Ran the v

Took the v to the track last wed nite . It went 11.51 on the 3rd pass I never ran it before . Still not use to it with stock tires . The only things I changed were a upper pulley a air intake and I ported the inlet . I installed a canned tune from wait 4 me . Not to bad for a 4430 LB 4 door auto. It's got more in it . But the track is going to bust balls about not having a cage in it 11.50 is the limit . I'm going back weather permitting next week . See what happens .

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Sweet. Great time.

Trainman SRT-10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V Coupe, 6M

Re: Ran the v

New NHRA rules this year allow newer vehicles (2008 and up) to run 10.00 and 135 mph without a roll bar, as long as the chassis isn't changed.
    Tedboss1 likes this.

SARDEANIE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by Trainman SRT-10 View Post
    New NHRA rules this year allow newer vehicles (2008 and up) to run 10.00 and 135 mph without a roll bar, as long as the chassis isn't changed.
    Yeah buddy!

6speeder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Trainman SRT-10 View Post
    Our NHRA track says that rule only applies to totally stock cars, no mods whatsoever.

Wow that would be great . But I'm in New Jersey I think it's a state thing ! I'm going to check into that I know we can't use open face helmets in anything any longer . My brother in law from FLA. always says if its fun in NJ there's a law or some type of tax or charge for it . I know if I ice the intake and put on a set of 26 inch by 8 slicks with lite weight wheels front and back I will run a high ten for sure . I'm going to tape up the front grill that always helps . I know it will block off the SC cooler but I have the larger coolant tank I used from my Shelby the stock one that came with the car it holds mare than a quart of coolant I also piggie backed the stock inner cooler from the Shelby it fits perfect in the lower portion or the front grill . The coolant temp was only 125 deg. After the run. It was about 78 degrees that nite . I have pics of the set up I can email if anyone is interested .

Trainman SRT-10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V Coupe, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by 6speeder View Post
    Our NHRA track says that rule only applies to totally stock cars, no mods whatsoever.
    I think each track can enforce the rule the way they see fit, I personally drove a friends 2012 45th Anniv Camaro SS here at Famoso raceway (Bakersfield, Ca.) through at 10.74 @ 135 on only the 2nd pass I have ever driven his car (LSX 427, 6-speed manual, supercharged).

----------

I think different tracks enforce the rules the way they see fit. Here is a video of me driving a friends 2012 Camaro SS (427 LSX, supercharged, 6-speed Manual), only my 2nd pass in the car. At Famoso Raceway (Bakersfield, Ca.). The car went 10.74 @ 134.83 and no one said a word. The first 15 seconds of the video are blank, so keep watching.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...37210390494210

Quote Originally Posted by Trainman SRT-10

I think each track can enforce the rule the way they see fit, I personally drove a friends 2012 45th Anniv Camaro SS here at Famoso raceway (Bakersfield, Ca.) through at 10.74 @ 135 on only the 2nd pass I have ever driven his car (LSX 427, 6-speed manual, supercharged).

----------

I think different tracks enforce the rules the way they see fit. Here is a video of me driving a friends 2012 Camaro SS (427 LSX, supercharged, 6-speed Manual), only my 2nd pass in the car. At Famoso Raceway (Bakersfield, Ca.). The car went 10.74 @ 134.83 and no one said a word. The first 15 seconds of the video are blank, so keep watching.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...37210390494210
    Nice pass that baby gets it done....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.