Cyber bullying - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Cyber bullying in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Back to topic, I don't consider 90% of the shit that happens in forums bullying. Some people will cross the ...
    cruiser68 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)

Re: Cyber bullying

Back to topic, I don't consider 90% of the shit that happens in forums bullying. Some people will cross the line and make it totally personal. Bringing family or personal issues into the fight is just cowardly IMO. If you can't make your point without resorting to that then you should just STFU.
    neuronbob likes this.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

If it was possilbe, I'd give you a cyber wedgy, then lick my finger and stick it in your ear before tell you your car is slow.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Yeah, kids need to toughen up. But the Internet has changed things. Used to be only everyone at your school might think you were a freak. Now one viral video and you could be humiliated world wide. Think of the Star Wars Kid.

And it's easy to say "just don't record yourself being stupid" but then you're a hermit. Kids shouldn't be afraid to be themselves, but social media magnifies everything.

As an adult you now think you could have dealt with that crap as a kid, but that's your adult wisdom projecting... it's hard to think of yourself as you used to be.

Those of you doing your best to bring up well-adjusted kids in today's hyperconnected hypersensitive world, my hat's off to you. It can't be easy.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    wut.

hulksdaddy is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): <-----"Hulk" 2000-2012...He will always be missed :-(

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    wut.
    Bully

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Sully

SilverrV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Is it ok to Bully cadZilla Returns? jk

stl_ls1gto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO

IMO, a lot of America has gone too far with the anti-bully campaign......we are raising a generation of pussies . I call it the pussification of today's youth. I mean, you can't allow your kids to play 75% of the games as I played growing up in the 80's. Yes, in a perfect world, there would be no bullying, and I teach my son to not be one. On the other hand, we will never live in a society with no bullies. Thus I also teach him to not be a victim of one either. I have always told him there are two rules....never hit a girl back is one. Two is that if you or your friend is getting picked on, or beat up, don't take it, stand up for yourself - you will never get in trouble with me because of that even if the school doesn't agree.

Blakester is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 cts-v wagon
    Re: see R/X product thread on Perf threads,this shows bullying and its Affect on our forum and products available, not a good side of human social interaction. We all are affected.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

I cannot find what you are talking about.
    Please post a link to the thread, or at least paste the full name of the subforum and thread title.

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

It's the 7 page "CNC Performance throttle body" thread in the Performance Section, people are wondering what's taking so long to get results. (LINK)

Cliff notes: I rant because a vendor takes my $200, doesn't deliver for 6+ weeks (product was "in stock"). I email twice, vendor promises me it will ship within a week both times. Vendor still never ships. I request a cancellation, vendor says ok and sits on the "prompt" refund for another 8 days. Me, being pissed at the OCarbon-esque service, share my rants in a manner to be readily noticed by said vendor, community and prospective customers - because three other members have had virtually identical experiences. I point out cheaper, similar products available that ship on time.

Vendor blames his age, work schedule, the bad help available in this rocking economy - and my rants for "destroying" him, and says he's giving up. Super Moderator says there's no place for personal insults, and then calls us divas and children who don't deserve our cars - he points out he's tried to quit twice because its so tough..

Irony abounds.

Remember: its my fault for being pissed because a vendor promises prompt shipping on three separate occasions and fails (versus, say, just being upfront on day 1). See also, my post on page one of this thread. More unhappy customers in my thread on the other site that you can't link to... but out of respect for everyone's feelings I'll leave all that over there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.