1500 Mile CTS V Wagon Report Card
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By GM-4-LIFE
  • 1 Post By Cadillac Cust Svc
  • 2 Post By dennych
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 1500 Mile CTS V Wagon Report Card in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Thought I would report my thoughts on my 13 V Wagon after 1500 miles and almost 3 months of ownership. ...
    gjnockie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 13 CTS V Vagon

1500 Mile CTS V Wagon Report Card

Thought I would report my thoughts on my 13 V Wagon after 1500 miles and almost 3 months of ownership. Just rolled past 1500 yesterday.

Comfortable Recaro Seats
    Nothing has broken that required a trip to the dealer
    Smooth ride for a performance car
    Good amount of space when you fold the seats down

Now for the things I don't like!
    Doors and sun roof creak when turning depending upon the outside temperature.
    Why did Cadillac go to the trouble of putting in a nice brake and gas pedal but put a piece of vinyl in for the dead pedal?
    Why did Cadillac put leather strips on the rear seat surface bottoms and not on the driver & front passenger seats to match or visa versa?
    Why does the Super Charger have to rattle at idle?
    Why didn't they fix the carpet issue on the kick panels that keeps falling out. No excuse for this because it's a known problem.
    My A/C vents rattle when the dash gets hot.
    Wheels clicking when turning at slow speed.

Why does this car have to be 9/10's good. I know for the price it's performance is great, but you don't see this stuff in low priced cars let alone for a brand that is supposed to be "the standard for the world". It is my opinion that it is no way built as well as some of it's foreign competitors. SAD!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

Re: 1500 Mile CTS V Wagon Report Card

It's because it was designed during GM's dark financial times and by the "old GM" way of thinking and they didn't bother to change it on a car that is selling so well for them. I am sure the next gen V will be way better as it is being designed by the "new GM" and I am sure they are going to spend more money on the car during R&D over the 2nd gen V.
    IBMike likes this.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by gjnockie

Why does this car have to be 9/10's good.
    Because 10/10 doesn't exist. Not even cars three times as much are perfect.

Gman1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

I would agree with most of the OP's assessments. I've had the car less than a month, crossed 1,500 last weekend. I've been impressed how much you can jam into a relatively small wagon. There are a few minor things I'll address with my dealer when I go for my first service, namely:

-Driver's seat (Recaro) is starting to rock
    -Center dash/speaker cover not flush with each other
    -I want to see if they can do anything to raise the level of the headlights. I do prefer to see stop signs when I'm in an unfamiliar place at night.

I do wish there was a better place for my left arm while driving. I also wish the stops in the door mechanism were more significant. I can never get the door to stay open the first time and I don't want to kick up my door panel. Also, a heated steering wheel & HUD would be nice. It's odd to me how small the readout inside the gauge cluster is. I would really like to keep the odo and compass up while I see other things.

Overall I'm thrilled with the car. I love the seats, the ride, the sound, the power and the looks/comments it gets. The design of the interior is great and for GM in 2008 it was probably the best interior corporate-wide, but when you touch certain parts you feel the cheapness. For example, the sir vent adjusters or the radio knob. I'm not expecting a Jaguar-quality interior where all shiny material is actually metal but I don't want Jaguar reliability either. Overall, I'm thrilled with the car. Where a 10/10 is impossible I give this car at least a 9.5.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by gjnockie View Post
    Thought I would report my thoughts on my 13 V Wagon after 1500 miles and almost 3 months of ownership. Just rolled past 1500 yesterday.

Comfortable Recaro Seats
    Nothing has broken that required a trip to the dealer
    Smooth ride for a performance car
    Good amount of space when you fold the seats down

Doors and sun roof creak when turning depending upon the outside temperature.
    Why did Cadillac go to the trouble of putting in a nice brake and gas pedal but put a piece of vinyl in for the dead pedal?
    Why did Cadillac put leather strips on the rear seat surface bottoms and not on the driver & front passenger seats to match or visa versa?
    Why does the Super Charger have to rattle at idle?
    Why didn't they fix the carpet issue on the kick panels that keeps falling out. No excuse for this because it's a known problem.
    My A/C vents rattle when the dash gets hot.
    Wheels clicking when turning at slow speed.

Why does this car have to be 9/10's good. I know for the price it's performance is great, but you don't see this stuff in low priced cars let alone for a brand that is supposed to be "the standard for the world". It is my opinion that it is no way built as well as some of it's foreign competitors. SAD!
    Hello gjnockie,

Thank you for your input about the 2013 CTS-V wagon! I will make sure I document and forward this to the right group so that they will be able to take this into consideration. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your vehicle, please feel free to reach out to us! Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gman1023 View Post
    I would agree with most of the OP's assessments. I've had the car less than a month, crossed 1,500 last weekend. I've been impressed how much you can jam into a relatively small wagon. There are a few minor things I'll address with my dealer when I go for my first service, namely:

-Driver's seat (Recaro) is starting to rock
    -Center dash/speaker cover not flush with each other
    -I want to see if they can do anything to raise the level of the headlights. I do prefer to see stop signs when I'm in an unfamiliar place at night.

I do wish there was a better place for my left arm while driving. I also wish the stops in the door mechanism were more significant. I can never get the door to stay open the first time and I don't want to kick up my door panel. Also, a heated steering wheel & HUD would be nice. It's odd to me how small the readout inside the gauge cluster is. I would really like to keep the odo and compass up while I see other things.

Overall I'm thrilled with the car. I love the seats, the ride, the sound, the power and the looks/comments it gets. The design of the interior is great and for GM in 2008 it was probably the best interior corporate-wide, but when you touch certain parts you feel the cheapness. For example, the sir vent adjusters or the radio knob. I'm not expecting a Jaguar-quality interior where all shiny material is actually metal but I don't want Jaguar reliability either. Overall, I'm thrilled with the car. Where a 10/10 is impossible I give this car at least a 9.5.
    Hello Gman1023,

I am happy to hear that you are thrilled with your CTS-V wagon! As I said to gjnockie, I will make sure I document what you have said too and forward it to the right group. I see that when you take your vehicle to the dealership for your first appointment you will have those issues addressed. Please keep us updated on that situation. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Gman1023 likes this.

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

my biggest problem is that it makes me want to burn gas every time I drive it
    And I'm perpetually worried about door dings
    RippyPartsDept and Gman1023 like this.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

My center speaker cover is crooked too.

Are your rear bumpers flush with the quarter panels on both sides?

gjnockie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 13 CTS V Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by Trapspeed View Post
    Because 10/10 doesn't exist. Not even cars three times as much are perfect.
    Totally agree with you but, there should not be so many creaks & groans and defects in a 72K car. Most rental cars I have been in are better and you know how those cars are treated.

Either it's poor assembly or poor design. Either way in my book there is no excuse.

Personally I must be a gluten for punishment. My last car was a 2013 Corvette 427 Convertible. The car was so bad that GM bought it back from me. Horrible quality! So since they did the right thing and treated me well, I thought that I would give them another chance and buy the Caddy. I figured what are the odds of it happening again!

Right now I don't think I will ever buy another GM car. My other cars are foreign and IMHO are built and designed much better. Never had any issues like this with them.

My other concern is that even though my issues won't prevent me from driving the car I dread taking it back to the dealer because I am afraid of them taking things apart and making the problems even worse. Service at the Chevy dealers was horrible. I don't know if Cadillac is any better?

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

I also recently breached the 1500 mile threshold last week; I think I might be up to almost 2,000 miles. Here's my feedback:

Quote Originally Posted by gjnockie View Post
    Comfortable Recaro Seats +1
    Nothing has broken that required a trip to the dealer +1
    Smooth ride for a performance car +1
    Good amount of space when you fold the seats down +1

Doors and sun roof creak when turning depending upon the outside temperature. I opted for no sunroof - no creaks, no glare, and 2+ inches of additional headroom.
    Why did Cadillac go to the trouble of putting in a nice brake and gas pedal but put a piece of vinyl in for the dead pedal? With the suede wheel option, you also get the stainless steel 3 pedal set; so mine all look good. It has to be a cost-savings measure - do automatics with the suede option have this also?
    Why did Cadillac put leather strips on the rear seat surface bottoms and not on the driver & front passenger seats to match or visa versa? [COLOR="#FF0000] I never noticed. [/COLOR]
    Why does the Super Charger have to rattle at idle? Mine sounds fine, but this has be documented extensively here on the forum.
    Why didn't they fix the carpet issue on the kick panels that keeps falling out. No excuse for this because it's a known problem. I must be lucky - no carpet problems yet, but I've also seen it posted here before.
    My A/C vents rattle when the dash gets hot. Never noticed it?
    Wheels clicking when turning at slow speed. No wheel click here?

Why does this car have to be 9/10's good. I know for the price it's performance is great....
    Basically, I think it's a great value - there are always silly things (like the pseudo-leather interior, underspray on body panels or flashing on the edges of the panels that wasn't ground off); but at the end of the day what got us into the showroom?

A 560HP wagon. There are worse cars to drive.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Wow, you are unlucky. My first-year C6 had no quality issues.

Service at different dealers is different. I had multiple incidents of excellent service at three Chevy dealers, and swing-and-miss service at another Chevy dealer. One of the downsides of owning a Corvette is that Chevy is not a luxury brand and their shops are tuned to high volume repairs on basic transportation. One of the upsides is that there are a lot of Chevy dealers, and there are some that know how to butter artisan bread. Of course, if you get the car with all the mistakes from the factory, even a great dealer isn't going to save it...

gjnockie, have you solicited dealer recommendations from folks here for your local service needs?

Also, gluten for punishment:

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I am gluten-free...

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    I am gluten-free...
    I was waiting for that.

Gman1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    My center speaker cover is crooked too.

Are your rear bumpers flush with the quarter panels on both sides?
    No, but not always to the same degree. I haven't determined yet whether I'm hallucinating or whether the degree of flushness of the rear bumper fluctuates with temperature and/or direct sun.

----------

You do get metal pedals with automatics with the suede. I thought the metal pedals came with the Recaros though, no?

I've been lucky with the supercharger rattle & clicking wheels, and a good many of my miles have been with the windows down so I would have noticed. I only noticed the carpet issue on mine when I went to vacuum it out a week ago before I took it to Cars & Coffee. I folded it back into place and haven't bothered to look down since.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.