I'm a v now !!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 67 455 Bird ragtop
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, I'm a v now !!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Well almost. Finally saying good by to my 1997 Grand Prix GTP. Been a VERY good car. I am the ...
    67 455 Bird ragtop is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I'm a v now !!!

Well almost. Finally saying good by to my 1997 Grand Prix GTP. Been a VERY good car. I am the single owner. Bought it March 97. Has 211k and still running strong. Will probably pass it on to my nephew.

Now for the good stuff. I will pick up my new 2012 V sedan on Friday. A dealer near by had a 2012 they needed to get off the lot. Brand new only 111 test driven miles. So I helped them out. It's loaded. Black Diamond Tricoat, black recaro, sunroof, midnight wood package, yellow Brembos, suede steering wheel/shifter, and polished rims. Can't wait to pick it up. Been a long time since I have driven a rear wheel drive car with some power.
    Kyle_B likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

Re: I'm a v now !!!

Congrats! You are going to love your new V! Please post pics!

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

A lot has changed since 1997. I'm curious to hear your compative assessment. Especially what you miss about the GTP. (It has a HUD doesn't it?)

Yes it has the HUD. I loved that. But will adjust.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

It's strange. The HUD broke in my old car and I drove without it for several weeks before getting it fixed. I was surprised at how little I missed it. But I've only been in the V for three weeks and 600 miles and I'm really missing it now. Maybe it's the knowledge that this time I can't get it back. Or maybe I need to quit putting off those bifocals. Aging sucks.

mik2718 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Red

I had the HUD in my last three Pontiacs (1997 GTP, 2000 GTX, and 2005 GXP). I miss it every time I drive the V, but there's more than enough fun in the V to compensate. Practically speaking, the HUD put the car's speed far enough out front that I didn't need my bifocals and I rarely needed to look down toward the dash (and refocus my old eyes) for any reason. I would've traded any of those Pontiacs in a heartbeat for this V, if it had been available sooner.

I feel like a kid at xmas time. Friday can't come soon enough ...

Just got back from my cross state journey to buy my V. Didn't turn out as I had hoped. When I got there the car I came to buy was sitting out front. The Diamond coat is beautiful. The car had black rims and not polished liked the description said. Well we sat down for a test drive. That's when I started to get a sick feeling in my stomach. II could not get the Recaros adjusted enough to make me feel comfortable in the car. I tried and tried. I'm not all guy. 6-2 280. I had sat inn a coupe previously with Recaros and thought it was the headroom that made me feel uncomfortable. But I drove a standard CTS with standard seats and I felt comfortable. So I backed out of the car I originally went to purchase.

But the day didn't end to bad after all . They had a 2013 at another dealership near by. It was Raven black, polished rims, red Brembos, no Recaros and no sunroof. The no sunroof was an option I was really glad to loose. Took it for a test drive and felt very comfortable. So, even thought this was a newer year car it had a few less options. So I was able to get this car for the same payments as the 2012 I went to buy originally. When the sun comes up tomorrow I'll post a few pics. The only sad part of the day was I had to follow my wife and mother in law back cross the state of Florida. So here I am in a 556hp car capable of 175 mph and I'm doing 60-65 on I-4 .... I got passed by a Hyundai Accent ... I was so embarrassed ... Time to get some rest. Been a LOOOOOONNNGGG Day ...

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Some people just like park benches. No worries...

Gman1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by 67 455 Bird ragtop View Post
    Just got back from my cross state journey to buy my V. Didn't turn out as I had hoped. When I got there the car I came to buy was sitting out front. The Diamond coat is beautiful. The car had black rims and not polished liked the description said. Well we sat down for a test drive. That's when I started to get a sick feeling in my stomach. II could not get the Recaros adjusted enough to make me feel comfortable in the car. I tried and tried. I'm not all guy. 6-2 280. I had sat inn a coupe previously with Recaros and thought it was the headroom that made me feel uncomfortable. But I drove a standard CTS with standard seats and I felt comfortable. So I backed out of the car I originally went to purchase.

But the day didn't end to bad after all . They had a 2013 at another dealership near by. It was Raven black, polished rims, red Brembos, no Recaros and no sunroof. The no sunroof was an option I was really glad to loose. Took it for a test drive and felt very comfortable. So, even thought this was a newer year car it had a few less options. So I was able to get this car for the same payments as the 2012 I went to buy originally. When the sun comes up tomorrow I'll post a few pics. The only sad part of the day was I had to follow my wife and mother in law back cross the state of Florida. So here I am in a 556hp car capable of 175 mph and I'm doing 60-65 on I-4 .... I got passed by a Hyundai Accent ... I was so embarrassed ... Time to get some rest. Been a LOOOOOONNNGGG Day ...
    Congrats on the new car, I'm looking forward to the pics. I'm a guy about your size and I wouldn't have the V without the Recaros myself, but everyone is built differently. They take some getting used to and at 1,600 miles I'm still not sure I have my final position set but they are designed to fit someone over 5'9" 160 which is extremely rare for a performance seat. Nice luck finding a car with no Ultraview too! Do you know if the car was dealer stock or a cancelled order? At least here no dealer would stock a CTS let alone a V without the roof.

Not sure what the deal was with this one. But this dealer had about a dozen Vs on the lot. Coupes, wagons, and sedans. Here are a few pics of mine.

DISCLAMER - I am NOT a professional photographer ...
    Attached Images

stl_ls1gto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO

Looks like the dealer added the black grills also?

Quote Originally Posted by stl_ls1gto View Post
    Looks like the dealer added the black grills also?
    Correct. That, all weather mats, and wheel locks.

Gman1023 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Great looking car! Enjoy it!

Kyle_B is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V Sedan

All is well that ends well --congrats on the beautiful ride!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.