Loose cts-v manual shift arn
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dr. Design
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Loose cts-v manual shift arn in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I just took my v for a rip and after a quick hard shift the knob arm assembly came loose, ...
    CaddyDerek999 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

Loose cts-v manual shift arn

I just took my v for a rip and after a quick hard shift the knob arm assembly came loose, I opened it up and it looks like the arm is just set on the pin that goes I to the transmission with adhesive. There is no way to tighten it back up?? Has anyone dealt with this problem if so how do I get it tight again? Please help

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Re: Loose cts-v manual shift arn

First we have heard about that. Clearly you are shifting with too much awesomeness! Was there a linkage pin missing?

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by CaddyDerek999 View Post
    I just took my v for a rip and after a quick hard shift the knob arm assembly came loose, I opened it up and it looks like the arm is just set on the pin that goes I to the transmission with adhesive. There is no way to tighten it back up?? Has anyone dealt with this problem if so how do I get it tight again? Please help
    Club Malibu likes this.

Wow thanks for the quick response! And I love what you guys are doing over there at D3, there is a linkage pin in the assembly that is fine but the whole arm slides over a little nub sticking out of the transmission that has no hardware to tighten it looks like some adhesive was used from the factory? I'm not sure how this could be properly fixed, any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design
    First we have heard about that. Clearly you are shifting with too much awesomeness! Was there a linkage pin missing?

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac
    There is a linkage pin higher on the arm that seems fine here are a couple pics

image-4064062065.jpg

image-1330395824.jpg

cts-v ls6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

There is a shifter recall on the V2's. I have a 2010 6-sp manual sedan. It was getting difficult to shift normally. i read about the recall on this forum, printed the pages and took them and the car in to my local dealer. They replaced the shifter and ever since, the thing shifts smooth as silk.

Jack

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by cts-v ls6 View Post
    There is a shifter recall on the V2's. I have a 2010 6-sp manual sedan. It was getting difficult to shift normally. i read about the recall on this forum, printed the pages and took them and the car in to my local dealer. They replaced the shifter and ever since, the thing shifts smooth as silk.

Jack
    Hello Jack,

I am happy your vehicle shifter was able to be replaced by the dealer and that it is working great now. Continue to enjoy your CTS-V!

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Double check the base to see if there is a provision for a set screw.

Quote Originally Posted by cts-v ls6

Jack
    Hey jack,

I called my Cadillac dealership, in calgary and they say they have never heard of such a recall, do you know where I could find any information on this? Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.