How does the Benz E63 compare with the CTSV?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, How does the Benz E63 compare with the CTSV? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; The E63 I'm referring to is the 2010-2011 MY with the new body style and 6.3l N/A motor. I had ...
    sshu is offline Cadillac Owners Member

How does the Benz E63 compare with the CTSV?

The E63 I'm referring to is the 2010-2011 MY with the new body style and 6.3l N/A motor. I had a chance to test drive the C63 and it was a beast...the engine was not quite as stout as the V I tested but I preferred the C63 interior to the V. The C63 was a little small but it's typically considered much more agile and aggressive than the E63. For those who have driven the E63, how does it compare to the V?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1997BlackETC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon

Re: How does the Benz E63 compare with the CTSV?

For that model year your talking about very close to the V in both handling performance and straight line engine performance, even though the E63 is rated at only 518 hp it is just slightly slower than the V, like about a tenth in the quarter mile, I saw a road course video review and they essentially tied, the Benz shifted better which really helped, they were both automatics. The Benz for most is probably more comfortable, higher quality interior material but it is or was also more expensive, not sure how values stack up now if your buying used one.

shchow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V; 2010 Escalade ESV
    There used to be a show on the Speed Channel called Battle of the Supercars.
    One episode compared the V2 to the E63 that you're referring to.
    You should be able to find that episode online/YouTube.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

I had one on order before my V, and I'm glad that it never came in, so I canceled it. The price difference was significant, and every little thing was extra. Every time I drive my V, I'm glad that I didn't get the E63. Now, that twin-turbo newer one is another story........ That puppy crushes ours in power.

Quote Originally Posted by baabootoo View Post
    I had one on order before my V, and I'm glad that it never came in, so I canceled it. The price difference was significant, and every little thing was extra. Every time I drive my V, I'm glad that I didn't get the E63. Now, that twin-turbo newer one is another story........ That puppy crushes ours in power.
    Only if it has the P30 option which is good for an amazing 590 ft lb's of torque but an additional 7 grand or so if ordered new. It up's the boost levels a lot. The new all wheel drive E63 with the P30 option is going to be amazing, get's up to 60 mph around 1/2 second faster because it is so good off the line. Just can't do burnouts with it though. I dunno if I'm that crazy about the new styling of the front ends though, especially on the new e63 amg cars, looks a little bit strange. A lot of die hard benz fans are really upset about the new styling.

MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The old E63 was pretty comparable to the V. It would have been hard to justify an E63 over the V. For 2014, the E63 brings some things to the table that a V does not: AWD, and turbos.

Given that I live in a winter city, at a high altitude, both of those things are material to me.

The E63 also comes in a Wagon version, the new CTS will not.

Quote Originally Posted by MacBuster View Post
    The old E63 was pretty comparable to the V. It would have been hard to justify an E63 over the V. For 2014, the E63 brings some things to the table that a V does not: AWD, and turbos.

Given that I live in a winter city, at a high altitude, both of those things are material to me.

The E63 also comes in a Wagon version, the new CTS will not.
    Yep, it looks like once they are out of parts for the 2014 CTS-V wagons they are done.

MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by 1997BlackETC View Post
    Yep, it looks like once they are out of parts for the 2014 CTS-V wagons they are done.
    Sad, really.

My time back with Cadillac has been great...but it won't be extended beyond my current V. (Which I hope stays in the family for a long time!)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.