launch control?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dr. Design
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, launch control? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Does the CTS-V have launch control? LC was added to the C6 in the last few years and I wonder ...
    StoneCrab is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic

launch control?

Does the CTS-V have launch control? LC was added to the C6 in the last few years and I wonder if it has been added to CTS-V as well. Interestingly, the C6 (any model) never officially had no-lift shift as a feature, although it was effectively there on my 11 Z06. So I wondered if maybe LC is on the CTS-V as an unadvertised feature. In the Z06, you put it in first gear, wheel straight, comp mode on, floor it and the computer revs to about 4000 and holds it there, then release the clutch and shift without lifting the throttle. The TC system modulates throttle based on wheel spin to maximize acceleration.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

neuronbob is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: launch control?

No launch control. I don't even think the tuners have managed a launch control setting on this car in the now six model years of this iteration of the V.

Sorry, the only launch control is your right foot.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Surely V3 will have launch control, but V2 is a 2009 powertrain. I don't think it's gotten any tweaks since introduction except the automatic shift tightening in 2012.

Also, I think only the GrandSport and Z06 got ZR1's launch control hand-me-down; I could be wrong, but I don't think it ever got down to the base Corvette Coupe and Convertible. I remember it being one of the excuses people had for buying the double-fendered car, er, I mean, I remember it being one of the reasons to upgrade to the GrandSport.

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    They do have no-lift shifting though.

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

With most launches on the 1/4 barely launching, is launch control really necessary?

I mean you just barely hold the gas and mash it right?

HUGN*RDS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 V

when in neutral, the rev limiter I see when holding the pedal to the floor is not > 6krpm, I think it's more like 3800rpm to 4krpm, could be a little lower.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Actually..... We are getting ready to test our new D3/Race Logic system. We have been developing this for about 3 years now for a seamless integration into the CTS-V platform. If everything tests well, it should be pretty slick once its all said and done.

But yes, for now your right foot is launch control.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    No launch control. I don't even think the tuners have managed a launch control setting on this car in the now six model years of this iteration of the V.

Sorry, the only launch control is your right foot.
    neuronbob likes this.

shchow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V; 2010 Escalade ESV
    I can understand the need for launch control in a clutch-less car because there is no way to modulate the engine speed without moving or screwing up the car by brake torquing.
    But I never understood the need for launch control in a car with a clutch.
    The clutch is your launch control as long as you know the optimal RPM to achieve minimal wheel spin for take off.
    I had this conversation with a Chevy engineer when the Camaro ZL-1 was introduced with LC in manual tranny.
    He agreed and pretty much said launch control in a manual car is designed for the novice...

StoneCrab is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by shchow View Post
    I can understand the need for launch control in a clutch-less car because there is no way to modulate the engine speed without moving or screwing up the car by brake torquing.
    But I never understood the need for launch control in a car with a clutch.
    The clutch is your launch control as long as you know the optimal RPM to achieve minimal wheel spin for take off.
    I had this conversation with a Chevy engineer when the Camaro ZL-1 was introduced with LC in manual tranny.
    He agreed and pretty much said launch control in a manual car is designed for the novice...
    LC is actually fairly impressive. The computer balances throttle with just the right amount of wheel spin to maximize acceleration. A perfect driver could do the same, but it is hard to balance it right on that edge, especially in high HP rear drive cars. LC accounts for tarmac condition and weather. I consider myself a decent driver and I couldn't repeat the same performance so consistently. I found it too easy (and fun) to dip a little too much throttle and get a nice power slide. LC is not traction control in the usual sense. Here is a video I took from my 11 Z06/07 demonstrating launch control with no-lift shift. The pedal is held to the floor as soon as the revs come off idle. LC is disabled as soon as you lift the throttle. You can see the RPMs being modulated in first gear as the wheels are spinning.

neuronbob is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

^^^
    Scared to try no lift shift. It's logical to read about, but the motions to do it just seem so unnatural. I'll get there.....

SARDEANIE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by StoneCrab View Post
    LC is actually fairly impressive. The computer balances throttle with just the right amount of wheel spin to maximize acceleration. A perfect driver could do the same, but it is hard to balance it right on that edge, especially in high HP rear drive cars. LC accounts for tarmac condition and weather. I consider myself a decent driver and I couldn't repeat the same performance so consistently. I found it too easy (and fun) to dip a little too much throttle and get a nice power slide. LC is not traction control in the usual sense. Here is a video I took from my 11 Z06/07 demonstrating launch control with no-lift shift. The pedal is held to the floor as soon as the revs come off idle. LC is disabled as soon as you lift the throttle. You can see the RPMs being modulated in first gear as the wheels are spinning.

That's cool as hell!

pat2t2f is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Try it Bob. You'll love it. It is hard to get used to but it's fun.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I actually find the V2 A6 fairly easy to launch compared to previous car. I'm not sure if its just good tires, the handling setup or both.

No specific launch control though.

Tedboss1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

Have look at older threads on this topic.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...h-control.html
    Google is your friend.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.