New Found BIG Problem...Red Flag...Please READ! Help!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, New Found BIG Problem...Red Flag...Please READ! Help! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Okay...so I brought my 2011 V into my local dealership to check on a noise coming from the front driver ...
    MikeJCx9 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Selina - 2011 Black Diamond CTS-V Sedan

New Found BIG Problem...Red Flag...Please READ! Help!

Okay...so I brought my 2011 V into my local dealership to check on a noise coming from the front driver side wheel and I also had a 27 point check, all the fluids checked, amount of metal shavings on the rear diff plug, etc. Well, it turned out to be the lug nuts that were making the clicking noise - Odd! (Go figure?!) So they threw on 20 new lugs and were about to make me pay, when they noticed it was an 11 not a 10 and they then asked how come my rims are not genuine black satin graphite rims nor are my calipers yellow?! I said, beats me, as far as I'm concerned this is just a fully loaded V with a special ordered Black Diamond Paint job. They said, "No. Hold on one sec..." As they typed in my VIN# they re-did it and double checked everything for me then printed me out a copy of what they were looking at on their Workbench program stating and addressing every single original OEM part for my particular car. They highlighted 2 codes specifically and said you have a problem: PCH (Black Diamond Edition with Satin Graphite Wheels & Yellow Calipers and the other code was, J6E - Yellow Calipers.

They told me that there was no record of the rims or calipers EVER being changed or altered whatsoever and that if I ever were to say need a new rim or caliper and the dealer typed in the VIN and ordered a new part it would come yellow and raise a Red flag as to why I have 3 silver calipers and the one that is for my car is yellow...ultimately could lead to screwing me because the vehicles original equipment and properties were altered and it most certainly wasn't with Cadillac because there was no record of it anywhere. They said I should call the dealer that I bought it from immediately andaddress it, but as far as the car goes it checks out perfectly there seems to be absolutely nothing wrong with it according to them otherwise. So as much as I was mad and upset about them telling me this, I was happy that they found, came across and made me aware of it on the same token. So I call up my salesman and he swears up and down that he knew nothing about it being a black diamond edition at all he just took it in as was and sold it and he truly and sincerely apologizes YET, he then slips up and say yes, I knew they were not the Satin Graphite rims, they were Alloys which were painted black. So I then questioned him on why he never disclosed any of this info to me, as if he swept that under the rug hope I didn't question on it and pulled the wool right over my eyes. Continued to say there was nothing he could do...."Sorry." So I tell him I'm going to call the Better Business Bureau and call Cadillac themselves to handle this situation.

Well, I call Cadillac and the two women I speak with are shocked and appalled as they said themselves that something like this has happened. I told them my story and I said my car has been altered they're not original parts and none of this was disclosed to me even tho they knew of it. I get a call back from the woman, Nikki, stating that Mr. Alan Valenti cannot do the calipers bc the checked out safe, but he can swap the rims out for me from a brand new 2013 Coupe. She said so thats my only option...I went ballistic. I said I'm paying top dollar not peanuts for this automobile, and you tell me the only option I have is to drive 3 hours back up to swap rims with a brand new coupe take the coupes satin graphites which dont fit my sedan and throw my now (cuz I know) shitty painted over alloys on a brand new coupe and then try to lessee that or sell that car to some poor person and try to get over on them like they tried or did on myself?! I said I can't believe you can let a business like this represent your name and company, Cadillac GM's top of the line cream of the crop product and your letting shady shit like this go on?! She said well sir do you want to accept that option...I said what option?!?! That's a bullshit option because you cant swap from a coupe to a sedan so its NOT even a viable, doable OPTION...and where do you get off allowing this guy to convince you that this is perfectly OKAY to substitute rims that dont not only fit but are used and painted etc on a brand new car then sell/lease it!!!

Need to speak with Cadillac Financials because apparently my Service Adviser is not doing her job or is in on this crazy, crooked, fishy scheme they got going on cuz nothing about it seems normal. It can't be just me right?!?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

neuronbob is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: New Found BIG Problem...Red Flag...Please READ! Help!

OK.

So I take it that your V is used? The selling dealer took it in as is, and sold it to you, presumably as is. Unless they told you specifically that it is a BDE car, then they did nothing wrong. If it's used, that means the previous owner painted the calipers over. I see no scam or fishiness here, you bought a used car. It would be different if you purchased a car that was damaged, which this one seems not to be.

I would take a deep breath and decide what I wanted out of this. The calipers can be repainted to the original color; maybe a more productive way is to ask the selling dealer to repaint the calipers at their cost. You can sell the silver wheels and use them toward a set of satin graphites if that is your desire.

I do agree that the dealer offering a swap of coupe wheels for your sedan is not cool, but it indicates more ignorance of a rarely sold product than anything else. When I bought my wagon, I had to convince my salesman that the wheel size for wagon and sedan is the same. I didn't hold it against them, I worked with them constructively.

The stock satin graphite wheels ARE aluminum wheels painted black. I know because I own two sets of the satin graphite wheels, have had them off my car, and the barrel is silver. The salesman was correct in this regard.

BTW, the clicking noise is a known problem on the CTS-V. It is from the interface between the aluminum wheel and steel contacts. The change to new lugnuts is the latest of several fixes that Cadillac has tried.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJCx9 View Post
    Okay...so I brought my 2011 V into my local dealership to check on a noise coming from the front driver side wheel and I also had a 27 point check, all the fluids checked, amount of metal shavings on the rear diff plug, etc. Well, it turned out to be the lug nuts that were making the clicking noise - Odd! (Go figure?!) So they threw on 20 new lugs and were about to make me pay, when they noticed it was an 11 not a 10 and they then asked how come my rims are not genuine black satin graphite rims nor are my calipers yellow?! I said, beats me, as far as I'm concerned this is just a fully loaded V with a special ordered Black Diamond Paint job. They said, "No. Hold on one sec..." As they typed in my VIN# they re-did it and double checked everything for me then printed me out a copy of what they were looking at on their Workbench program stating and addressing every single original OEM part for my particular car. They highlighted 2 codes specifically and said you have a problem: PCH (Black Diamond Edition with Satin Graphite Wheels & Yellow Calipers and the other code was, J6E - Yellow Calipers.

They told me that there was no record of the rims or calipers EVER being changed or altered whatsoever and that if I ever were to say need a new rim or caliper and the dealer typed in the VIN and ordered a new part it would come yellow and raise a Red flag as to why I have 3 silver calipers and the one that is for my car is yellow...ultimately could lead to screwing me because the vehicles original equipment and properties were altered and it most certainly wasn't with Cadillac because there was no record of it anywhere. They said I should call the dealer that I bought it from immediately andaddress it, but as far as the car goes it checks out perfectly there seems to be absolutely nothing wrong with it according to them otherwise. So as much as I was mad and upset about them telling me this, I was happy that they found, came across and made me aware of it on the same token. So I call up my salesman and he swears up and down that he knew nothing about it being a black diamond edition at all he just took it in as was and sold it and he truly and sincerely apologizes YET, he then slips up and say yes, I knew they were not the Satin Graphite rims, they were Alloys which were painted black. So I then questioned him on why he never disclosed any of this info to me, as if he swept that under the rug hope I didn't question on it and pulled the wool right over my eyes. Continued to say there was nothing he could do...."Sorry." So I tell him I'm going to call the Better Business Bureau and call Cadillac themselves to handle this situation.

Well, I call Cadillac and the two women I speak with are shocked and appalled as they said themselves that something like this has happened. I told them my story and I said my car has been altered they're not original parts and none of this was disclosed to me even tho they knew of it. I get a call back from the woman, Nikki, stating that Mr. Alan Valenti cannot do the calipers bc the checked out safe, but he can swap the rims out for me from a brand new 2013 Coupe. She said so thats my only option...I went ballistic. I said I'm paying top dollar not peanuts for this automobile, and you tell me the only option I have is to drive 3 hours back up to swap rims with a brand new coupe take the coupes satin graphites which dont fit my sedan and throw my now (cuz I know) shitty painted over alloys on a brand new coupe and then try to lessee that or sell that car to some poor person and try to get over on them like they tried or did on myself?! I said I can't believe you can let a business like this represent your name and company, Cadillac GM's top of the line cream of the crop product and your letting shady shit like this go on?! She said well sir do you want to accept that option...I said what option?!?! That's a bullshit option because you cant swap from a coupe to a sedan so its NOT even a viable, doable OPTION...and where do you get off allowing this guy to convince you that this is perfectly OKAY to substitute rims that dont not only fit but are used and painted etc on a brand new car then sell/lease it!!!

Need to speak with Cadillac Financials because apparently my Service Adviser is not doing her job or is in on this crazy, crooked, fishy scheme they got going on cuz nothing about it seems normal. It can't be just me right?!?
    Hello MikeJCx9,

I apologize for this experience that you have had regarding your CTS-V. I can say that I have not come across this before as well. I am sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with what the agents have told you regarding the resolution. Could you provide me with your case number and VIN in a private message so I can look into this situation for you? Thank you very much for your time. I will be looking for your private message.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

GM-4-LIFE is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 MN6 V Coupe, 2015i Escalade on Order

If you bought the car new, you would have a case. If you bought it used, unfortunately and if the dealer took the car in that way from the previous owner, you are on your own.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Agreed. There are so many people who get the V they want but not the wheels they want and swap/paint/buy wheels they want. Polished, silver, graphite choices create a market. When you buy a used car, you buy whatever was left by the previous owner.

USAFRET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's

This is so common with Corvette's, even I did it with my 2007 Z06. It came with the Competition Gray optional wheels

And traded them with a buddy who had two year newer chrome wheels

So he had my 2007 optional wheels and I had his 2009 optional chrome wheels

CJCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I guess in a nut shell, take off your panties and put your big boy shorts back on.

You didn't know what you were looking at, and the dealer didn't know either.

You bought used. That implies that it's likely been customized in some shape.

If you were so hyper critical about what you wanted, you should have bought it new.

Your 'problems' are incredibly minor and easily fixed by you. Stock rims go for sale frequently, and you can even custom powder your calipers (any color you can imagine including metallic and anodized) via exchange on cts-v owners for about 500 with no down time. And gee, you can even powder coat your wheels while you are at it.

Find another dealer. Again, if they are that retard picky about the fact you have painted wheels and calipers... Find another dealer asap.

It sucks that you don't have what you think you had, but you obviously liked it enough to buy it. Does your not oem parts really change the way you feel about the car today vs yesterday?

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

How do we know his V was used? He didn't say it was. Maybe this was the first time the dealer entered the VIN and actually looked at a part of the car that wasn't congruent with the VIN listing. I'd be going ape-shit if I bought a new V that had parts swapped around on it without my knowing. If this was a new purchase you should work with GM on a real solution and otherwise lawyer up my friend.

Work with Gregory and Laura. From my limited experience with Cadillac customer service, they are very dedicated to making things right. I've been quite impressed with their promptness and perseverance in resolving issues.

CJCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    You are right, I suppose it's possible. The rest still holds true.

MikeJCx9 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Selina - 2011 Black Diamond CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by CJCTSV View Post
    I guess in a nut shell, take off your panties and put your big boy shorts back on.

You didn't know what you were looking at, and the dealer didn't know either.

You bought used. That implies that it's likely been customized in some shape.

If you were so hyper critical about what you wanted, you should have bought it new.

Your 'problems' are incredibly minor and easily fixed by you. Stock rims go for sale frequently, and you can even custom powder your calipers (any color you can imagine including metallic and anodized) via exchange on cts-v owners for about 500 with no down time. And gee, you can even powder coat your wheels while you are at it.

Find another dealer. Again, if they are that retard picky about the fact you have painted wheels and calipers... Find another dealer asap.

It sucks that you don't have what you think you had, but you obviously liked it enough to buy it. Does your not oem parts really change the way you feel about the car today vs yesterday?
    Before you go throwing your wife's panties at me, let me reiterate this for you since you obviously don't know what you're talking about nor the first thing about how business is conducted. Yes, I bought the car USED and YES, I know what I was looking at. However, the thing is, is that I was perfectly okay with the fact that the car was Black Diamond with silver calipers and what I thought were genuine OEM Satin Graphite wheels at the time since I have never actually seen them in person before (only driving multiple V's coupes, wagons, sedans of all years with either polished or silver.) Now, they knowingly KNEW and were very aware that this car was a Black Diamond Edition not JUST a Black Diamond Paint job. I wasn't aware that they even made the BDE in 2011, so in a nutsehll that's why I was okay with it. Now, if they were to have disclosed ALL of the above information prior to me purchasing the vehicle, then I would have immediately questioned as to why the calipers were not yellow (knowing that they automatically come with that particular model) and it would have then solely and 100% been up to me to then still go ahead with the purchase after being "in the know" of what the vehicle actually was and had to offer.

Bottom line is if the car actually had $$$ work done to it they would have jumped to the occasion to make it known and let it reflect on the price and inform me of all changes/improvements, etc. but being that they knew this car had originally started off as a specific model and edition, yet didn't have all of the original parts and components that came with it and that it had defaced in it's value due to whatever reasons and circumstances that the previous owner altered them for. Whether purposefully or not (nothing on record as far as Cadillac service goes, which implies self made changes or 3rd party involvement) YET they assumed that they could just sweep it under the rug and pull the wool over my eyes, which they did.

Now, the owner to show you how shady and unethical he is...proposes to me that he was well informed that they were alloys that were painted black, yet sold it to me describing them as satin graphite which is completely false advertisement and an act of fraud in itself. Then offers me to swap out TRUE satin graphite rims from a brand new 2013 coupe and put my painted alloys from a used 11 sedan on the coupe and then sell it as the black diamond edition. So his intentions were to hopefully just to do the same thing again to somebody else and I suppose hope that they just didn't notice or care to ever bring it up or call them out on it.

IBMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJCx9 View Post
    Before you go throwing your wife's panties at me, let me reiterate this for you since you obviously don't know what you're talking about nor the first thing about how business is conducted. Yes, I bought the car USED and YES, I know what I was looking at. However, the thing is, is that I was perfectly okay with the fact that the car was Black Diamond with silver calipers and what I thought were genuine OEM Satin Graphite wheels at the time since I have never actually seen them in person before (only driving multiple V's coupes, wagons, sedans of all years with either polished or silver.) Now, they knowingly KNEW and were very aware that this car was a Black Diamond Edition not JUST a Black Diamond Paint job. I wasn't aware that they even made the BDE in 2011, so in a nutsehll that's why I was okay with it. Now, if they were to have disclosed ALL of the above information prior to me purchasing the vehicle, then I would have immediately questioned as to why the calipers were not yellow (knowing that they automatically come with that particular model) and it would have then solely and 100% been up to me to then still go ahead with the purchase after being "in the know" of what the vehicle actually was and had to offer.
    HUH?

Only way you might have cause to go back to the dealer is IF they marketed it as a Black Diamond "Edition". And even then, it still is, just one that the original owner swapped parts out on. If you knew what you were looking for, you'd have know the BDE was only produced in 2011 and came with yellow calipers. Unless the dealer told you (or the listing stated) it had the stock wheels, you got what you were sold.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Did you know what a Black Diamond Edition V was?

Was the value defaced in your eyes when you bought the V?

At what point is a dealer being dishonest or shady from just selling a car? You saw the car, you bought the car. Do they have to stop and explain everything to you,in detail, about the V? If it were new and they swapped parts, I'd say they should.

Ultimately, they saw you were interested and they sold you a car as it sat in their lot. Did you ask if the calipers were supposed to be silver and the wheels were graphite and exactly as rolled off the factory floor? Were the parts not OEM or unsafe?

The dealer did exactly what they should. They sold you a safe used car in good shape that made you happy. And when you weren't happy, they tried to make you happy. Even if the suggestion was a bit off...

Boosted2000si is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 10 CTSV

OP bought a car that swapped parts with his 09 buddy prior to turning the car in on lease or trading it in.

If all is right with the brakes, go get he coupe wheels(they look more aggressive and better) and be done with it. You already said you are okay with the color combo so roll with it.

You're down right lucky they didnt just straight void your warranty on the brakes and wheels right when they told you they have been swapped..

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels
    I'm on the fence here but it's far less egregious given its a used car. I just traded a used car for my V and they didn't ask about any history at all. So they wouldn't know the aftermarket or HFC exhaust types, the different rear sway, the custom oil cooler kit, etc. But if the next guy buys it and has an engine failure, the next dealer may tell him his powertrain warranty is toast since he has an aftermarket oil cooler. Did he know or ask for it? No.

Now the flip side is a selling dealer should arguably know and be forthcoming with how a car differs from its VIN. Perhaps next time anyone buying a used car should 1) check the VIN with the vehicle's maker's records and 2) get it inspected by a third party independent.

The final thing is that you were happy with your car last week. Now you get some information that really changes nothing (its only aesthetic and you previously liked the aesthetics) and you're upset. Take what you can from the dealer if they offer you anything. Beyond that, I think this comes with the territory of buying used from any stealership or third party. Everyone is looking for someone to unload their old stuff onto.

neuronbob is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

I never thought I would be defending a dealership.....but here I am. The selling dealership did nothing wrong here. Be reasonable and work with them constructively. I know you are upset, but the car is used and they sold it to you as is. It's not a big deal what color the calipers are unless you are never going to drive it, and want to preserve it for a Barrett-Jackson auction in 30 years....as a "rare" Black Diamond Edition.

You bought it to drive it. Go drive it! It will put the biggest stuff-eating grin on your face every time you hit the go-pedal!

Calipers appear in the Classies occasionally, put yours up for sale or trade.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.