Seat presets, when do the buttons work?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 4 Post By spearfish25
  • 2 Post By garfin
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Seat presets, when do the buttons work? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I've noticed that sometimes the seat memory preset buttons don't respond. Typically it's after I've been driving for a bit. ...
    spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Seat presets, when do the buttons work?

I've noticed that sometimes the seat memory preset buttons don't respond. Typically it's after I've been driving for a bit. Haven't been able to figure out what gets them working again but it seems like cycling the ignition. Is this normal behavior? What's the trick to when it works and when it doesn't?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    I don't think they work unless you're in Park. I know mine don't. If this condition persists in Park get it checked. May be a faulty switch/module.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Re: Seat presets, when do the buttons work?

You can, however, adjust and tweak your seat adjustments while driving. Then press the button to hear those magic two beeps meaning the preset is reset to your new, tweaked position.

So what is considered Park on a 6MT?
    tinman, tinman, Haze and 1 others like this.

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    So what is considered Park on a 6MT?
    From the manual...

To recall memory positions, the vehicle must be in P (Park) for an automatic transmission or the parking brake applied for a manual transmission. Press and release either button1 or button2. A single beep will sound. The seat,
    outside mirrors, and steering wheel will move to the position previously stored for the identified driver. If the Remote Keyless Entry(RKE) transmitter is used to enter the vehicle and the remote recall memory feature is on, automatic
    seat and mirror movement occur. On vehicles with the Keyless Access System, automatic adjustment occurs when the driver door is opened.To stop recall movement of the memory feature at any time, press one of the power seat controls, memory buttons, power tilt wheel control, or power mirror buttons. If something has blocked the driver seat or the steering column while recalling a memory position, the recall may stop. Remove the obstruction, then press the appropriate control for the area that is not recalling for two seconds. Try recalling the memory position again by pressing the appropriate memory button. If the memory position is still not recalling, see your dealer/retailer for service.

Best regards,

Elie
    Haze and Haze like this.

Thanks Elie. Strangely the buttons work (and sporadically) without the parking brake. I rarely use the e-brake for anything.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

I just worked this out for myself yesterday.
    I understand why they limit the recall function to when the parking brake is on, but it just makes me hate the parking brake more.
    I set #2 for mirrors-down, i.e. curb / line spotting. I'm not used to exactly where the car ends just yet, so aiming the mirrors down for tight parking maneuvers is helpful.
    But the electric parking brake is slow to engage/disengage, so actually switching to #2 is annoying.

Yeah. I wanted to do the #2 mirror down thing too. So to parallel park I have to pull up, stop, engage the ebrake, hit #2 and let the mirror move, disengage the brake, and then park. Oy. At least my wheels will survive.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Oy. lol

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

Quote Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
    Yeah. I wanted to do the #2 mirror down thing too. So to parallel park I have to pull up, stop, engage the ebrake, hit #2 and let the mirror move, disengage the brake, and then park. Oy. At least my wheels will survive.
    Yeah...I got fed up with that routine as well. I have the switch set to adjust the passenger side mirror, so when I park or back up, I just touch the "down" arrow for the mirror for a couple of seconds so I can see the curb. The mirror goes back to the pre-set position automatically when you start the car again. A lot faster than engaging position #2.

Best regards,

Elie

VMoose is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Stealth Blue Metallic CTS-V Wagon

Not a fan of this routine either. I've been using the method Elie posted.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.