Question for you Cali owners
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Question for you Cali owners in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; ...
    AussiePete is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Wagon

Question for you Cali owners

I'm considering buying a 2011 Vagon with 30K miles(the one on the classifieds), which has already been modded with: Hennessey Cold Air Intake, Corsa Sport axle-back, ported snout with 2.55” upper pulley/solid isolator and a tune. My question is on Smog, will this thing pass visual inspection or will we need half of this reverted to original? I would if anything prefer to buy an un-modded Vagon and do it myselfbut those are about what I would do anyway.

cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Re: Question for you Cali owners

My dealer service rep told me he'd be happy to install an Airaid for me, but that when it came time for a smog inspection it'd have to be swapped back to stock.

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

Someone who knows what their doing will look for a CARB EO # on the aftermarket CAI. The axle-back doesn't matter and I doubt the rest of it would be caught by a visual.

Off-topic: The tune is interesting though; I don't know the latest, but I read somewhere that there was a proposal to begin checking ECUs for modification; however, this would only be for cars at a certain model year in the future going forward. Anyone familiar with the latest?

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Quote Originally Posted by GMX322V S/C View Post
    Someone who knows what their doing will look for a CARB EO # on the aftermarket CAI. The axle-back doesn't matter and I doubt the rest of it would be caught by a visual.

Off-topic: The tune is interesting though; I don't know the latest, but I read somewhere that there was a proposal to begin checking ECUs for modification; however, this would only be for cars at a certain model year in the future going forward. Anyone familiar with the latest?
    PRK "STAR" Program. There are various threads & posts on this subject. 2000 & newer, I believe. Whether they use the sniffer is at the discretion of the smog technician.

Vileem is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

If you know the right smog station you can pass the visial, sometimes for extra $, can it pass the actual test would be a bigger issue IMO.

PNBLWZD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Black Diamond Sedan, 09 CTS-V (sold), STS-V (sold)

I learned the other day that OnStar can check these vehicles' mileage. I already knew they could read a CEL code, but was surprised to hear about the mileage. I bet they can also already see if the tune has been modified, and plenty of other things.

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

I have heard that they can check & / or verify whether the tune is modified, but I have heard that they can't get into the counter that counts how many times the computer has been tuned & / or changed out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.