rocking recaro fix
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Cadillac Cust Svc
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, rocking recaro fix in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; So.. not sure if this has been reported here, but there is now an official rocking recaro fix. 09-08-50-004B This ...
    genna is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS-V Sedan BDE, Manual

rocking recaro fix

So.. not sure if this has been reported here, but there is now an official rocking recaro fix.

09-08-50-004B

This involves some washers and retainer clips according to my service advisor.

I just had it done on my MY11 today under warranty and so far the seat is solid as rock!

The thing that has me worried a bit is Cadillac's approach to things(or at least Cadillac dealer's approach). Coming from BMW and previously Infinity, I'm used to 2 responses from a dealer when you have an issue: 1. we can't duplicate it, 2. we'll fix it. I've never encountered, "I see what you mean, but it's normal", when it's clearly not normal which later became "yes, this is a problem, but we can't/don't know how to fix it because GM hasn't come up with a fix"... Luckily, they searched deeper and found the fix, but still... it has me worried about potential future issues.

cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

Re: rocking recaro fix

Nice, I'm sure a lot of people will be bringing their cars in for this.

stl_ls1gto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO

can you post the tsb number?

didn't I post it? the number I have on my receipt is 09-08-50-004B. I'm assuming that's the TSB, but not sure.. that's all i have though

in fact this is the statement on my repair receipt:

"Tech road tested and confirmed noise and movement in left front seat, inspected and found nothing loose or damaged, found 09-08-50-004B was advised to install felt washers and new retainer clip"

Then:

Installed 11610860: N-Nut(14896-K) qty:2
    Installed 11610861: N-Washer(14896-K) qty:2

Tech installed felt washer and replaced retainer clip.

Hope that helps

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by genna View Post
    So.. not sure if this has been reported here, but there is now an official rocking recaro fix.

09-08-50-004B

This involves some washers and retainer clips according to my service advisor.

I just had it done on my MY11 today under warranty and so far the seat is solid as rock!

The thing that has me worried a bit is Cadillac's approach to things(or at least Cadillac dealer's approach). Coming from BMW and previously Infinity, I'm used to 2 responses from a dealer when you have an issue: 1. we can't duplicate it, 2. we'll fix it. I've never encountered, "I see what you mean, but it's normal", when it's clearly not normal which later became "yes, this is a problem, but we can't/don't know how to fix it because GM hasn't come up with a fix"... Luckily, they searched deeper and found the fix, but still... it has me worried about potential future issues.

cheers.
    Hello genna,

I am happy to hear the dealership was able to further research on your behalf and find the fix for you. I do understand where you are coming from, in regards to what the dealership states to a customer for an issue that can't be fixed. I don't want you to have to worry about your potential issues. Enjoy driving your Cadillac! If there are ever any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service
    genna and genna like this.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I can assure you...BMW warranty and service is not always....red carpet...

Great to hear OP - I have an oil change due, I'll ask about the fix. My seats aren't bad, but they do move. It doesn't bother me as it seems as if only positions exhibit the issue, but if they have a fix great!

Oh, i'm not implying that BMW service is great. Probably pretty far from it, but they will fix your problem if they can see it... they may fix 5 other things completely unrelated to it and charge you for it, but they'd never refuse working on it.

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Thanks!

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

I've asked numerous times to be contacted when a fix is available. Haven't received any calls, what a fkn surprise! Thanks for posting that info. Mine rock so bad I'd consider it dangerous when accelerating and/or braking hard. The service guys didn't really care...

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

I heard from others that this fix only fixes side to side rocking (which doesn't happen to most people)
    TECHNICAL
    Bulletin No.: 09-08-50-004B
    Date: June 13, 2012
    Subject: Front Seat(s) Lateral Seat Clunk (Install Felt Washer, Replace Clip)
    Models:
    2008-2012 Cadillac CTS (All Models)
    Built Prior to December 1, 2011
    Supercede:
    This bulletin is being revised to update the build date and add model years. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 09-08-50-004A (Section 08 - Body and Accessories).
    Condition
    Some customers may comment that the driver or passenger seats display a lateral movement (side to side) and/or a clunking noise.
    Cause
    This condition may be due to excessive movement between the seat frame rails and the front riser tube on the seat bottom frame/adjuster assembly.
    Correction

1. Remove the affected seat and lower seat cover. Refer to Front Seat Cushion Cover and Pad Replacement in SI.

2. Remove the existing push nut from the seat frame using two screwdrivers (1).

3. Ensure all of the clip is removed and the tube is clear of any debris (1).

4. Install the felt washer over the tube end (1).
    5. Place the new push nut on the tube against the felt washer and hold in place.

6. Place a 25 mm (1.0 in) twelve-point socket against the push nut and over the end of the tube. Ensure that the socket is flush and even against the push nut. Install the push nut with a hammer (1).

7. Inspect and verify that the push nut is seated against the orange bushing (1).
    8. Repeat Steps 2-7 on the opposite side of the seat.
    9. Install the seat in the vehicle and verify the procedure corrected the condition.
    Parts Information
    From an earlier post. And looks like this TSB has been out since last year so not the fix we're looking for. Sorry to disappoint

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.