Anybody Else Ever Experience This?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Anybody Else Ever Experience This? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Took the car through a no-touch wash on Saturday and after drying it off started the drive home. A few ...
    garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

Anybody Else Ever Experience This?

Took the car through a no-touch wash on Saturday and after drying it off started the drive home. A few minutes into the trip, the cruise cuts out, the bell chimes and the DIC says "Stabilitrak Off" with the warning light on. I press the TC button a few times and cycle it through "Competitive Mode", "Stabilitrak Off" and back to default. A minute or 2 later - same thing happens all over again. This happened every few minutes (3 or 4 more times until I reached home). The car showed no other symptoms and when I got home, I scanned for codes and there was nothing in the memory. I let it sit overnight and it out for a spin the next morning. Drove it about 7 or 8 miles and the car was perfectly normal.
    I know there have been a few instance of faulty sensors, debris getting caught in a sensor or a bad accelerator position sensor, which the dealer can remedy. But this time, it looks like the issue has fixed itself!
    Just wondering if anybody has experienced the getting "fixed on its own" thing?

Best regards,

Elie

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Re: Anybody Else Ever Experience This?

I've read some other accounts of the car having some gremlins associated with water. I even think Motor Trend replaced a window motor/harness because it would open ever time it rained. The Cadillacs don't seem to appreciate water.

stl_ls1gto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO

on my pickup, esp when it is cold out, if water freezes or sometimes covers up the backup sensors that will cause the "stabilitrack off" message to come on. After it melts and they are uncovered, it is all good.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Are the backup sensors used by stabilitrack? Perhaps the thawing of the sensors is coincident with thawing of another sensor elsewhere that enables stabilitrack.

stl_ls1gto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO

i don't know, but it comes up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.