Can you help me identify this differential cooling connector?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Can you help me identify this differential cooling connector? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I picked up a differential cooler from D3 last week, and while the kit is fairly complete, the wiring is ...
    PeteK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 1972 Eldorado Convertible

Can you help me identify this differential cooling connector?

I picked up a differential cooler from D3 last week, and while the kit is fairly complete, the wiring is still a rather DIY endeavor. Being a somewhat anal engineer and assuming that these cars are wired from the factory to support the unicorn-like OEM diff cooler, I went looking for the OEM connector to use as a source of power. After some digging, I think I found it under (over?) the muffler. It's a two-wire connector with what looks like appropriate gauge wire, with a cap installed in the plug from the factory.

I wasn't able to find that connector on alldata, so I was hoping someone with a factory service manual (or first-hand experience) could help identify the part number so I can find the mating connector to use for the diff cooler kit. If anyone could help, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
    -Pete K
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SilverrV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: Can you help me identify this differential cooling connector?

whatever you do , don't cut the yellow wire.

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels
    Interesting. Since I'll be installing the same kit eventually too, I'll look at my FSM tonight and see what I can come up with. How do you like the kit otherwise?

Alex

flatrockguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Raven V Sedan, M6, Graphite Rims, Yellow Brembos

Here is the info your looking for, I think. Let me know if you need more..

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

Sweet. Let us know how it works out. This will be a future project for me.

PeteK is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 1972 Eldorado Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by flatrockguy View Post
    Here is the info your looking for, I think. Let me know if you need more..
    Actually, I think that's the connector for the pump itself, which is part of the wiring harness that would be included with the OEM kit. I found the correct connector (attached). The service connector is a ridiculous $60 so I've found the Delphi OEM part and I'll put it together myself. I'll probably also use the same connectors for pump and fan connections (which is probably overkill, but hey why not).

The only question I have now is where the relay location is and whether or not it's installed from the factory. Alldata lists it generically as 'Behind Left Rear strut Tower, but doesn't have anything further' I'm guessing it is already installed, since a relay isn't included with the OEM kit, but I'll probably just wait for the connector parts to arrive and test for voltage.

Thanks!
    -PeteK
    Attached Files

flatrockguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Raven V Sedan, M6, Graphite Rims, Yellow Brembos

Here is where the manual states the relay is "Differential Cooler Pump Relay (KNR)
    In the luggage compartment, to the rear of the left strut tower 15 in (39 cm)"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.