New Review of the V-Wagon - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, New Review of the V-Wagon in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Random84 +1 But who buys a car like this because of the iPod adapter (or lack thereof)? ...
    neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: New Review of the V-Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post
    +1

But who buys a car like this because of the iPod adapter (or lack thereof)?
    Well damn, I'm just going to sell my car because it didn' come with an iPhone 5 adapter. Screw this!

Seriously, everyone is spending too much time concentrating on the 45 seconds the presenter was talking out of his ass at the beginning, and not on the other 7 minutes where he was extremely positive about the V wagon. I submit that he is not a bozo. See the positive folks! Remember, people dream about driving a V wagon, especially a stick version. We are living the dream, people! The fact is that most ordinary people can't afford a V period, let alone a V wagon, so we get approached at every gas stop (or at least I do).

r_calif is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob View Post
    Well damn, I'm just going to sell my car because it didn' come with an iPhone 5 adapter. Screw this!

Seriously, everyone is spending too much time concentrating on the 45 seconds the presenter was talking out of his ass at the beginning, and not on the other 7 minutes where he was extremely positive about the V wagon. I submit that he is not a bozo. See the positive folks! Remember, people dream about driving a V wagon, especially a stick version. We are living the dream, people! The fact is that most ordinary people can't afford a V period, let alone a V wagon, so we get approached at every gas stop (or at least I do).
    Fair enough. It's just more fun to mock...!
    IBMike and IBMike like this.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Sorry, not giving him credit for being positive. Every little schlub review of the CTS-V Wagon -- and there's probably one review for every five cars built -- has that "don't bite the hand that feeds me" glow. Everybody wants to like a 556hp luxury sport wagon they got to hoon on the builder's dime. So this guy spent a little more time on the tech... and got more details wrong. I don't see the value of more (belated) mish-mash exposure at this point.
    neuronbob and neuronbob like this.

sfvagon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon 6MT

I was also a bit surprised to see that review pop up in my feed. Aside from the fact that the V-Wagon is near the end of it's run, the nav/entertainment/toys are kind of beside the point in this car - certainly what we have in the current model is of very little of interest to someone interested in Car "Tech" (the tech emphasis being on Information Technology, who I assume are CNET's audience).

It was interesting reading the comments though. We all know already that this car is not for most people, and I dare say that's an integral part of its appeal.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

**resumes living the dream**

MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

CNET is a computer / tech site. The only reason they started doing car reviews was to compare the tech inside...mostly the navigation systems, audio, and such. So this review came as no surprise to me. CNET reviews always follow this formula. What I find odd is the fact that he's reviewing a 6 year old technology. What's the point of that?

I suspect he ran into the opportunity to drive the car, wanted it for the day, and justified it with the review. I don't blame him.

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Yeah, comments are funny. You know all of the haters would take one in hearbeat. Also seems a lot of international commentors which the first inclination is to compare it to xxxxxx. Most of which we don't have here in the states or is double priced.
    Xaqtly and Xaqtly like this.

elphil is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Really Cool '11 CTS-V Wagon

I liked his comment on the car's power. Even when your driving without your foot on the floor and the SC pumping, this is a very powerful vehicle. No matter the driving situation there's plenty of power at a touch of the accelerator.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.