CTS-V poser
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS-V poser in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Ok, so I was driving my truck, doing truck stuff that my Caddy couldn't do, and I saw a CTS ...
    SammyW is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V coupe

CTS-V poser

Ok, so I was driving my truck, doing truck stuff that my Caddy couldn't do, and I saw a CTS coupe (that was not a V) sporting a V emblem on the trunk lid. The engine displacement emblem was obviously removed and replaced with the V.
    The question I have is, should I be offended or,
    is imitation the sincerest form of flattery?
    Secretly I wished I was in my V to give the "Really?" look......
    Club Malibu and Club Malibu like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Re: CTS-V poser

Pretty soon we'll have to ask: Which one?

V/

or

V#

FLTRI is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 V-Wagon & 2012 SRX Premium

Back in the mid 90's, I had a ZR-1 (we used the hyphen back then). Wife & I are walking out of a business, and we see a teal 91 standard Corvette, with ZR-1 emblems on it. Wife is a gear-head too, so we are both eyeballing it. Owner appears, and we both start asking him about his Vette. He puffs up and starts quoting HP, torque, 0-60, top end, etc. (Most of which were wrong, btw). Wife asks why it is an auto, and he says he special ordered it that way. One of a kind.

Riiiight...

I leave my wife alone with the guy, and slide off to go get my car. She knows how to play the game, so she gives him a little flirt as soon as I walk off. I show up about a minute later, in a real ZR-1. Get out, open the door for my wife, and roll into the Borla's as we drive off.

I didn't know anyones face could turn that red...
    quikag, quikag, tinman and 13 others like this.

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

I suppose it could work the other-way around too. I saw in a photo the emblem HYBRID on a CTS-V once. I know it was a joke...so are all the "greenies" going to be offended or flattery?

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

^could have been a volt with a cts body kit

MEDISIN is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondWhtV View Post
    I suppose it could work the other-way around too. I saw in a photo the emblem HYBRID on a CTS-V once. I know it was a joke...so are all the "greenies" going to be offended or flattery?
    Hybrid in terms of it burns both gas AND oil lol

I've never understood the re-badging/de-badging of regular cars to emulate higher-end cars. As if driving a Cadillac CTS or BMW 528 is a bad thing. Someone who pulls up next to you in a real performace car is going to embarrass you anyway. Car enthusiasts are going to be able to tell the difference. So who are you fooling??

It is funny though when a performance car works backward to look like the base car and then blows your doors off lol

Xaqtly is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 WD Vagon 6MT "Unobtainicorn"

Yep sleepers are awesome. This is my old Sentra SE-R.

Stock SR20DE 2 liter engine built up with low compression 300ZX pistons, forged rods, piston coolers, all kinds of internal goodies and a massive honking turbo kit. Custom adjustable suspension with more shock travel than stock, huge Wilwood brakes, But it was all stock on the outside other than the wheels. At the default wastegate setting (10 psi), it made 350 HP. The turbo wasn't even fully efficient until 18 psi. It only weighed 2400 lbs, that car was mind-explodingly fast. Imagine putting the LSA into a Miata and you'll get the idea.

But the best part was that it looked stock. I loved driving that car, it was fun as hell.

Even kept the stock front bumper.

quikag and quikag like this.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

the hybrid V is a joke ... it burns gas and rubber!
    RogersV, Kyle_B and Kyle_B like this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

cdog533 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

I was thinking of throwing some V badges on my Escalade....

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyW
    The question I have is, should I be offended or,
    is imitation the sincerest form of flattery?
    You know, that has always been a double-edged sword for me as long as I can recall. It's a little bit of both emotions coming out.

USAFRET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's

My advice take 550 ft pounds and 556 HP to the limit and call me in the morning.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    A 2.0T badge on the V2 trunk lid would be a conversation piece.

Jud
    Jud

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

One could fashion a 6.2 badge from the ATS 2.5 and 3.6 badges.

readyact is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

At the gym where I visit often during the winter I would always see this “V”. Even when it’s icy and heavy snow out I would see this “V” parked in the lot. I noticed on the hood bulge there are V emblems and I’m like that looks so stupid. So I’m like if I ever run into this guy I’m going to ask how the heck are you driving the “V” on those tires in the snow and ice as once it gets below 38 without any winter tires you are in for a fun ride. I rarely bring my V out even if the pavement is bone dry once the temp drops below 40 as I learned that lesson riding on the OEM tires when I first got my V. Anyway one day I started really looking at the car and notice the tailpipes didn’t seem right nor did the rear deck spoiler or rear tires all though all four wheels are V wheels. So I’m looking at the car as it has the V hood, grills and the front is an exact match of a real V. All of a sudden out comes a lady who jumps in the ride, starts the car up and bang…the darn thing sounds like a weak 6 banger. I started shaking my head and realize somehow the car has the exact front section of a real V sans the V emblems on the hood bulge, but the rear is a dead give-away of an imposter, but at least she’s pretty hot.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by readyact
    At the gym where I visit often during the winter I would always see this &ldquo;V&rdquo;. Even when it&rsquo;s icy and heavy snow out I would see this &ldquo;V&rdquo; parked in the lot. I noticed on the hood bulge there are V emblems and I&rsquo;m like that looks so stupid. So I&rsquo;m like if I ever run into this guy I&rsquo;m going to ask how the heck are you driving the &ldquo;V&rdquo; on those tires in the snow and ice as once it gets below 38 without any winter tires you are in for a fun ride. I rarely bring my V out even if the pavement is bone dry once the temp drops below 40 as I learned that lesson riding on the OEM tires when I first got my V. Anyway one day I started really looking at the car and notice the tailpipes didn&rsquo;t seem right nor did the rear deck spoiler or rear tires all though all four wheels are V wheels. So I&rsquo;m looking at the car as it has the V hood, grills and the front is an exact match of a real V. All of a sudden out comes a lady who jumps in the ride, starts the car up and bang&hellip;the darn thing sounds like a weak 6 banger. I started shaking my head and realize somehow the car has the exact front section of a real V sans the V emblems on the hood bulge, but the rear is a dead give-away of an imposter, but at least she&rsquo;s pretty hot.
    I would be suspicious that she started out as a woman, given her pretend "V."

Jud
    Jud

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.