CTS-V poser - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS-V poser in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I'd move on and slyly smile............
    baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

Re: CTS-V poser

I'd move on and slyly smile.........

readyact is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    I would be suspicious that she started out as a woman, given her pretend "V."

Jud
    How true.

Purple87SS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Black Raven CTS-V, 1987 Turbo Buick WE4

Saw this on FB and thuoght of this thread...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Attached Images
    FLTRI and FLTRI like this.

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

I went the other way. I have a '09 CTS-V and just had it polished out and had the detailer remove all of the badging except the wreath & Cad emblem.
    If I had the cash, I would go all the way and replace the front grills, wheels, & hood with the standard CTS parts.
    With the stock CTS tires, I think that you would have to feather it until about 60 MPH or so or you would be all over the road.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Wells
    I went the other way. I have a '09 CTS-V and just had it polished out and had the detailer remove all of the badging except the wreath & Cad emblem.
    If I had the cash, I would go all the way and replace the front grills, wheels, & hood with the standard CTS parts.
    With the stock CTS tires, I think that you would have to feather it until about 60 MPH or so or you would be all over the road.
    Great idea except leave the wheels and tires alone; they're really important for these cars. The average doofus won't notice anyway, and there are a lot of those around.

Jud
    Jud

SammyW is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V coupe

Jud you are awesome.... Just Sayin'

stl_ls1gto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO

I think some of the AMG cars that have the AMG sport package put that on the car.......like the SRT-design cars that have the exterior pieces of the SRT package, but not the performance parts.

I am cool with debadging cars, I think sometimes shaving off all things tacked onto cars looks cool.......putting on fake badges is for D-bags though.

MikeG-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 V
    Saw my first poser yesterday, single exhaust w emblems. Was more curious than anything that people actually do that. Don't see many (real) Vs as it is, so what's the point?

Maybe I should pull my emblems and get cts4 badges and go around looking for these weirdos?

M

m5biemer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS V Wagon, Audi RS4, Jeep SRT8

Not to jack this thread, but when we were in the BMW M3 game, there were many posers trying to turn 3 series cars into M3's by the addition of the motorsport badge. Seems like this is a universal trick for many higher end cars.

SoCalCTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
    Offended? Who cares. It's funny.

elevated is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I live in the poser capital of the world, Miami. Never seen a posing V, but plenty......and I mean PLENTY of AMG cars with the fake badges. You even see the fake 6.3amg emblems on the sides of some entry level cars.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevated
    I live in the poser capital of the world, Miami. Never seen a posing V, but plenty......and I mean PLENTY of AMG cars with the fake badges. You even see the fake 6.3amg emblems on the sides of some entry level cars.
    Ha haa! I'll bet the local MB dealers have plenty of those badges in stock to put wherever the customer wants. Posers need to have those badges plastered on all sides so their bad taste is never in doubt.

Jud
    Jud

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by m5biemer View Post
    Not to jack this thread, but when we were in the BMW M3 game, there were many posers trying to turn 3 series cars into M3's by the addition of the motorsport badge. Seems like this is a universal trick for many higher end cars.
    To be fair, sometimes BMW would put M stuff into regular cars. Also there is a big dealership group in Texas that used something that looked like the M badge as their dealership badge so every car sold from there looked like someone just threw a M badge on it.

MReiland is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 13 Volt, 2008 Outlook XR (05 CTS Blk/Blk Traded-in)

Quote Originally Posted by ptrd View Post
    To be fair, sometimes BMW would put M stuff into regular cars. Also there is a big dealership group in Texas that used something that looked like the M badge as their dealership badge so every car sold from there looked like someone just threw a M badge on it.
    Yep I remember seeing those in Texas, the dealership was something like Momentum BMW and their logo was essentially the M Badge, how cheezy.

Lancekl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V coupe

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG-V View Post
    Saw my first poser yesterday, single exhaust w emblems. Was more curious than anything that people actually do that. Don't see many (real) Vs as it is, so what's the point?

Maybe I should pull my emblems and get cts4 badges and go around looking for these weirdos?

M
    Saw one in in the Atlanta area a couple of weeks ago. CTS Coupe with V emblems. Standard CTS exhaust and grill. Pulled up next to him at a light and he
    wouldn't look at me. LOL

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.