Cadillac Owners Forum banner

When can I order a 2014 CTS-V?

11K views 56 replies 20 participants last post by  Car dude V 
#1 ·
I made the decision last month to wait and order a 2014 CTS-V configured exactly as I like instead of buying a '13 off the lot. At the time, rumor had it that Cadillac would start accepting orders on June 10 (tomorrow). Does anyone know whether this date is still good? If so, I will plan a visit to the dealer.

Also, what do you think I should pay for the car? A couple folks have posted that I should pay "invoice price". Is that the same as I would find on Edmunds.com? I understand the dealership has to make money, but I don't want to get ripped off and pay way too much, either. I would prefer to buy from my local dealer, but maybe I should call a few others and compare prices. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance! -Kyle

#39 ·
I ordered a 2014 CTS-V Wagon today.
Obsession Red Tintoat
Recaro
Polished wheels
Yellow calipers
Ebony interior
Sunroof
Midnight Sapelle wood trim

I have a Crystal Red 2010 CTS Sport Wagon and like it perhaps more than any car I've ever owned (and have owned about 30). I've wanted a V wagon (only 1200 sold in 4 model years) ever since they came out for 2011. To me it's the best of all worlds - performance and utility combined. Don't know if it's true but the sales manager of Moore Cadillac in Chantilly VA says that Cadillac will only make 750 V's - in all trims and that they will produce the cars early in the model year and then cease CTS-V production. Anybody else hear that?

#41 ·
^^^^
I have heard that independently from two other dealers as well, from two different parts of the country. While I generally follow the axiom "dealers know nothing", someone is feeing this information to them. Who knows what GM will actually do. I can't see them turning down orders, personally, until they decide to shut down production. After all, at this point in the model cycle, every V they sell is pure profit.

#42 ·
I would sure like to know if true, as I am considering a V order but later in the year. Can GM customer service help confirm production timelines for us? It does seem odd that this info seems to keep popping up. If it is on the interwebs it must be true though (haha)!

The only reasons I can think they would want to limit V2 production would be to reduce overlap with the new 2014 CTS Vsport (reduce confusion), and maybe if there is some impact to CAFE/emissions related to the new CTS.

#43 ·
Cadillac dealers all come together for product launches and new model info. It's not hard to imagine rumors flying and getting distorted through those meetings. So I wouldn't put much more faith in a rumor just because it came from two dealers instead of one.

#49 · (Edited)
There will still be a CTS-V. Several GM folks have implied or even said so when asked. However, there have been no announcements. Nothing is known for sure about technical content or availability date. It's a good guess that it will have a supercharged variant of the LT1. Some have said turbocharged, but there was a leaked CAD of a C7 Corvette engine bay with an obviously-supercharged engine back in December, so that's the horse I'm backing.

I wouldn't count on it being a MY2015 car, though. Had the ATS-V arrived on the expected "one year later" schedule, we would have seen it six months ago. I doubt we'll see that car until November at best, with production not for months after that. With the CTS Vsport not arriving in showrooms until December or January IIRC, and suggestions of CTS-V 2.0 production through next June, I'd bet on the CTS-V being a MY2016 car, or at least a very late/short MY2015. This, because downsized GM can only handle so many launches at a time (and there's both a ZR1ish Corvette and an all-new Camaro also in the pipe), and Cadillac probably wants both the CTS Vsport and the ATS-V to get their time in the media spotlight.

But anybody who knows isn't talking, so make your own best guess.

.Jinx

#51 ·
I got my new car and I love it! It's just like my 2009, only better --now I have a backup camera. The Recaro's are a bit firmer than I recall, but I'm sure I'll get them broken in soon enough. I posted a few photos in the delivered sectionin case you'd like to take a look.

I highly recommend Tropical Cadillac to anyone in West Central Florida. I paid invoice - a GM incentive (another luxury car leased in the household) and I think they gave me a fair price for my trade.

----------

Here's a shot of my youngest son & I picking her up:

#54 ·
That's my combo except that I have a wagon and yellow calipers. Congrats after your long wait and enjoy in good health!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.