Cadillac Owners Forum banner

When can I order a 2014 CTS-V?

11K views 56 replies 20 participants last post by  Car dude V 
#1 ·
I made the decision last month to wait and order a 2014 CTS-V configured exactly as I like instead of buying a '13 off the lot. At the time, rumor had it that Cadillac would start accepting orders on June 10 (tomorrow). Does anyone know whether this date is still good? If so, I will plan a visit to the dealer.

Also, what do you think I should pay for the car? A couple folks have posted that I should pay "invoice price". Is that the same as I would find on Edmunds.com? I understand the dealership has to make money, but I don't want to get ripped off and pay way too much, either. I would prefer to buy from my local dealer, but maybe I should call a few others and compare prices. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance! -Kyle

#10 ·
Thanks for the reply. I am so irritated with my local dealer --they just don't seem to know anything! I have been dealing with them since they are closest to me, but they have been nothing but a roadblock so far. I may call dealer #4 here shortly...

#13 ·
I called dealer #4 and he immediately told me that there will not be a CTS-V sedan in 2014. Not off to a good start. :)

After a short conversation about things I'd read on the Internet, he said he'd check into it and call me back. To his credit, he called back right away with the good news.

I'm planning to put down my deposit and seal the deal in the morning. Wish me luck!

#18 ·
All went well this morning at the dealer. I feel they gave me a decent price, I gave them a $2K deposit, and they said the order will be submitted on Thursday. Why not today? I don't know. Hopefully, Thursday will be soon enough. I'll post another reply when we get something official back from Cadillac, like a build date. In case anyone is curious, here's what I ordered:

2014 CTS-V Sedan
Opulent Blue Metallic
Ebony/Ebony, Leather Seating Surfaces with Sueded fabric inserts
19" Satin Graphite wheels
Midnight Sapele Wood Trim Package
6-speed manual transmission
Brembo brake calipers, Red
RECARO performance seats
Sueded steering wheel and shift knob
Wheel locks (Dealer-installed)
Grille, Black chrome (Dealer-installed)

I am planning to tint the windows (20%), plasti-dip some of the chrome, change to Corsa Sport axle-back exhaust, and maybe drop it a bit with the D3 lowering springs.

#25 ·
Kyle,

GM picks up orders on certain days. They don't pick up or accept dealer orders right away. Your dealer will give you an order number once GM accepts the dealer's order and that's what will allow you to track your order from start to finish. Until GM accepts the order, there is nothing the dealer will be able to give you.

When your dealer gives you your order number, post it or PM it to me and I can track it via GM Global and through the DBC (dealer business center) and let you know where your car is in the build process. i can give you the event status and tell you what it means. I would be more than happy to do it for anyone else on the forum wondering where their cars are in the build process. I can get you the TPW (target production week) for your car once GM assigns it the specific build week.

#32 ·
Another OBM V. I absolutely cannot get enough of that color. I have literally spent hours just going back and forth to the garage just to gawk at my own car....and I've owned it exactly 6 months today.

#34 ·
I've had my red sedan over 4 years now and I still admire it often! I spent quite a bit of time perusing the "delivered pics" section before finally deciding on OBM for the new sedan. Initially, I thought I wanted TG, but I kept lingering on photos of the blue cars.

#37 ·
Having gone through the ordering process, I am crazy excited for Kyle, too. :thumbsup: When you order, the number "3800" becomes your mantra.....repeat after me....3800.....3800....3800.... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.