Thoughts on CTS V3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Thoughts on CTS V3 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Curious your thoughts on the 3rd gen CTS V. Will it have a twin turbo version of LT1? Or supercharged? ...
    StoneCrab is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thoughts on CTS V3

Curious your thoughts on the 3rd gen CTS V. Will it have a twin turbo version of LT1? Or supercharged? 600+ hp? 200 lbs lighter than V2?

Will it have a true manual option? Will the auto be a dual clutch?

Will there be a coupe and wagon variant?

And if it is a version of the LT1 with direct injection, displacement on demand, and variable valve timing, what will that mean for aftermarket performance upgrade options? I am sure it will be upgradeable but it might take some time for the aftermarket to develop some good technology, just like on the c7.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PNBLWZD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Black Diamond Sedan, 09 CTS-V (sold), STS-V (sold)

Re: Thoughts on CTS V3

2 people I know that work at 2 different Cadillac dealers in sales said there has been no official release, but they are hearing the V3 will have the same 580HP LSA motor as the Camaro ZL1

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Dealers know little to nothing ahead of time. Speculation is super-fun, though!

It had better not have just a 580 hp LSA...though with projected weight loss of the car as a whole, the same engine would add performance.

StoneCrab is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

One of the big advantages to V2 is the easy upgradeability and reliable powertrain. A pulley swap and tune will give near 100 hp. A cam and other bits can give a 700hp motor. I think the LSA will be seen as a go to for tuners long after it is gone. I know GM can do great things with the LT1 but I don't expect it to be as easily upgradeable as LSA.

There are rumors of encrypted or locked ECMs on the LT1 and the only way around it is an expensive controller swap.

baabootoo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Blue/Titanium 2009 V Auto

I'm hearing the all aluminum LS4, 5.3, twin turbo for around 520-ish. Weight in around 4000, and NO gas guzzler tax.

MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I'm really curious if GM will build a V3 wagon, so I won't be forced to buy an AMG.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PNBLWZD View Post
    2 people I know that work at 2 different Cadillac dealers in sales said there has been no official release, but they are hearing the V3 will have the same 580HP LSA motor as the Camaro ZL1
    No one knew anything until the V2 was released. Many thought an LS7. When the 556hp LSA was revealed, it was shocking...

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

Just hang loose until next January. When GM unveils the high-performance version of the Corvette, figure on a version of that engine -- a supercharged LT1.

As for the rest of the car, graft a V1/V2 style grill treatment on the CTS-Vsport and give it unique wheels and you're pretty much done. To figure weight, look at how much the 3.6 Premium CTS lost from g2 to g3 and figure very similar for V2 to V3.

RGaret is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    No one knew anything until the V2 was released. Many thought an LS7. When the 556hp LSA was revealed, it was shocking...
    I think it will have cylinder deactivation and variable vale timing, just like the new Vette. Also the interior will be much better than what we have now as well as a decent electronics package (CUE not withstanding)

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I doubt they make a wagon, I think that was one of the things that was kind of a bonus just because and they really don't need a halo car with the coupe selling so well.

Chrispy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS Luxury

I don't believe a 5.3 is on the table as cylinder deactivation and overall mileage works best with the 6.2L motor. I imagine it's going to be direct injection, 8 speed auto or 7 speed manual, cylinder deactivation. I'm guessing it'll be the 2.3L blower and the ZR1 will probably be close to 700hp.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I believe the V3 will for sure be a solid performance car. It will be interesting to see if they go "par" with the competition or really go after that sub 3 second performance market. The car itself is very attractive, but its lost much if not all of its edgyness. The car just looks like a typical seden, be it a very nice looking sedan. I hope with the V version they change a lot of the body panels to set it apart - it really needs it particularly when its going to cost over $80,000....you just wait.

I think when you think about where they went with the ATS and V-sport, I'd be surprised if they didn't do some kind of twin turbo V8, with all the fancy timing junk, and maybe even engine shut off at stop lights in addition to cylinder shut-off but we'll have to wait and see!

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by RaVeNous View Post
    maybe even engine shut off at stop lights
    As long as it's not like BMW's. My wife's has it and it sucks. I disable it every time I drive.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate

I think LT1 left out engine stop/start because it doesn't have much of an impact on the EPA test cycle. AFM, different story.

muohio is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I think it will be an incremental performance jump like E60 to F10 M5. We won't see the dramatic change from V1 to V2. It should be ~100lbs lighter and hopefully a twin turbo V8 that provides much better MPG.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.