New Tires for my 2010 CTS-V Sedan - Which ones to get?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, New Tires for my 2010 CTS-V Sedan - Which ones to get? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Bought an off lease 2010 White Diamond CTS-V sedan (6 Speed manual and all of the goodies) with 38K miles ...
    rpgibbs is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 SRX 05 CTS-V

New Tires for my 2010 CTS-V Sedan - Which ones to get?

Bought an off lease 2010 White Diamond CTS-V sedan (6 Speed manual and all of the goodies) with 38K miles and tires had been replaced with Hankook EVO V12's at around 22k. They are ok for now but will be replacing in 3 to 6 months. Would appreciate recommendations as to which tires to consider. We live in South Florida so summer driving only needed. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V
    Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

ptrd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: New Tires for my 2010 CTS-V Sedan - Which ones to get?

^if discount tire had them in stock, already tried to order. I might have to break down and get them from tirerack.

USAFRET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's

I have the Hankook V12's on my 11 coupe and had them on my wife's 08 Jaguar XK. I really like them, but I'm no longer pushing my car to the limits, they are quiet, smooth and actually very grippy in the rain and not to bad in the cold. Haven't had them in snow yet.

So for the money they are a great choice.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFRET View Post
    I have the Hankook V12's on my 11 coupe and had them on my wife's 08 Jaguar XK. I really like them, but I'm no longer pushing my car to the limits, they are quiet, smooth and actually very grippy in the rain and not to bad in the cold. Haven't had them in snow yet.

So for the money they are a great choice.
    I wouldn't say wet grip is any better with the Hankooks. It's the resistance to hydroplaning that makes them so good in the rain...

DiamondWhtV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Have the EVO's and will get them again. I don't track the car and is my DD. Get better mileage/wear on these than the PS2. Reverse crabbing isn't as noticable in cold weather either.

musclecar6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 V sedan crystal red/ light titanium A6, 2010 GS LPE 650

Michelin pilot super sports. They have great reviews. When my PS2's wear out, it's the tire I will get.
    GMX322V S/C and GMX322V S/C like this.

FSTCDY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Black CTS-V
    My Hankooks are at the end of their life and having super sports put on Saturday. The Hankooks did just fine all around compared to the stockers and cheaper too. The price difference at discount for the super sports was just a couple hundred, so I decided to change it up and see what all the fuss is about.

I will have a good comparison soon enough! Lol

lbenoit is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

I recently installed the Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my 2009 CTS-V. These are equal or superior to the PS2 in every performance category and significantly superior to the Continental ExtremeContact DW tires that they replaced. During the first two years of ownership, I went through two sets of Michelin PS2 tires and got only 10,000 out of each set --- simply terrible wear. They have to be among the very worst values for a street tire -- ever. The Pilot Super Sports have a 36% higher wear rating and cost $400 less per set than the PS2 (Tire Rack pricing). For maximum performance at a resonable price, I highly recommend the Pilot Super Sports.
    GMX322V S/C and GMX322V S/C like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lbenoit View Post
    I recently installed the Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my 2009 CTS-V. These are equal or superior to the PS2 in every performance category and significantly superior to the Continental ExtremeContact DW tires that they replaced. During the first two years of ownership, I went through two sets of Michelin PS2 tires and got only 10,000 out of each set --- simply terrible wear. They have to be among the very worst values for a street tire -- ever. The Pilot Super Sports have a 36% higher wear rating and cost $400 less per set than the PS2 (Tire Rack pricing). For maximum performance at a resonable price, I highly recommend the Pilot Super Sports.
    Pfft.

DisposableHero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

some guys say 200$ tire and some say $400 wow

hankooks haven been good to me so far

They're excellent tires for the price. I'd still rather pay extra for PSSs...

mrkool is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V, Harley VROD (Night Rod)

It is not like any one is making new tires for our cars so why not make this thread into a sticky.

JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    What are you guys paying for a set of Pilot Super Sports in stock sizes, mounted and balanced?

Jud
    Jud

FSTCDY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Black CTS-V
    Mine were $1200 out the door at Discount Tire. But I went wider than stock on front and back. Don't think the price difference is much if any.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.