I've heard the good, now what's the bad? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, I've heard the good, now what's the bad? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Nice honest write-up RaVeNous. You sound like a real "car guy". +1...
    SARDEANIE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Re: I've heard the good, now what's the bad?

Nice honest write-up RaVeNous. You sound like a real "car guy". +1

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Interior/moonroof rattles are not in all Vs. Mine was very quiet...

triks86 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    I just posted how outdated the Navigation (the entire system) software is. I had a 2012 SRX on loan and the Nav was 10 times better. The voice commands are pretty bad, my Audi syncs my contacts and allows me to call anyone if my phone book from the steering wheel. Not so much with the V. But there is the upside of 556 horses so in the end who cares!

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

Gotta agree with RaVeNous BS comment ....

Rob

MacBuster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RapidRob View Post
    Gotta agree with RaVeNous BS comment ....

Rob
    Push on the armrest. Push on the shiny bits around the radio.

My rear view mirror base cover started rattling liek crazy yesterday. Some random rattle from the trunk area now.

I'm not complaining. This is my 4th Cadillac since 2006. I know what I'm getting, and I'm generally ok with it.

But the CTS interior is not in the same league as the Germans in terms of how well the interior is constructed, the materials, how the little pieces all fit together, etc etc.

Motor Trend disagrees.

Tro Budden is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V sedan, thunder grey, 6speed

my sunroof creaks when i crawl over my curb. and the washer fluid motor died, after 100000km on canadian roads I think the V is a extremely well made machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tro Budden View Post
    my sunroof creaks when i crawl over my curb.
    Careful, you will get a bunch of flack for suggesting that the V isn't a Bentley.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by triks86 View Post
    I just posted how outdated the Navigation (the entire system) software is. I had a 2012 SRX on loan and the Nav was 10 times better. The voice commands are pretty bad, my Audi syncs my contacts and allows me to call anyone if my phone book from the steering wheel. Not so much with the V. But there is the upside of 556 horses so in the end who cares!
    Outdated in terms of 2012 cars for sure. Of course the system was outdated in 2010. In reality NAV sytem are getting behind in cars in general and until they have a system that works like an ipad/adroid tablet, and can receive updates like said devices they will remain outdated in general....

No reason to EVER pay for an update on a NAV infotainment system that is a $2000 option.

I have never been in a car with a sunroof that didn't have a rattle because of it. I was in the back of a Maybach Benz, and it rattled...but it was a VERY NICE car. I mean big bumps, crappy roads, you can only do so much with a car. There is just lots of connections and parts, and surfaces to rub together. BMW's have softer leather trim. Benz seats seam to have better surfact materials and stitching. I wouldn't put the Cadillac CTS in general behind either of those in general as they each have strong point. All of them have rattles...but we've been through this before...

Quote Originally Posted by MacBuster View Post

Careful, you will get a bunch of flack for suggesting that the V isn't a Bentley.
    Is that thong too tight?

Why people refuse to have an objective discussion/acknowledgement of the strengths and weaknesses of a car, is beyond me.

JFJr is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacBuster
    Why people refuse to have an objective discussion/acknowledgement of the strengths and weaknesses of a car, is beyond me.
    I think what most folks say is that you need to compare the V2 with other cars that have 2008 technology, like the V2, and not with later models of other cars. That seems fair and logical to me and is closer to apples to apples.

Jud
    Jud

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    I think what most folks say is that you need to compare the V2 with other cars that have 2008 technology, like the V2, and not with later models of other cars. That seems fair and logical to me and is closer to apples to apples.

Jud
    I'm generally fine with the technology. Updated technology can be over-rated.

I'm talking about squeeks, rattles and the like. And just the general notch down in terms of the touch and feel of most of the materials. They aren't a big deal, but they are there. They don't ruin the experience, but it seems silly to deny that they exist.

JFJr is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacBuster

I'm generally fine with the technology. Updated technology can be over-rated.

I'm talking about squeeks, rattles and the like. And just the general notch down in terms of the touch and feel of most of the materials. They aren't a big deal, but they are there. They don't ruin the experience, but it seems silly to deny that they exist.
    Understand your opinion but I have about 77,000 miles on my 2009, with no extraneous squeaks or rattles, so I must have had mine built on a "good day."

Jud
    RapidRob and RapidRob like this.
    Jud

S2TPerformance is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Tires. Even if you are nice, they wear-out fast. You'll be lucky to get 20K out of a set and they aren't cheap.

Michael Bello
    S2T Performance Products

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.