Back in a CTS-V; Corsa Touring axle backs?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Back in a CTS-V; Corsa Touring axle backs? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Our '11 V was totaled late March '12 by an inattentive SUV driver. It was my wife's DD and she ...
    Corvillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS-V

Back in a CTS-V; Corsa Touring axle backs?

Our '11 V was totaled late March '12 by an inattentive SUV driver. It was my wife's DD and she loved that car. We thought we could save some money with a '12 BMW 335i Sport, and it was less expensive and got better fuel economy. And it was pretty peppy at about 4.6 0-60. But she hated it. Last month I traded it (ouch, don't ask) for a new '13 V, Silver/Platinum, Recaros, roof. My wife actually giggled when I told her I bought a V, and she loves it. She is still having back/neck issues from the accident, and it is worth every dime I paid to see her get such pleasure from driving a car she really enjoys.

The '11 was leased and I was not inclined to spend the cash for Corsa Touring mufflers. Seriously considering them for the '13. Comments from those who have the Touring mufflers would be appreciated.

David

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

Re: Back in a CTS-V; Corsa Touring axle backs?

David,

Glad your wife is ok. That is all that matters. I hope she is still treating with a doctor. I can only imagine the bath you took trading in the BMW on the V. Surprised you actually did it.

Congrats on your (her) new car! I had Borlas on my 2010 V Sedan and 2011 V Coupe and it had the best sound compared to anything else out there. Look into the Borlas.

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-V-TWIN View Post
    David,

Glad your wife is ok. That is all that matters. I hope she is still treating with a doctor. I can only imagine the bath you took trading in the BMW on the V. Surprised you actually did it.

Congrats on your (her) new car! I had Borlas on my 2010 V Sedan and 2011 V Coupe and it had the best sound compared to anything else out there. Look into the Borlas.
    Thank you, and yes she is still under treatment. I believe the CTS-V and the Recaros saved her from more serious injury.

Are you Dr. V-Twin? I have a '13 FLHX, Stage 1.

As for Borlas, I had horrible drone issues with Borlas on my '08 Mustang GT. Sounded great but I could not stand to ride in that car at 65-70 mph in 5th. Any drone with the Borla CTS-V axle backs?

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

I used to work at Dr. V-Twin until the company closed it's doors last July.

I have an 09 FLHX with about $20K+ dumped in it from Stage 4 SE heads, 103", automatic compression release, high flow oil pump, everything Performance Machine on it, the works. The entire bike is beyond done and more chrome than anything I have ever seen. I can never sell it cause I would lose my ass on it! LOL!

ZERO drone on Borla's new products, especially their Cadillac line. I had the full system on both my Vs and they never had any drone. They are not as loud as their Mustang setups.

vagondr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 CTS-V wagon WD graphite 6MT Corsa Sports

Corsa touring is too much like stock. Don't believe those that say Corsa Sport is too loud. I sometimes think it's not loud enough. With no other exhaust mod it's about perfect. Pleasing burble and pop on decel. Turns heads but won't disturb the neighbors. Easy installation.
    brian-nicola and brian-nicola like this.

Rule12b is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V Sedan

I had the Touring on my sedan (after trying others) and flat out LOVED it. Quieter than stock at cruise, wails like mad when you punch it. Now, I had headers and needed supplementals to tone them down a touch, on a sedan. If you aren't doing headers, and on a coupe, I've heard good things about the Sport. Overall though, I think the Corsa is the best choice out there for our cars. (Yes they do sponsor my racing efforts, but if I thought they sucked, I wouldn't let 'em).

musclecar6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 V sedan crystal red/ light titanium A6, 2010 GS LPE 650

I totally agree with your thoughts on the Corsa Sport. As others have said, if one is doing headers, get the Corsa Touring. If no headers, get the Corsa Sport. I did a write up recently on this topic recently on the "other" forum.
    brian-nicola and brian-nicola like this.

09SRT8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by vagondr View Post
    Corsa touring is too much like stock. Don't believe those that say Corsa Sport is too loud. I sometimes think it's not loud enough. With no other exhaust mod it's about perfect. Pleasing burble and pop on decel. Turns heads but won't disturb the neighbors. Easy installation.
    I have to agree with vagondr. I have the Corsa touring on my 2011 Sedan with automatic trans and love it. No drone, sounds very throaty at start up, quiet when driving regular and has a nice note when you open her up. When you switch to paddle shifts it has a nice pop and rumble on decel. Plus they look nice and exit out of the stock bumper cut outs like stock. I had the Corsa exhaust on my 2009 SRT8 Challenger and loved it very impressed with quality and sound which is why I picked them again. One thing I wish Corsa did for Cadillac was make the V logo on the exhaust tips. You could order the Corsa system with a laser etched Mopar logo which looked really nice for car shows. The mufflers for the Cadillac come with the Corsa logo only plus I think they now make the exhasut tips in black. The proto type stealth blue they had on display at the V-Lab events had laser etched exhaust tips but I called Corsa and they do not offer it. Here's a photo of the muffler with the V logo and one with Corsa.

Attachment 113873

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I personally loved headers and stock mufflers. Good increase in sound levels and attitude, but keeps in character with the V's mission.

Very sorry to hear about your wife's issues. How does she like the Recaros with the back problems? I badly pulled my lower back a couple years ago and the Recaros actually made my back feel better. That support is awesome....

dennych is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Man... after looking at the corsa sport exhausts I'm totally tempted to make the upgrade on my wagon now since it doesn't affect the warranty.... Anyone recommend any good installers in SoCal area? Might as well get that separate air-raid that came with my car when I bought it installed too.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Very sorry to hear about your wife's issues. How does she like the Recaros with the back problems? I badly pulled my lower back a couple years ago and the Recaros actually made my back feel better. That support is awesome....
    We had Recaros in the '11, and she loves them. She is very petite, and they adjust perfectly to suit her. The sport seats in the 335i are very good, but the Recaros are better. I believe the Recaros were a major factor in limiting her injuries. It was a pretty violent hit from behind. The trunk lid was pushed nearly to the back seat, both sail panels distorted into the roof, back doors jammed. She was pushed into the car ahead hard enough to heavily damage the front and deploy the driver air bags.

----------

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Wow! The Vs are very stout. I've seen pics of Vs t-boned and barrel rolled and am amazed at how well they take it...

As for the Recaros, I'm far from petite. I am the anti-petite. I loved those Recaros...
    GMX322V S/C and GMX322V S/C like this.

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

Quote Originally Posted by Corvillac View Post
    ...Comments from those who have the Touring mufflers would be appreciated...
    Will a sound clip do (sedan)?

I ran them very briefly with only 2 cats and it was way out of character for this class of car, IMO.

Hope your wife makes a full recovery!

taken is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V

What I can't figure out is, in EVERY sound clip I hear, the touring sounds exactly like the sport. Is the difference bigger in person??

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

^^ Yes. In sound clips you're typically limited by the recorder's auto volume level control. But what you've observed is kind of a testament to Corsa technology--same characteristic sound, different volume levels

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.