Back in a CTS-V; Corsa Touring axle backs? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Back in a CTS-V; Corsa Touring axle backs? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I wish there was someone in New England I could meet up with and hear their system. Better yet two ...
    taken is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS V

Re: Back in a CTS-V; Corsa Touring axle backs?

I wish there was someone in New England I could meet up with and hear their system. Better yet two owners. One with sport and one with touring!

lheimann is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvillac
    Our '11 V was totaled late March '12 by an inattentive SUV driver. It was my wife's DD and she loved that car. We thought we could save some money with a '12 BMW 335i Sport, and it was less expensive and got better fuel economy. And it was pretty peppy at about 4.6 0-60. But she hated it. Last month I traded it (ouch, don't ask) for a new '13 V, Silver/Platinum, Recaros, roof. My wife actually giggled when I told her I bought a V, and she loves it. She is still having back/neck issues from the accident, and it is worth every dime I paid to see her get such pleasure from driving a car she really enjoys.

The '11 was leased and I was not inclined to spend the cash for Corsa Touring mufflers. considering them for the '13. Comments from those who have the Touring mufflers would be appreciated.

David
    Hi David-
    I have an '11 V coupe with the corsa sport exhaust. A a female owner I can tell you it turns heads by most (my hubby loves it, he's a chipped out chevy diesel guy, who likes the nice low rumble sounds) but most importantly it sounds fantastic from the outside and is still quiet enough on the inside not to even notice it's there unless windows are down and radio low. Looking originally into the touring I was extremely happy I went with the sport as there is a noticeable difference. I found the you tube videos did not help me much so I had the shop put the touring on first and then the sport (I'm friends with the owner and since its such a easy install he didn't mind). Hands down in my opinion sport is the way to go I'd bet ya she'll be more than happy with it good luck and glad she's ok from the accident

Great info lheimann. I'm guessing it will help the OP and I know it clears things up for me...

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by taken View Post
    I wish there was someone in New England I could meet up with and hear their system. Better yet two owners. One with sport and one with touring!
    I just sold my V. I would love to show anyone, in person, the awesomeness of Kooks headers and stock muffs...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I just sold my V. I would love to show anyone, in person, the awesomeness of Kooks headers and stock muffs...
    Would have loved to hear it too. As well as the awesomeness of meeting the bigjimsho in person...

musclecar6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 V sedan crystal red/ light titanium A6, 2010 GS LPE 650

I couldn't agree more. I went with the Corsa Sport ( everything else is completely stock), & I like others, was concerned that it might be too loud under light throttle or cruising. DO NOT worry about that at all. The Corsa Sport is perfect & should have come with the car. If you put your significant other in the car ( or anyone else who rode in it stock before you changed to the Corsa Sport) & didn't tell them you had changed it & tooled around at normal light throttle around town or highway Caddy cruising, they'd never know the difference. Course when you get on it, it's a different story, but never overwhelming or unpleasant. It's perfect. You'll love it.

RogersV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Crystal Red, Auto

Quote Originally Posted by musclecar6 View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I went with the Corsa Sport ( everything else is completely stock), & I like others, was concerned that it might be too loud under light throttle or cruising. DO NOT worry about that at all. The Corsa Sport is perfect & should have come with the car. If you put your significant other in the car ( or anyone else who rode in it stock before you changed to the Corsa Sport) & didn't tell them you had changed it & tooled around at normal light throttle around town or highway Caddy cruising, they'd never know the difference. Course when you get on it, it's a different story, but never overwhelming or unpleasant. It's perfect. You'll love it.
    We are still talking axle backs, is this correct? TIA.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Would have loved to hear it too. As well as the awesomeness of meeting the bigjimsho in person...
    I am fattered, I mean flattered!

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

spearfish25 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V Wagon, Glacier Blue, Red Brembos, SB wheels

If I could trust some random shop to install the headers correctly without damaging anything and not rape me on the installation price, I'd do it. The simplicity of installing the Corsa's myself is very appealing.

rgp6373 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v
    From my experience both on the v and my silverado ss , both modded and run corsa.If you plan on staying mostly stock then corsa sport sounds great, if you plan on doing headers then use touring as the sport will very loud with headers ( for most tastes) and if you are going to end up where I am having to take your cats out then save the money and stay with stock mufflers as it will be outrageously loud with either touring or sport if you have headers and no cats.

I am putting qtp cutouts on mine to make it outrageous when I want to be lol
    hlantin, hlantin, Rule12b and 1 others like this.

Corvillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS-V

Thanks all for the great feedback. I am now leaning more toward the Corsa Sport ABs since we will not be doing headers or cat delete.

And I really appreciate the kind comments about my wife's recovery. She is not yet 100%, but is getting better. The V has helped her attitude; she grins every time she cranks it up.

MSS400 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I just installed the Corsa Sport with my 16 yr old daughter. Great sound. Not too loud. Everything you all said was correct about it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.