Interior questions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By thebigjimsho
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Interior questions in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Starting to get serious about buying my V. Have a cpl of interior questions. 1. How hard is it to ...
    67 455 Bird ragtop is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Interior questions

Starting to get serious about buying my V. Have a cpl of interior questions.

1. How hard is it to keep the Light Titanium interior clean ???

2. The suede steering wheels/shift knobs. Do they wear out faster than the regular leather?? Bad enough to avoid ???

Thanks for any replies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Get the swayde. The end.

67 455 Bird ragtop is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Interior questions

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Get the swayde. The end.
    Thanks. I must have messed up my first searches. But I found the info I was looking. Suede ok. Titanium, for me anyway, no

Random84 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Founder, OBWC

1. How hard is it to keep the Light Titanium interior clean ??? I have two wagons with titanium interior. It's about the same IMHO - easy to clean and using something like Aerospace 303 protectant makes it even easier. Black will hide damage slightly better, but just go with which one looks the best with your color choice as either color will wear and show if you abuse it. IMHO, Titanium is worth it - but I don't let kids drink kool aid while I autocross either!

2. The suede steering wheels/shift knobs. Do they wear out faster than the regular leather?? Bad enough to avoid ??? The only downside is the suede is actually slipperier than leather - which surprised me. But it looks soooo much cooler, is very comfortable, and you can always put on some pimp driving gloves like a 1980's hollywood hitman for HPDE's - it really makes for a fun atmosphere!

It wasn't more slippery to me. In my V1, I was constantly adjusting my grip. Never in my V2...

GOTTSPD is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I LOVE the titanium interior. it's so classy! It works so well with my silver sedan. My car didn't come with the suede wheel and shift knob and I'm glad. I don't think it looks that good in the interior of the otherwise gorgeous V. Also, it's a lot more maintenance. There isn't much if any maintenance on a leather wheel, but with suede, well, that's another story. It gets really dirty as it really absorbs the oils in your hands and after a while it looks pretty bad.

Water on a rag. Wipe.

RaVeNous is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

1. How hard is it to keep the Light Titanium interior clean ???

Can't answer this as I have the black and yellow interior. The fake suede is easy to clean.

2. The suede steering wheels/shift knobs. Do they wear out faster than the regular leather?? Bad enough to avoid ???

Nope. I love the feel. You can easily clean them if they start to lose the new look. People who don't agree, just haven't taken the time to clean it.

Crystal Red CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07

Have the light titanium and it's easy to maintain. No Kool-Aid or kids, either!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.